Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Beelink Mini MX3 II / M8S II TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Glummy64
    nicogri and Stephane-1971-fr, i Have the same issue when i launch Netflix i have an error UI-800-3. When i test connectivity all is ok.
    During the installation package i have an issue about a missing directory : /storage/2E14-185D but he finish the installation of the package from the play store.
    Guest any idea ?
    OK so good to know that issue is not just for me.

Guest if you need logcat or so I can provide it ;-)

Envoyé de mon Nexus 6P en utilisant Tapatalk

Comment

I have an issue that might be related. I installed the rom on a m8s mini ii. Im trying to use the casting feature. I can see the "nexus player" in available cast devices in the youtube/bbc iplayer apps but i cant actually connect to it. I keep getting an error that reads "there was a problem connecting to nexus player"

Edit: never mind. Just read up on the certificate issue.

Is there anyway around this? I gave up on trying to find the cast receiver app for other android devices. I really like having a chromecast but ideally dont want it taking up a hdmi port when we have kodi on this box.
      Last edited by nextman; 07-20-2017, 14:33.

Comment

Yeah, this is a longstanding issue, one I feel we should be able to fix (at least for scenarios that don't require Widevine Level 1 certification). I just haven't had the time to trace the execution and figure out what's failing. (The logcat's don't reveal a whole lot, unfortunately.)

Comment

try use 2.4ghz
          MINIX U1, MINI MXIII, MINI MXIII II, GT1, SEA I

Comment

I'm looking to upgrade from my Nexus Player to something that supports 4k HDR playback for my TV. I'm moving it to another TV and I'd like to keep my interfaces the same with the Android Leanback Launcher and so I'm interested in this ROM. I'm new to these boxes though and want to know if this will work on other branded Mini m8s II boxes or if it's specific to the Beelink. I'm guessing the other brands I see on Amazon (Edal, Docooler, etc) are the same basic hardware with different accessories and maybe a slightly different firmware but I wanted to check they were compatible before buying anything. I see that wireless chipset may cause a slight issue but I plan on going wired anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
              Ooooh, that's good to see! Anyone have a link to the firmware for this MECOOL M8S Pro+? (With GBM8SPP coupon, $39.99 isn't bad for a 2G/16G S905X config.)
              I have this box now, is it possible to dump the firmware?

Comment

Is it the same version as this one that Superceleron just shared? M8S_PRO+-ota-20170629.183809.V0321.zip

Comment

Is it the same version as this one that Superceleron just shared? M8S_PRO+-ota-20170629.183809.V0321.zip
                  Yes it is.

Comment

Guest : You seem to have done a wonderful work with this ROM. When vendors just don't care anymore for further developing their ROM, developers like you are the savior for consumers like us. I myself have a Beelink Mini MXIII, not that old hardware but no newer/stable ROM to be found. I have managed to get hold on to a ported ROM from MiniX U1 but a lots of things are needed to be fixed. Any news for your mentioned achievement/try with Beelink Mini MXIII?
                    Thanks in advance.
                    Kind regards, RB.

Comment

This custom ROM should also work on the Beelink Mini MXIII, but you might need to update the wireless driver and remote.conf file: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-tv-nexus-roms

Comment

This custom ROM should also work on the Beelink Mini MXIII, but you might need to update the wireless driver and remote.conf file: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...-tv-nexus-roms
                        Thanks for your quick answer, I'll give it a try and get back with result.

Comment

Hi Guest , thanks for your great work.
                          I installed your Android TV custom rom into my docooler M9S-Pro (AML 905x) and I successed to flash it with the toothpick method (I burned the img via the bootcardmaker). But I've got a lot of errors about Leanback launcher (XXX doesn't respond, have been stopped) So I decide to install your nano ROM.
                          But I can't success to use again the toothpick method. When I boot the device with the RESET pressed (into the SPDIF port for my device) and plug the AC, I got no more the "Upgrading" screen ; the device always persist to load the Android TV rom, and not other things into the SD card.
                          So I made a "reboot recovery" but I can't success to flash the img via the recovery (TWRP or stock recovery).

Have you an idea for my case ?
                          Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by redking View Post
                            Have you an idea for my case ?
                            I'd recommend you find a USB Type A male-to-male cable and use Amlogic USB Burning Tool. I find it's the most reliable way to reset back to the OEM firmware.

Comment

CM file manager didn't work with control pad on remote. Can I uninstall it? Just a suggestion, and if not necessary just neglect this message.

Comment

Of course. Just delete /system/app/CMFileManager in TWRP.

Comment

Working...
                                X