No announcement yet.

H96 MAX RK3399 Tv Box 4/32GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding an external FAN for this box...
    I just got done taking the H96 Max apart and putting it back together. There's zero room in this box
    for a fan. What I've decided to do is buy another AC INFINITY 120mm USB fan and sit
    this box on top of it. This fan has rubber feet on the top and bottom for spacing. I use
    this fan on my router that used to run at 80+ Centigrade...Now it runs 20C cooler (On medium setting).
    This fan has three speed settings. I did plug the fan I use on the router into the H96Max's USB port
    and it powered it fine using the stock powersupply. But as I use that port for my thumb drive and I already
    use the other port for a dongle for my mouse/keybord I will be powering the fan with a 120volt to 5volt AC adapter
    which I already have (Tested already and works). Fan is on order.
    Supposedly I read in another thread that someone who tested a before and after with a fan had a huge jump
    in their AnTuTu score with the fan. I tested (with AnTuTu) my score last night in current stock form and got around 65000...
    I'll report back when I get the fan installed and retested. Even if it doesn't make much difference it will at least
    cool this box which gets quite hot. I will drill some additional holes on the bottom of the unit to assist airflow.
    I will leave the top of the box intact for appearance sake...

Last edited by motox22a; 07-15-2018, 19:48.

Comment

Hi ,

dont know what you mean with drilling and Antenna , but if you look

on Page Nr.2 , you can see the Antenna , it is inside the Box , soldered

to PCB , glued to inside chase , not the chase self is Antenna !!!

greetings / gefattern

Comment

I'v already drilled my Box(X99 RK3399) on top 3 holes
        No any damage or lost of performance+

Comment

My bad....I reopened the box again to look...For some reason I thought the wire was soldered to that diagonal plate...The ANTENNA is actually under the paper attached to the top of the case (Where the wire is soldered. So as long as you don't break that connection or drill right there you are OK...See attached photo for info.
          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Odd View Post

What i did was this : I bought a cooling pad like this : https://www.amazon.de/dp/B073M2FJM6/..._ozhoBbYN5RP4V

Then i got me some heating conduction pads like this :

And if course i changed the chip paste to this :

The blue pads i cut them in shapes coresponding the size of the of the visible chips on the board and i "glued" them over the chips.

My box runs on the firmware released on 05.05.2018 wich you can find right here :
            https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-tv-box-2.html

I find this stock firmware the best one released so far. The box works very smoothly on it together with all the upgrades i mentioned above .

Hope this helps. Have a great day
            i bought this one today https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1pc-...852571858.html

Comment

Originally posted by JoseM View Post
              I guess any external cooling fan will do ☺

Comment

I guess any external cooling fan will do ☺
                do you i need more powerful AC/DC Adapter when using with cooling fan ? right now i'm using 5V 2A

Comment

Holy Cow!!
                  That guy was not kidding...
                  I got the fan today...I have done no/no drilling to the box yet...
                  My Antutu score with stock 7.12 firmware (5/2/18) jumped from around 65000 to 104912 (Antutu 7.10).
                  I have not done any drilling to the case yet. Only the AC Infinity Multifan S3 (120mm) has been added with
                  the H96Max(RK3399) sitting on top of the fan. Very happy with this mod thus far. Fan cost me $14.00 delivered in the U.S.
                  Will do some drilling to the bottom of the case tomorrow but I can't see that adding much additional speed as
                  the box is cool to the touch as it is now. Fan is on the medium speed setting which is what I run it on with my router.
                  My initial testing I would definitely say that heat is an issue with the box and cooling of any kind (Whether it be a fan or
                  just opening up the case with drilling) is definitely something you want to do. I'll report back final results after the drilling
                  of the bottom. I'm using a 120v to 5v adapter to power the fan instead of plugging into the H96. I will also test a different
                  power adapter with the H96 to see if that makes any difference as well.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

do you i need more powerful AC/DC Adapter when using with cooling fan ? right now i'm using 5V 2A
                    You should use the 5V/3A power adapter for this box for it requires a little more juice. I dont recommend power adapters that have an output of more than 5V and 3A for they might damage your box. Good luck, Mr_Odd.

Comment

FYI

My Device X99-RK3399 has 5V/3A PowerAdapter(EU type)
                      But some of as it seems that with 2A !!!

Comment

You should use the 5V/3A power adapter for this box for it requires a little more juice. I dont recommend power adapters that have an output of more than 5V and 3A for they might damage your box. Good luck, Mr_Odd.
                        Hi ,

for sure a 5V/3A , on my X99 the orginal 5V/2A was to weak for Gaming , always reboot ,

do you have Problems with Power ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

for sure a 5V/3A , on my X99 the orginal 5V/2A was to weak for Gaming , always reboot ,

do you have Problems with Power ???

greetings / gefattern
                          When i was using the power adapter from my other box ( H96 pro plus ) wich has 5V/2A on the h96 max rk3399 the box kept rebooting , youtube was laggy . As soon as i got me the 5V/3A power adapter things got significantly better. But with that change i also did the other improvements : changed the heating conduction paste on the processor and "glued" the patches of warmthpads on all chips from the board and set the box on top of the cooling fan.

Comment

OK...So here's my latest updates after drilling some additional holes on the bottom for increased airflow.
                            Retested with Antutu and score went up a small amount....From 104912 to 105177.

Then I changed the power supply from the stock 2A unit to a Cisco 3A unit. The stock 2A unit put out a measured 5.26v.
                            The Cisco put out 5.21v. I retested with Antutu again and got a small increase again to

So the final take for me is that the essential thing is the cooling of the box. That made a jump for me of 40000 higher in Antutu.
                            The additional cooling holes and change to 3A power supply helped very small (less than 400 but I'll take it)...

Probably you could get slightly higher performance by running a slightly higher voltage of around 6 volts and be safe with fan cooling since the
                            stock power supply is running 5.26v when measured. But I'll stay with stock voltage.

Box is now performing as was intended. The small plastic box with limited ventilation is the real issue.

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

guys what's the latest Factory Tool app version ?

Comment

guys what's the latest Factory Tool app version ?
                                Check out post #436 of this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X