Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello
    I have mini m8s II 2/8Gb and FW 20170606 and everything works great !

But there is a problem with the implementation Bluetooth.
    The problem is that the sound quality is terrible.
    I tried to connect different Headphones, for example QCY50, Bluedio R1+
    But the sound quality is bad in any case.
    The profile in bluetooth is A2DP.
    On stock firmware sound quality is good.
    What could be the problem?

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      We're finding that on many boxes that Bluetooth audio is degraded. Mostly this has been with the Qualcomm QCA9377 wireless chipset, though.

I see wireless chipset AP6212A.
    I repeat, on stock firmware sound quality is good.
    What in this case should I do with Bluetooth?
    Maybe you have a pill (as zip-flle to TWRP), that will cure problem Bluetooth?
    However, if the problem is not solved, I will still stay on this custom FW !
    I

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      No fix yet, but I'm still looking into it. A couple of weeks ago I spent a Sunday looking into the problem, but set it aside when I wasn't making any progress after pissing away the day. Eventually, I will revisit.

i have a mini mxiii ii with amlogic chipset and it has 2GB ram and 16GB space. It runs android 5.1.1 and i am banging my head to upgrade it to something newer. i have downloaded the full image from the first post of the this thread and burned it to a SD card. i did plug the card and did a hard reset while plugin the power. Unfortunatelly it does not load and stays forever to the beelink logo!
    what am i doing wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Methanoid View Post
      Download link is dead for Updated
      Tried the FT link you posted and now I wanted the update file to flash from TWRP as I tried the non TV version and didnt like it so wanted to reflash back to TV... but the FT links are only whole images?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it appears that OneDrive is down, but you can always use the archive site: http://freaktab.org/5~f

It's a little slower, but should work.

Tried the FT link you posted and now I wanted the update file to flash from TWRP as I tried the non TV version and didnt like it so wanted to reflash back to TV... but the FT links are only whole images?
      yeah that is FULL images only.. no update?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, the OneDrive shares are back up now, but I checked the archive and it also had the OTA updates. It's on the 2nd page and starts with "update_MINIMXIII-II_112M0_".

yeah that is FULL images only.. no update?
      Thanks... you could have easily been snarky and pointed out what an idiot I was for not spotting the 2nd page... but you didnt.. you're a gent!! Now if that S905X 7.1 Nexus Rom could be out for Xmas please

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, my family's headed to the Caribbean for the holiday, and so I'll be effectively off-grid until Jan. 6th. (After the hurricanes, we'll be lucky to have power.)

Have a great time then over Xmas in the nice warm Caribbean.... 6th is my birthday but I won't expect a rom as a present

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        I promised some other updates first, but this will be on the short list.

this ROM is valid for a mini m8s III 2/16????

Comment

I have a silly question here.. what is the difference between this ROM and the one for [ROM] Mini M8S II/ Mini MX3 II and Others SCV1A-ATV (Android TV)?

In other words, if one has the Mini M8S II , which one should they use to get Android TV?

Hi there guys and girls, one more rom/fw for you all! Many thks to Mafarricos for sending me the device to play :) READ THE BUGS SECTION FOR UNNECESSARY
        Last edited by tkc0; 12-27-2017, 16:56.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          This is just Superceleron's custom ROM for the same device. Pick whichever suits you best.

Guest hope you had a good break. Any progress on the S905X 7.1 Nexus Rom, although I am quite happy on the current rom. There is one bug that stops me using this box as the daily 24/7 TV box on my family TVs, the Chromecast functionality. I see OP says "Cast service can't get a Cast device cert through ClientAuthSigner except when casting from Chrome browser.". Is this fixable or something that the 7.1 rom will fix? Really would like to not need a 2nd HDMI port tied up on the TV for a Chromecast.

Thanks again for the Rom.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope, that's not fixable because the device needs a Google license. (It does work when casting from the Chrome browser, however. Not sure why they made an exception for this.)

And the license could not be ripped from say a Xiaomi MiBox which has working Cast functionality (supposedly) and uses S905X also??

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          No, the keys are flashed at the factory to the secure key storage.

Some question before flash rom:
        1. Can I root/unroot by menu?
        2. DRM is support?
        3. Can I run Amzon Prime Video (normal or TV version)? I have try other Android TV rom for Mini M8S II and it's impossible.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          1. Not with this ROM, but the Shiningworth ROMs recently got this support and I'm working on a port to the Amlogic p212 reference board.
          2. No, that would require Widevine L1 keys to be flashed at the factory.
          3. Despite teases (http://www.androidpolice.com/2018/01...actually-work/), Amazon Prime Video isn't available for Android TV yet. I've heard the mobile version won't run on Android TV, and I'm guessing that it's going to require Widevine L1 even when it's available.

I have installed it DRM is not supported (I see it also on main page). Amazon Prime Video not works. I have test both normal and TV version.

Comment

Originally posted by array81 View Post
          Amazon Prime Video not works. I have test both normal and TV version.
          You can try this Android TV version of Amazon Prime Video 4.2.43-nvidia-armv7a

Comment

Hello, i may need help here. I was looking for a firmware update and landed here. I burned the package to my Mini MXIII II, now I'm stock on the Set up page for Google. The wifi seems not be not working, but I'm not sure if its QUALCOMM. And if it is, i really don't know how to install the update for QUALCOMM (the zip file)...

edit: i figured it out! thanks. I'm really new on these. Hope there's a auto start 4k video on startup to fix the dark contrast
            Last edited by BELPHEGOR; 02-06-2018, 14:40.

Comment

Working...
            X