No announcement yet.

possible newer firmware for H96 PRO PLUS / H96 PRO+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got it updated i had my mirco SD reader plugged into front of my PC I it moved to the back of the PC did the Burn then renamed the files and it worked perfect now updated used the aml_s912_q9377-H96PRO(3+16)-20170104.img file

thanks for the help

Comment

Any good human, can get an backup system in twrp, for h96 pro, rbox or s912 amlogic box??
      i have a recovery.img, just put the file on sd card fat32, and boots, and backup twrp.
      My box is bricked tottaly, not boot, not sd burn and usb burn tool firmware...

link recovery twrp for h96 pro: http://www.mediafire.com/file/z8wep1...i/recovery.img
      tks!!

Comment

Hi

I have tried to update my H96 pro 3gb (reports as a q9377) but always have signature validation failed. When I opened it up I noticed the WIFI chip is labeled longsys LTM8830 which is not what I was expecting. Perhaps this is the reason the firmware won't update? I have not been able to find much information about that WIFI chipset. Does anyone else have that WIFI chipset and know of any updates that work with it?

Comment

Originally posted by wwmoggy View Post
          I got it updated i had my mirco SD reader plugged into front of my PC I it moved to the back of the PC did the Burn then renamed the files and it worked perfect now updated used the aml_s912_q9377-H96PRO(3+16)-20170104.img file

thanks for the help

Hi wwmoggy,n623738

I'm having the same problem you had ,
          1 reboot system now
          2 reboot from system bootloader
          3 apply update from ext
          4 apply update from cache
          5 apply update from ADB
          6 wipe data/ factory reset
          7 wipe cache partition
          8 mount system
          9 view recovery logs
          10 power off

I have did this 10 times nothing change. I change the name of the IMG file to update.img and I did also change the .ini file.

My box is H96 Pro+ s912 (3x32)
          I do not know what I do wrong?? I used (Burn card maker ver.2.0.2 ) and the same file you use ^( aml_s912_q9377-H96PRO(3+16)-20170104.img). I have 3 usb port on my PC one USB 3 and I did not used this one and two other USB2. I'm running Windows 8.1 64 bit. The problem with my H96 PRO+ is it kik out sometime went you are on Kodi 16.1

Hi everybody I found out my problem was that I was formatting in NTSF I thought the Card burner was formatting in FAT32. Anyway it upgrade OK but I'm still having the same problem. My KODI 16.1 is choppy and while I'm kodi some time it shutdown.

I think I'll go back to the one of Nov..2016 this one run fast but shutdown once a while.

Thanks everyone.
          Last edited by Gilles1945; 01-27-2017, 12:50.

Comment

you have to turn off video acceleration in kodi

see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGNYA4mWsxY

Comment

so, i just flashed aml_s912_q9377-H96Pro_ProPlus(3+16_32)-20170104.zip and after going to Settings / About, it reports my box (which is H96 PRO PLUS (3/32)) as H96PRO , i do not see + (PLUS) anywhere :P

Is this normal / okay?

Only reason i 'upgraded' was due to WIFI issue with the rom that came with the box.

Please advise

Comment

Yes that is normal and okay. You are able to change it in the build.prop file if you wish.

Comment

How to do factory setting on h96 pro+ not using the menu.

Comment

This is supposed to be new firmware from seller I purchased my H96 Pro+ 3/32
                    aml_s912_q9377-H96ProPlus(3+32)_mac-20170308.rar

Comment

This is supposed to be new firmware from the seller I bought my H96 Pro+ 3/32
                      aml_s912_q9377-H96ProPlus(3+32)_mac-20170308.rar
                      Last edited by lesnessman; 03-31-2017, 04:21.

Comment

Please upload on english host website.
                        Thank you.

Can you guide me how to reflash firmware on my h96 pro+ tv box. I tried doing hard reset but wipe cache/factory reset not working (see error below)
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Just use Google translate to English on website to download image
                          Google search Amlogic USB Burning Tool 2.08 and download.
                          Google and download new License for USB Burning Tool and install in program file (x86)/Amlogic/USB_Burning_Tool/license

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

I manage to download the .rar file with .img file inside.

Do you have by any chance the OTA zip file format? So i can update via recovery mode. If not i will try the usb burning tools tomorrow.

Thank you

Comment

Just use Google translate to English on website to download image
                              Google search Amlogic USB Burning Tool 2.08 and download.
                              Google and download new License for USB Burning Tool and install in program file (x86)/Amlogic/USB_Burning_Tool/license

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lesnessman View Post
                                This is supposed to be new firmware from seller I purchased my H96 Pro+ 3/32
                                Thanks for sharing. Do you know how to make the navigation bar on screen bottom default hidden?

In previous "20161228" build it is default hidden. I like that design.

Comment

Working...
                                X