Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] XannyTech Custom Mod Rom + TWRP Recovey built-in - for MINIM8SII and other devices see first post.

Hi to all, i'm an old and Retired XDA Rom developer, recently i buyed a Mini M8S II, and i found some bugs, and i hate the customization so i looked into...

That's what i got: a superspeed rom, customized with all the new fixes and utility you need.

Has been tested on Mini M8S II, but should work on any P212 Motherboard based TvBox, and some other more, obviously i did not a test with all devices but you can read in forum thread experiences from other users.
    In download section also version for Motherboard D4X16 Mini M8SII

Reported Working also on:
    - Tanix TX5 Pro with AP6255 wifi chip
    - Mini MX + S905x 1Gb
    - Sunvell T95x 2gb/8gb and generally on any MINI M8S II clone
    - X96 this is the remote.conf
    - Nexbox A5 2G/16G
    - Nexbox A95x s905x 1g 8g

Using a different device just remember to backup and then put the correct Remote.Conf in /system/etc ; in my custom rom /system/Media i gave to you a directory with some remote.conf i found around:
    Code:
    [B]REMOTE INCLUDED [/B][B]TO BE COPIED IN /system/etc/ (give permissions 644)[/B][B]:[/B]
    - Nexboxa5
    - Nexboxa95x
    - V88 Pro
    - TanixTX5Pro
    - X96
    I personally use a MX3 Airmouse.

So this Rom is:
    Code:
    - Deodexed
    - Zipaligned
    - DeBloated
    - Xposed Framework prebuilt in and activated
    - Init.d support built-in
    - Kodi bloated addon removed + Kodi optimization Built-in
    - SuperSu updated to latest stable
    - Many refinement and optimizations
    - Selinux in Permissive mode
    - SquareHome2 set has system launcher, you need to customize it by yourself, but i like it badly. ;)
    App Removed from stock:
    Code:
    - OpenWNN and relative libs
    - PPPoe
    - Filebrowser
    - Browser
    - Videoplayer
    Bugfixes:
    Code:
    - USB keyboard ENTER bug corrected;
    - RGB FIX go in Android settings/display/set colorspace choose RGB then Unplug and replug HDMI cable!
    - Autorefresh rate globally working (HDMI SelfAdaptation has to be on);
    - Brightness bug fixed;
    - R/W working;
    - Wifi: i bougth a litte 6db gain antenna with cable(1,5 $) soldered it removing the shitty antenna inside of the box.
    - Passthrough Fix  - Thanks Pharjister !

[B]Passthroughfix.apk Instructions:[/B]
    You had to go to android settings/more settings/apps privileges and turn on storage privileges then notifications and give it priority.
    Launch the app and use reboot button ad approve root privileges for it.
    From then on after rebooting wait until you hear the notification sound and check if the app has received root privileges.
    Normally it takes few seconds after the system is loaded.
    Sometimes you should reboot several times to complete the procedure.
    Preinstalled apps:
    NOTE: none of the apps included in my ROM it's pirated or modded: all free versions!
    Code:
    ADAway              You should not need to open it because hostfile is yet ready to block ADS
    Chrome + WebView
    [U]SPMC 16[/U]
    Google Voice Search
    Netflix (Edit build.prop change service.bootvideo=0 for a unknown reason netflix in some country give error 0013 if tht prop is setted to 1)
    MxPlayer             [B]In /system/Media there are the better codec from XDA Thread, just set it in preferences[/B].
    Total Commander + 3 useful plugins
    YouTube
    Terminal Emulator
    BootManager [B](to be activated in Xposed installer)[/B]
    XposedInstaller 3.11 + BootManager plugin
    Reboot app
    ...I hope i didn't forgot any (i use a different list for myself...)

If you're scared to lose OTA updates, don't worry, if a update will come out i'll upload a new upgraded mod.

WARNING:
    I'm not responsible and nor the forum that hosts my ROM is, of any damage or malfunction caused on your device, during the flash or the use of my ROM.
    You'll take the responsibility of what you do.
    My Roms cannot brick your device, but you can flashing it improperly. I'm not a chinese box help center i hope you'll understand what i mean

To burn my Rom you need Amlogic_USB_burning_tool_2.0.8 and a male to male USB cable, 1 male to your pc, the other on the usb port near the HDMI.
    you can follow this guide: http://androidpcreview.com/how-to-use-the-amlogic-usb-burning-tool-to-manually-update-firmware/3749/

DOWNLOAD LINKS:

XTMOD EX 3.0 standard version

RELEASE NOTE/MODIFICATION FROM PREVIOUS VERSION:

- Updated Google Play Services;
    - Updated Google Play (market);
    - New app list: - Amazon Prime;
    - Adaway
    - Aptoide (very useful sometimes, but be careful);
    - Google Chrome;
    - Google Calendar;
    - Google Play Music;
    - Google Play Videos;
    - Google Voice Search;
    - Terminal Emulator;
    - MX Player;
    - Netflix;
    - SPMC;
    - Total Commander;
    - XposedInstaller + Youtube Adaway + BootManager Modules;
    - Youtube.
    All the apps are at the last version available during compilation.
    - Fixed a stupid bug in kernel, it was just a typo;
    - Some automatic script revised or removed;
    - Pre-Setted some apps (Mxplayer, Xposed Total Commander and SQHome Launcher);
    - New Bootlogo, New Bootvideo, New Bootanimation, New Wallpaper;
    - Many thing very important that i forgot to write down (because pratically i ported my PERSONAL rom).
    I don't know if i can do more on this kind of firmware, next will be the official Android Tv Rom (actually i posted just three betas).

