No announcement yet.

H96 MAX RK3399 Tv Box 4/32GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone able to get dts passthrough working with these?
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_34797.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.4 KB ID:	740987
    kodi crashes black screen and i noticed the sound setting brings up dolby as being unsupported, tho reviews i had seen listed it as dolby ready

*edit * 4 hrs later and ...
    now its dead just the red spdif light

the display started turning on / off then did a reboot and that was that

also, anyone got another AndroidTool 2.42+ link the AndroidTool_Release_v2.52.zip seems to have a corrupted file?
    *edit*
    or is another compressed format inside the zip? without an extension listed ..

# file AndroidTool_Release_v2.52

AndroidTool_Release_v2.52: POSIX tar archive

sometimes I just love linux

renamed the extracted file inside the zip to AndroidTool_Release_v2.52.tar and extracted

well, progress now used pair tweezers to short pins A+B while plugging in USB ( half plugged in to make it easier to slip in later ) followed by power then removing tweezers short using AndroidTool_Release_v2.52 to reflash and now seem to have a working OS again :P
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=722848.jpg Views:	1 Size:	178.8 KB ID:	741153

I have a feeling that big bit of metal they have floating around (part of wifi ?) is causing a short making these brick ...

I used to run vantec iceberq 4 pro on my mainboards might see if they will fit these chips , also looks like peeling back the sticker could gain air flow acess to the chipset as well more so amazed they have a fan header but could not be bothered installing a $3 fan for us
    Click image for larger version  Name:	sidewindercomputers_2266_169418214.png Views:	1 Size:	85.5 KB ID:	741154Click image for larger version  Name:	CoolChip%201U%20Low%20Profile%20Kinetic%20Cooler.jpg Views:	1 Size:	55.8 KB ID:	741156
    Android 7.1 seems to have working dts passthrough
    rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_APK显示_648M_ear_180713.img latest tools manual etc

edit*

the headers are 3.3v so going to use 5v USB fan adaptor
    put some heat-shrink tubing over wifi metal part so it does not short stuff out again, moved screw that was drilled through pcb into its correct hole
    hot snoted in an old Asus cross flow fan

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20180822_143413.jpg Views:	1 Size:	152.0 KB ID:	741286

Last edited by MasterCATZ; 08-22-2018, 09:25.

Comment

I ask for help to activate the Screensaver. Thank you

Comment

Anyone tried the firmware released on the 11'th august for the H96 Max rk3399 rockchip android TV Box?

Comment

got a link, I am just about to start setting up my box so can do another flash , tho i just started getting my kodi db done

Comment

Originally posted by MasterCATZ View Post
            got a link, I am just about to start setting up my box so can do another flash , tho i just started getting my kodi db done
            Are you going to flash your box with the 11.08.18 firmware ? If so please return in a few days with feedback on how is the box performing . Thank you.

Comment

anyone have any idea why firmware 20180502 won't work for my box wifi chip 9377 here after flashing erasing for a long time then h96 max and then black screen

anyone with 20180502 firmware could please test if https://github.com/jeff2900/Kodi.AmL...tcher/releases works for kodi ?

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                anyone have any idea why firmware 20180502 won't work for my box wifi chip 9377 here after flashing erasing for a long time then h96 max and then black screen

anyone with 20180502 firmware could please test if https://github.com/jeff2900/Kodi.AmL...tcher/releases works for kodi ?
                That is for an Amlogic device, you are using a Rockchip device so it will never work.
                Rockchip already supports frame-rate switching for over a year now.
                You have to bug the manufacturer of H96 Max that makes such a firmware full of bugs to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

That is for an Amlogic device, you are using a Rockchip device so it will never work.
                  Rockchip already supports frame-rate switching for over a year now.
                  You have to bug the manufacturer of H96 Max that makes such a firmware full of bugs to fix it.
                  Do you know where to contact manufacturer of H96 Max? Thank you

Comment

are you talking about this firmware Posted in Aug 11, 2018
                    https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-tv-box-3.html ?

if so that IS the firmware I am running from 13/7/2018

All I know is the rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_APK显示_648M_ear_180713 plays 10bit 4k video with green flashing stripes

another thing that is bugging me off is how the enter key is interacting
                    I normally move around with my arrow keys and hit enter on highlighted buttons, but doing enter interacts wherever the mouse is,
                    looks like I need to Change the default key layout button 28 to ENTER

another possible issue is youtube sounds is cutting in and out every few seconds?

usb devices are still powered while unit is turned off , any ideas how to power down usb port ( running fan from port )

anyone know the download location of that dts tree ?
                    rk3399-excavator rockchip_linux_defconfig evb-rk3399_defconfig rk3399-sapphire-excavator-linux.dts
                    also, does anyone know of a way to hard wire a ACPI power on/off switch?
                    Last edited by MasterCATZ; 08-24-2018, 21:17.

