Scooters V88 pro Port...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenchz View Post
    Yes, thank you. But I'm stupid and can't get usb burning tool to detect the box.
    Ok, shortenig pins, connect usb, nand begins make sound and nothing happens.
    Doctor,aam I doing something wrong?
    You need to start the burn tool, load the rom, press start, connect the box, THEN short the pins. Done this many times with this box.

I would also recommend buying some copper or aluminum heatsinks for it. http://www.****.com/itm/8pcs-13x12x5...item3f6084c484 I have placed 5 of these on my boxes and it has helped. 2 on the ram on top and 2 on the bottom and 1 on the ssd. Now if only I knew if there was a pin out for a fan header I would buy the raspberry pi fan kit and solder that on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post

You need to start the burn tool, load the rom, press start, connect the box, THEN short the pins. Done this many times with this box.

I would also recommend buying some copper or aluminum heatsinks for it. http://www.****.com/itm/8pcs-13x12x5...item3f6084c484 I have placed 5 of these on my boxes and it has helped. 2 on the ram on top and 2 on the bottom and 1 on the ssd. Now if only I knew if there was a pin out for a fan header I would buy the raspberry pi fan kit and solder that on.
      Thank you, Kuno, I'll try today evening.

I was thinking about fan, but did not consider if it helped much. The smallest fan I found was 40×40×10 mm and I think there is enough place to put it in, but I'm not sure about air circualation in this smal box. Maybe...
      Btw as far as I remember these fans has 5V, so you can solder direct to power input or solder/connect to usb.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post

I did as you recommended but no success, burn tool stiil could not recognise the box.
        Sad :/

Comment

Make sure you keep contact on the correct pins then insert usb with rom started. When tool hits 4 percent you can release. If its not showing your not hitting pins correctly. Try again
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
            Make sure you keep contact on the correct pins then insert usb with rom started. When tool hits 4 percent you can release. If its not showing your not hitting pins correctly. Try again
            Ok,
            - run burn tool, upload image, press start
            - connect usb
            - As shown in picture, shorten contacts 3 and 4
            Right?
            Burn tool does not see box, nand chip makes sound and that's. I held for 3 minutes, nothing changed.

​​And is there no other way to update rom?

Comment

Scooter, I am really liking this firmware. The light is still red, but honestly, it makes it easier to have it in the room at night as the red LED is no where near as bright as that blue haha. The remote works, Kodi, whatever you did is freaking awesome. Still some bleeding through of the menu when items are playing, but I think that has more to do with the heat issues that this box has than your awesome firmware. Will try to figure out how to cool it better. Maybe a big metal plate haha.

Comment

Thanks but just re packaged others work. Hoping Neomode finds the issue with brick issue. But at least its now a little more normal for daily use.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n606883[/ATTACH]
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 6 photos.

Comment

If I connect the box to tv hdmi and then connect usb to pc (not power cable), I see on tv screen only aml logo and if I shorten pins tv losts video signal and nothing happens.
                    So stucked with previous port. I cIcannot understand what's wrong

UPD. I think I give up for now - burn tool does not connect to the box, with shorten pins or not. It's a bit pitty that remote doesn't work on this older version.
                    So, could not give you feedback for new versio, sorry.
                    Last edited by Xenchz; 11-01-2016, 11:03.

Comment

You have to be usb rear port connected to pc with burning tool running and select new firmware press start. Make sure drivers installed first. Then select start in burning tool short pins and holding pin short plug in usb then when tool at 4 percent let go short.

Comment

You have to be usb rear port connected to pc with burning tool running and select new firmware press start. Make sure drivers installed first. Then select start in burning tool short pins and holding pin short plug in usb then when tool at 4 percent let go short.
                        Yes, I have done this way. Burn tool doesn't see the box, so no percents happen.
                        If i connect to tv hdmi and power with usb, can only see amd logo - no more.
                        ​​​​If I disconnect usb and connect power cable, box boots up and I see older version of port.
                        I don't know: I am doing something wrong or box is different in some way

Comment

Double check you actually short right pins and drivers installed. It works

Comment

Curious has anyone looked at building a custom TWRP so we don't have to short the pins to upgrade/downgrade after we've initially flashed it?

All of TWRP 3.x source is public. You can compile it on your own. This guide isn't going to be a step-by-step, word-for-word type of guide. If you're not familiar with basic Linux commands and/or building in AOSP then you probably won't be...

Comment

Originally posted by dwizzle View Post
                              Curious has anyone looked at building a custom TWRP so we don't have to short the pins to upgrade/downgrade after we've initially flashed it?

All of TWRP 3.x source is public. You can compile it on your own. This guide isn't going to be a step-by-step, word-for-word type of guide. If you're not familiar with basic Linux commands and/or building in AOSP then you probably won't be...

There is a working TWRP for the TX5 Pro, so perhaps worth trying with this box.

Post 19.
                              R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Double check you actually short right pins and drivers installed. It works
                                Drivers installed, pins checked, img uploaded to burn tool, start pressed, usb connected, pins shortened - burn tool didn't connect to box.
                                Ok, nevermind, thank you for your help, but something is wrong this this box

Comment

Working...
                                X