Enjoy
    Xanny

XTMOD 3.0 for TvBoxes with motherboard P212 with wifi chipset : AP62X2, AP4354, AP4356, AP6212, AP6212A, AP6255, AP6335, AP43458, AP6330, 8723xx (Bluetooth not working), 8188XX, 8189XX, 8192XX, 8812XX
    If you have a 9377 wifi chip device flash the image, then after the first boot is complete, go to recovery and install this file:
    - wifi 9377 twrp file

- XTMOD 3.0 for D4X16 Motherboard
    Some new Mini M8SII comes out with a new motherboard, is green, there is a label D4X16, you can see that label just opening the device, for the one and just for the one with such motherboard, do not flash it on normal Mini M8SII.

- XTMOD 3.0 for NexBox A95x 2/16 (should work also for 1/8) repacked by ssarava9 with remote power functional.
    (in message #1887 he posted a description of what he did to eventually try yourself)

For the users that got Google Play Bug i prepared a zip to be flashed trough twrp.
    I tested myself but let me know if all it's ok
    XTMOD3_MARKETFIX

I will KINDLY NOT REPLY to any request such which wifi i own? Which Motherboard has my device? It's YOUR device not mine

Amlogic Usb Burning tool 2.1.2:
    https://mega.nz/#!i8pxACKC!EIP9DucLY...7-j3r-NKDBEjFs

TF/SD Burn Card Maker 2.0.3:
    https://mega.nz/#!SowFiSID!mEk8gp5qN...xYS5xviDNSUdE8

Enjoy!
    If you like my works and would you like to offer me a beer or a coffe, or a sign of appreciation :
    SEND ME A DONATION
    Last edited by Xannytech; 10-28-2017, 17:46.

Pass through apk - Pharjister.

Is the storage unified?
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
      Pass through apk - Pharjister.
      Is the storage unified?
      Thanks i added him in the description
      Yes should be... cause i use a personal and more extreme mod, but the base it's the same, i'm not 100% sure.

Comment

Hey Xannytech.
        What about auto refresh rate in kodi? Is it working?
        Waiting for a zip file to flash it with update app from stock rom.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfynwo View Post
          Hey Xannytech.
          What about auto refresh rate in kodi? Is it working?
          Waiting for a zip file to flash it with update app from stock rom.
          About Auto refresh rate in Kodi don't know, i never tested it, and i'm not the Kodi developer in my custom i used Kodi 17 beta 6 i love it, but for particular setting honestly dunno.
          About the zip i could upload one now, but it's untested, and it's not my way to work.

Comment

Thanks for Sharing your Work on FreakTab.
            If you want to join us we will welcome you!

Neomode
            ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
              Thanks for Sharing your Work on FreakTab.
              If you want to join us we will welcome you!

Neomode
              ​​​
              Thanks a lot , if i'm here it's because i like this forum.
              Xanny

Comment

Welcome the more the merrier 😁
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post

About Auto refresh rate in Kodi don't know, i never tested it, and i'm not the Kodi developer in my custom i used Kodi 17 beta 6 i love it, but for particular setting honestly dunno.
                  About the zip i could upload one now, but it's untested, and it's not my way to work.
                  It's not about kodi. You have to change the permissions on sys/class/display/ files to 666.
                  Now, i am doing this everytime i restart the box , maybe you can make it permanent.
                  Thanks.

Comment

It's not about kodi. You have to change the permissions on sys/class/display/ files to 666.
                    Now, i am doing this everytime i restart the box , maybe you can make it permanent.
                    Thanks.
                    i will check and if not is yet done, i will do it in the next version, it's easy (it's a simple mod to init.amlogic.rc )
                    Edit: i did a fast check just vinfo has a different permission 664 let me know.
                    Or you can put a little script into init.d to do it every time you reboot
                    Code:
                    #!/system/bin/sh
                    chmod 666 /sys/class/display/mode
                    Last edited by Xannytech; 12-07-2016, 15:22.

Comment

Zip version is online, let me know.

Comment

Ok thanks for the zip file. I wil try it in weekend.

Comment

LE: Back to stock sadly.
                          So i tried it and i get the error from the pic. Now all i can do is to get into recovery mode.
                          https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5z...w?usp=drivesdk
                          Last edited by wolfynwo; 12-07-2016, 20:42.

Comment

LE: Back to stock sadly.
                            So i tried it and i get the error from the pic. Now all i can do is to get into recovery mode.
                            https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5z...w?usp=drivesdk
                            I tested also on my device before uploading it's odd.
                            Have you removed the microsd (internal memory) before flashing?
                            what procedure did you follow?
                            Normally your issue comes because the recovery sytem does not recognize the fortmattng of the sdcard, but i will do again a test tomorrow, tonight i must finish a work, so i can't.
                            But if you give me more infos i can try to reproduce the problem.
                            Last edited by Xannytech; 12-07-2016, 21:26.

Comment

Sd card method with reset button+power on.

Comment

Working...
                              X