Comment

Originally posted by kurt6916 View Post

Do you know where to contact manufacturer of H96 Max? Thank you
                      Here are all the manufacturers selling it, can email of of them, maybe you are lucky and one responds, but I doubt it.
                      Alibaba.com is committed to bring you a large range of wholesale rk3399 h96. Our suppliers stock motherboards of all types to meet even the most demanding requirements.

Comment

MasterCATZ,

Do you have DISPLAY/ADVANCED SETTINGS in that build? (Click on SETTINGS / DISPLAY / HDMI / ADVANCED SETTINGS).
                        You should then see a colorful display picture with Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Tone adjustments). Do you
                        have that in the July build? Someone reported it was missing in the 5/25 build (That they removed). Wondering if they put
                        that back in?

Regarding Youtube playback. I am not having any sound issues with Youtube Playback (Using the Youtube App) with the 5/2/2018 firmware.

4k 10bit I could care less about as I use Plasma TVs.

are you talking about this firmware Posted in Aug 11, 2018
                        https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-tv-box-3.html ?

if so that IS the firmware I am running from 13/7/2018

All I know is the rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_APK显示_648M_ear_180713 plays 10bit 4k video with green flashing stripes

another thing that is bugging me off is how the enter key is interacting
                        I normally move around with my arrow keys and hit enter on highlighted buttons, but doing enter interacts wherever the mouse is,
                        looks like I need to Change the default key layout button 28 to ENTER

another possible issue is youtube sounds is cutting in and out every few seconds?

anyone know the download location of that dts tree ?
                        rk3399-excavator rockchip_linux_defconfig evb-rk3399_defconfig rk3399-sapphire-excavator-linux.dts
                        also, does anyone know of a way to hard wire a ACPI power on/off switch?

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post

Here are all the manufacturers selling it, can email of of them, maybe you are lucky and one responds, but I doubt it.
                          Alibaba.com is committed to bring you a large range of wholesale rk3399 h96. Our suppliers stock motherboards of all types to meet even the most demanding requirements.
                          Thank you very much. I'll try

Comment

Originally posted by motox22a View Post
                            MasterCATZ,

Do you have DISPLAY/ADVANCED SETTINGS in that build? (Click on SETTINGS / DISPLAY / HDMI / ADVANCED SETTINGS).
                            You should then see a colorful display picture with Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Tone adjustments). Do you
                            have that in the July build? Someone reported it was missing in the 5/25 build (That they removed). Wondering if they put
                            that back in?

Regarding Youtube playback. I am not having any sound issues with Youtube Playback (Using the Youtube App) with the 5/2/2018 firmware.

4k 10bit I could care less about as I use Plasma TVs.

that doesnt sound so good. I'll be staying on the 05.05.2018 firmware than. That one is pretty stable

Comment

Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Tone available rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_APK显示_648M_ear_180713

I came across an x26410bit 1080p today that refused to do hardware acceleration unsure why not
                              Gantz.O.2016.1080p-Hi10p.Dual-Audio.AC3.FLAC.x264-iAHD.txt

I found if I force the TV to 1080P I can playback 10bit HEVC 4k clip without the green stripes
                              Last edited by MasterCATZ; 08-25-2018, 17:34.

Comment

Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Tone available rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_APK显示_648M_ear_180713

I came across an x26410bit 1080p today that refused to do hardware acceleration unsure why not

Gantz.O.2016.1080p-Hi10p.Dual-Audio.AC3.FLAC.x264-iAHD.mkv

I found if I force the TV to 1080P I can playback 10bit HEVC 4k clip without the green stripes

Because that firmware doesn't support 10-bit H264 Level 5.1.
                                Even my old RK3229 can play 10-bit H264 Level 5.1 smoothly.

Comment

Working...
                                X