No announcement yet.

possible newer firmware for H96 PRO PLUS / H96 PRO+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks tht for linking this...I will flash it later this evening and report back. Downloading right now.
    I have both versions of this H96 Pro+ box (DDR3 and DDR4) the WiFi sucks on both of them.
    I was running version 20170602 that made the WiFi work better (passable) but it still wasn't great or even good.

Comment

Hi all, has anyone tried this http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-tv-box-4.html the filename says 7.1 so I'm assuming it's nougat even though the website says "android 6"

Comment

Yes, I tried, but no too long time. Just instaled, configured Kodi, see a HD movie and that's all.
        Box it's still hot. I change the stock heatsink with this one (image below) and normal tem it's 65-70c and increase to 80c in time of movie.
        Also, HDMI CEC don't work like i expected. The box take all control even I change the source input. I have 3 device who work with CEC: playstation 3, home theater and mediabox.
        After I use mediabox, i must take off the hdmi cable from him.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I flashed the DDR4 box twice last night. First with the firmware listed above dated 20170627 which was for another box. Not much improvement and I didn't like that it was for another box. Then I used the firmware thekider linked to dated 20170619 which is for the H96 pro +. Much better I can actually use the box on WiFi now. Thanks thekider for the link (it is android 7).

Comment

Geht es auch für X92 3GB/32

Comment

Did the DDR3 box last night with the firmware dated 20170619 and it works great now. I am finally happy with these boxes.
              A big thanks for linking the new firmware goes to thekider.

Comment

hi all ,how i can know if i have ddr3 or ddr4 version ? thanks

Comment

You have to open it up if it's ddr4 it will say so on the board somewhere see pic 2 post #14
                  Last edited by Flash125; 07-12-2017, 22:48. Reason: forgot to include proper thread

Comment

Trying to clean thread think we need a ddr4 or ddr3 firmware added to the links posted. Not many know where and what one to down load so confusing members.
                    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Just my 2 cents...I have 1 of both boxes ddr3 and ddr4 . I have tried most of these firmware releases and by far the best has been this one
                      http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-tv-box-4.html
                      I installed it on both boxes and they both work great now. Previous to using this the WiFi was not usable on both and the picture was dark. Now I have no problems and am very happy with them.
                      Talk about adding to the confusion, I know this download says android 6 but it is 7.

I just found out that the box I assumed was DDR3 was in fact DDR4. Just a newer version of this box that wasn't marked the same. I had assumed it was DDR3.
                      Last edited by Flash125; 07-26-2017, 17:03. Reason: Correction

Comment

Originally posted by Flash125 View Post
                        You have to open it up if it's ddr4 it will say so on the board somewhere see pic 2 post #14
                        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...n-unbrick-help
                        thanks ,i have ddr4

Comment

not have custom firmware android tv or not for ddr4 ? i don't view clear explanations ...

Comment

Hi there,
                            I new to this forum and while reading I do appreciate contributions and helps
                            I bought mine from Amazon.fr with Android 6.0 in it, and quickly I noticed that Play store can be used only once, then I had to restart the device. I don't remember had an issue with wifi since I was using Eternet.I did connect to the box a little Webcam which gave me satisfaction on Viber and Skype.
                            Following the seller's advice to solve Goole play store issue, I upgraded to Nougat, but since my Webcam doesn't work any more neither the Google Camera application. Moreover, I noticed that the Wifi must be connected manually after each power-on the device, but stays steady.
                            My concern primarily now is the webcam, any of you can make a test please if you have the webcam of course to see if my device the unique with this issue.
                            Otherwise, anyone knows how to downgrade to Android 6.0 and where to find the firmware.
                            Thank

Comment

Originally posted by Flash125 View Post
                              Just my 2 cents...I have 1 of both boxes ddr3 and ddr4 . I have tried most of these firmware releases and by far the best has been this one
                              http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/downl...-tv-box-4.html
                              I installed it on both boxes and they both work great now. Previous to using this the WiFi was not usable on both and the picture was dark. Now I have no problems and am very happy with them.
                              Talk about adding to the confusion, I know this download says android 6 but it is 7.

I just found out that the box I assumed was DDR3 was in fact DDR4. Just a newer version of this box that wasn't marked the same. I had assumed it was DDR3.
                              i'm curious if you have tested this firmware
                              aml_7.1_s912_q9377-S912-XGO_mac-20170619
                              With pCloud's unique Download Link feature you can share files with everyone. Click to download. Join pCloud.com and get up to 20GB FREE cloud storage.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X