X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalKettle View Post
    Firstly thank you for all the hard work youve put into getting this going

I succesfully got LE running from NAND on by X96 box, but none of the remote.conf files in the zip get the remote going.

Does anyone else have this box? or are there anymore confs to try before i try and create one?

Cheers
    Post the link to the firmware and I will try and rip the config from it.

Comment

Originally posted by pinguy View Post

Post the link to the firmware and I will try and rip the config from it.
      Thanks mate. here is the link https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmtnQun7rC25tFkKiLUZICnh_UUq

Comment

Originally posted by MetalKettle View Post
        Qbox-remote.conf.zip

Unzip it and place the remote.conf to the .config folder (I use FileZilla to connect to the box).

user: root
        password: libreelec

Comment

Originally posted by pinguy View Post
          Qbox-remote.conf.zip

Unzip it and place the remote.conf to the .config folder (I use FileZilla to connect to the box).

user: root
          password: libreelec
          Brilliant thank you. Ill give it a go this evening when i get home.

One quick question... is it possible to run your LE bulids from SD/USB?
          EDIT: scrap that. Just reread,
          Last edited by MetalKettle; 10-20-2016, 09:56.

Comment

Hi,

is there a LE Version for the QBox 2/16GB ??? Want to try it. Board p200/2g

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

Thanks to this post I got interested in LibreElec, but after doing some research I found out that It could be flashed to a MicroSD and executed from it, while keeping the original OS (which can be booted if you take out the MicroSD or boot from the NAND and this way we keep two fully working OS in the same box). I did it, followed the steps and used files from "kszaq" on the official LibreElec Forum and got it working, really smooth and with Anynet+ (CEC on Samsung) working on a Nexbox A95X 2GB/16GB, but Acestream does not work (trust me, i installed versions for rpi and even tried modifying the Plexus addon), and the box was a gift for a friend that needed it, so finally i got rid of LibreElec and used Android (which works quite well). I'm sending this just to inform that LibreElec can be booted from a MicroSD or installed internally the way this post describes or you can boot LibreElec from a MicroSD and then, trough SSH, install to internals with the command "installtointernal", but there's no difference at all if you are using a good MicroSD.
              Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by kerenmac View Post
                but Acestream does not work (trust me, i installed versions for rpi and even tried modifying the Plexus addon)
                There is no aarch64 version, and no sources available so it can be compiled.

At the moment I am running Acestream on my main PC and using the ValdikSS settings in the Plexus addon on the LibreELEC box to connect to it.

It works with almost all acestreams but not all. I am hoping someone somewhere can find the sources for Acestream and compile it for the aarch64 architecture (it is why the Raspberry Pi version doesn't work, its the wrong architecture.)

Ace Stream HTTP Proxy. ABANDONED! NO SUPPORT WHATSOEVER! - ValdikSS/aceproxy

I am keeping an eye on the Odroid C2 forums to see if anyone posts a version for that board, as the board shares the same architecture as ares, the Odroid C2 version of Acestream will work with any X905/S SOC boxes.

The problem is, they seem extremely strict when it comes to talking about Acestream/Plexus. So it might be hard to find a aarch64 version of Acestream on their forums..
                Last edited by pinguy; 10-22-2016, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern
                  Hi,

is there a LE Version for the QBox 2/16GB ??? Want to try it. Board p200/2g

nice Day

gefattern
                  I'm using the .008 fix build with p200 2Gb 1G dtb file on my Q box and it's working fine installed to nand.

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi quincyquinn,

where can i find this .008 fix and for what is the 1G dtb File.Can i use the 2 GB of Ram with it ???

please answer

nice Day

gefattern

Comment

I have a question, on older philips television there seems to be a problem in regard with HDMI 1.3 and the S905X chipset. I have a XGody x96 that came loaded with Android 6 pre-installed with Kodi and a lot of useless addons and it has ocassionaly on my philips television a green, light blue screen. I flashed libreelec on it, which is wonderful. I just need pure kodi just like on my Rpi2 that has openelec. Only problem is that the green, light blue screen flash remains. Now refering to what I said earlier, this is a issue with the S905X chipset, however it appears that a Minix player using that same chipset, that suffered that same problem has been fixed on a firmware update. Any chance we can solve this issue on libreelec?

Oh, and this green light blue flash appears to occur less longer on your libreelec build.

Comment

Originally posted by *rootDavid View Post
                        I have a question, on older philips television there seems to be a problem in regard with HDMI 1.3 and the S905X chipset. I have a XGody x96 that came loaded with Android 6 pre-installed with Kodi and a lot of useless addons and it has ocassionaly on my philips television a green, light blue screen. I flashed libreelec on it, which is wonderful. I just need pure kodi just like on my Rpi2 that has openelec. Only problem is that the green, light blue screen flash remains. Now refering to what I said earlier, this is a issue with the S905X chipset, however it appears that a Minix player using that same chipset, that suffered that same problem has been fixed on a firmware update. Any chance we can solve this issue on libreelec?

Oh, and this green light blue flash appears to occur less longer on your libreelec build.
                        Hi, I use version 005 of your S905 build on an OTT MXQ Pro 4k (p200). With my older Philips TV, the picture goes green or pink from time to time. Apparently, this is some problem with the hdmi handshake and can be circumvented by forcing the hdmi…

Comment

A lot of great information here. 👍

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern
                            Hi quincyquinn,

where can i find this .008 fix and for what is the 1G dtb File.Can i use the 2 GB of Ram with it ???

please answer

nice Day

gefattern
                            All the information you need is on the LibreELEC site, my advice is to read up before you try anything

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi quincyquinn,

Thanks,i look and try.

from here the zip file / correct ?????

and from here the 1G.dtb file / correct ????

please say if it is right for QBox 2GB/16GB

nice Day

gefattern
                              Last edited by gefattern; 10-26-2016, 21:08.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                                Hi quincyquinn,

Thanks,i look and try.

nice Day

gefattern
                                If you get stuck. You basically need to find the DTB tree file from here. (There are a few p200 dtb files so find the correct one for your device). Once you have the correct one download this, and re-name the dtb tree file to dtb.img and re-place the file in the zip with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X