X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

looks interesting , but how will u put it to the Box ,

from side , from top ??? did u bought it ???

I bought this one : Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_20180701_094824.jpg Views:	1 Size:	80.0 KB ID:	733797

for my X99 , always better to cool this Boxes , 40mm*10mm

grettings / gefattern
    The problem with these fans is that they wont fit in the case of the H96 Max unless you're able to hard-mod it by cutting a piece of the plastic so it can fit. I see no point in that since the bigger fans do a better job at keeping it cool in harmony with the other small upgrades that i mentioned above. ☺

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Odd View Post

The problem with these fans is that they wont fit in the case of the H96 Max unless you're able to hard-mod it by cutting a piece of the plastic so it can fit. I see no point in that since the bigger fans do a better job at keeping it cool in harmony with the other small upgrades that i mentioned above. ☺
      Hi ,

i already made 3 chase Mods like this :

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...36-fan-for-ut4

so i know what i do & know that this Fan will pull out enough

hot Air , to hold the Box in a nice working Conditions , if i must

guess , i think about 40-50 degrees .

Only unsure how i connect the Fan , soldered , below the USB

socket , or like all my Boxes with a USB Plug ??? , not sure ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi guys,where you living? in a Tropical Zone or Bakery.... where are you?

No need this noisy fans ever,my X99 box 7/24 open(almost) no any heating issue! and my living zone is
        extremely hot&humi!! (Antalya-Turkey) until now I do not turn on AirConditioner! but in July/August I'll
        get on A/C as well

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
          Hi guys,where you living? in a Tropical Zone or Bakery.... where are you?

No need this noisy fans ever,my X99 box 7/24 open(almost) no any heating issue! and my living zone is
          extremely hot&humi!! (Antalya-Turkey) until now I do not turn on AirConditioner! but in July/August I'll
          get on A/C as well
          You're probably using your box only for internet surfing ... ☺

Comment

Hi ,

maybe , but with Aircooling , the Temp. is lower ,

lower Temp. = better Stability & Performance ,

thats for sure , and why not , all my Boxes have

one & the X99 Fan is so noiseless , i hear nothing .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

You're probably using your box only for internet surfing ... ☺
              not like that
              using for all kind but except Game

For "gaming" you right device get more heated! but not for dangerous affect!

My device X99 and yours H96 and H96 less heat! I'v tested these two devices last month about 10 days
              my X99 to get more heated!

So dont worry about H96 heating

Comment

Hi ,

maybe , but with Aircooling , the Temp. is lower ,

lower Temp. = better Stability & Performance ,

thats for sure , and why not , all my Boxes have

one & the X99 Fan is so noiseless , i hear nothing .

greetings / gefattern

might be I'll do it some air-holes to drill the upper part of case
                I always think that but until today the device heat does not disturb me,but I'll get to open couple of
                holes++

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post

might be I'll do it some air-holes to drill the upper part of case
                  I always think that but until today the device heat does not disturb me,but I'll get to open couple of
                  holes++
                  Hi ,

do what ever you want with your X99 , if you want post some Pics

of it in X99 Thread , what about the ScreenshotSettings , did you

find them ??? they not exist in our Roms ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

do what ever you want with your X99 , if you want post some Pics

of it in X99 Thread , what about the ScreenshotSettings , did you

find them ??? they not exist in our Roms ,

greetings / gefattern

For "air-ventilation" I'll do it within a days and than take some photos and to give related Thread as well+

For Settings pages;I do not make anything,actually its not interested me,but you right there is some
                    veird things+

Comment

Still no custom rom for this box ?

Comment

Still no custom rom for this box ?
                        superceleron is very busy hopefully soon

see http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...441#post732441

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
                          Yeah he is but hope dies last . ☺

Comment

Hey just got my H96 Max (RK3399)...Been reading this thread for about a week waiting for it to arrive.
                            Spent the day getting it fully installed. Box came with the 5/25 firmware installed. I was going to leave
                            it to see how it was but I made a mistake when restoring all my APPs from my MXqPro4k which included
                            SuperSU...SuperSU wanted to resinstall itself after the restore to the H96Max. I answered to install normally
                            rather than a custom and sure enough bricked it (Was stuck at MBOX)...Luckily I had already downloaded
                            5/2 firmware and tools so I had it back running in no time. This time I restored everything EXCEPT SuperSU...
                            It's rooted already so I don't need SuperSU installed. Decided to go with standard KODI 17.6 and restored
                            my addons. Everything up and running decent and I definitely like the speed increase. Only weird thing I
                            encountered was my PBS App which was version 2.32 played really wonky on the H96Max. It finally dawned
                            on me that it may have an incompatibility with the H96 Max drivers/chipset. I used Aptioid to reinstall an older
                            version of the PBS App and found that version 2.21 from last year works well (So don't upgrade your PBS
                            App if you use this box)...

I had download a TWRP firmware from their website that said it worked with RK3399 but when I tried
                            booting with it (Using the reset method like I use for my MXqPro4k) the H96Max did not find the firmware
                            file on the SD card...So it seems it won't work with TWRP...Maybe someone knows how to backup the
                            box fully? (Not just apps and addons in Kodi)...

By and large I am happy with it...Everything played fairly well (Streaming) in Kodi...I don't d/l video files
                            so I'm not picky about high resolution and don't have the bandwidth to support it anyway...

If anybody has figured a way to completely backup H96Max (RK3399) with TWRP or anything else I would
                            appreciate a hollar here. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by motox22a View Post
                              Hey just got my H96 Max (RK3399)...Been reading this thread for about a week waiting for it to arrive.
                              Spent the day getting it fully installed. Box came with the 5/25 firmware installed. I was going to leave
                              it to see how it was but I made a mistake when restoring all my APPs from my MXqPro4k which included
                              SuperSU...SuperSU wanted to resinstall itself after the restore to the H96Max. I answered to install normally
                              rather than a custom and sure enough bricked it (Was stuck at MBOX)...Luckily I had already downloaded
                              5/2 firmware and tools so I had it back running in no time. This time I restored everything EXCEPT SuperSU...
                              It's rooted already so I don't need SuperSU installed. Decided to go with standard KODI 17.6 and restored
                              my addons. Everything up and running decent and I definitely like the speed increase. Only weird thing I
                              encountered was my PBS App which was version 2.32 played really wonky on the H96Max. It finally dawned
                              on me that it may have an incompatibility with the H96 Max drivers/chipset. I used Aptioid to reinstall an older
                              version of the PBS App and found that version 2.21 from last year works well (So don't upgrade your PBS
                              App if you use this box)...

I had download a TWRP firmware from their website that said it worked with RK3399 but when I tried
                              booting with it (Using the reset method like I use for my MXqPro4k) the H96Max did not find the firmware
                              file on the SD card...So it seems it won't work with TWRP...Maybe someone knows how to backup the
                              box fully? (Not just apps and addons in Kodi)...

By and large I am happy with it...Everything played fairly well (Streaming) in Kodi...I don't d/l video files
                              so I'm not picky about high resolution and don't have the bandwidth to support it anyway...

If anybody has figured a way to completely backup H96Max (RK3399) with TWRP or anything else I would
                              appreciate a hollar here. Thanks.
                              Hi ,

TWRP for RK3399 ??? what Fileformat has your TWRP file ??? ,

a .img file must be flashed with AndroidTool 2.35 or higher .

Dont know if RK3399 supports SDBoot for Recovery ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                              X