H96 MAX RK3399 Tv Box 4/32GB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone,

I have just placed an order for H96 Max (4GB Ram/32GB ROM version of 2017) from Geekbuying.

If I am not mistaken, there was a firmware update for this model that came out in the first week of May 2018. If so, does anyone who have this box with the updated firmware could guide me on what kind of performance tweaks I might have to do once I get my hands on this box?

Is there anyone who bought it from the above store in the recent weeks/months? if yes, did the store provided you the box with latest firmware updated or you had to do it manually yourself?

Plus, how do i find out which WifiChip my box uses?

Will you suggest a cooling pad/fan for this box if i have to use it extensively for watching videos using usb drives or Kodi?

Lastly, is there a custom rom version available for this box post the latest firmware update of May 2018?

Sorry for too many questions, would really appreciate any leads on the above queries.

Thanks and cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by baalisoda View Post
      Hello everyone,

I have just placed an order for H96 Max (4GB Ram/32GB ROM version of 2017) from Geekbuying.

If I am not mistaken, there was a firmware update for this model that came out in the first week of May 2018. If so, does anyone who have this box with the updated firmware could guide me on what kind of performance tweaks I might have to do once I get my hands on this box?

Is there anyone who bought it from the above store in the recent weeks/months? if yes, did the store provided you the box with latest firmware updated or you had to do it manually yourself?

Plus, how do i find out which WifiChip my box uses?

Will you suggest a cooling pad/fan for this box if i have to use it extensively for watching videos using usb drives or Kodi?

Lastly, is there a custom rom version available for this box post the latest firmware update of May 2018?

Sorry for too many questions, would really appreciate any leads on the above queries.

Thanks and cheers!
      Hi ,

yes u are right there is a new Firmware availalble for this Box from May this Year , the Box u bought has installed 7.1.2 ,

if you want the latest u have to update , your Wifichip is the 9377 , and until now there is no CustomRom available .

Cooling is always good and will help to handle this Box better running ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

yes u are right there is a new Firmware availalble for this Box from May this Year , the Box u bought has installed 7.1.2 ,

if you want the latest u have to update , your Wifichip is the 9377 , and until now there is no CustomRom available .

Cooling is always good and will help to handle this Box better running ,

greetings / gefattern
        Thank you so much for the prompt response, Sir!

So if I understood your post correctly, my box has got Wifi Chip of 9377 and I will have to manually update the firmware to the latest one (that was released in may 1st week)

Thanks again for this clarification

Comment

• gefattern
          gefattern commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi , yes u are right , update to latest Version with PC , if Problems or Questions u can ask here , "Sir" not needed / greetings / gefattern

Do you guys think that one of the senior rom developers will release a custom rom for the rk3399 h96 max box with the 9377 wifi chip any time soon ? That would be so great. The stock firmware is so ugly and buggy on this box...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Odd View Post
          Do you guys think that one of the senior rom developers will release a custom rom for the rk3399 h96 max box with the 9377 wifi chip any time soon ? That would be so great. The stock firmware is so ugly and buggy on this box...
          not anytime soon

Comment

i have had this box for about 4 months - and I've noticed on a 100Mbit down speed connection that I have not been able to achieve anything faster than 27 MBit speeds (according to SPEED.NET app by Ookla) on a WIRED Ethernet connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyle View Post
              i have had this box for about 4 months - and I've noticed on a 100Mbit down speed connection that I have not been able to achieve anything faster than 27 MBit speeds (according to SPEED.NET app by Ookla) on a WIRED Ethernet connection.
              weird must be a firmware issue i guess

Comment

Hi. Would anyone know if nova launcher from google play store works with this box? I did search and it appears answer is no. I was wondering if with most recent firmware updates that maybe now Nova launcher works? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by kurt6916 View Post
                  Hi. Would anyone know if nova launcher from google play store works with this box? I did search and it appears answer is no. I was wondering if with most recent firmware updates that maybe now Nova launcher works? Thank you
                  It does not work . I am running the latest lollipop 7.1.2 firmware on this particular box and tried nova and a bunch of other cool launchers to find out that they all crash .

Comment

If you really hate the looks of the stock firmware
                    I would recommend you to try the launcher i'm curently using . I wrote about it on page 30 of this thread, post #438 : with a couple screenshots.

Comment

If you really hate the looks of the stock firmware
                      I would recommend you to try the launcher i'm curently using . I wrote about it on page 30 of this thread, post #438 : with a couple screenshots.
                      Thank you very much for reply. I really like Nova launcher because I like adding page shortcuts from browser to home screen. I will check out your launcher before I decide to purchase box

Comment

Hi guys

H96/X99 really suck!

Dont buy those Boxes

>I'v X99(check for this Box thread) so fuc..... disapponinted!

>I'v also tested(my friend's Box) H96;this box a little bit better,just a little bit

"Internet speed";both are very bad! even "Ethernet"!

"BUGS" lot of.......

DEVICES RK3399>>>>Loose time and money,as it seems that RK3399 has many issues etc.,

Note;Gearbest accepted/confirmed to pay me 30% of the value of X99 !!

Bye++

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                          Hi guys

H96/X99 really suck!

Dont buy those Boxes

>I'v X99(check for this Box thread) so fuc..... disapponinted!

>I'v also tested(my friend's Box) H96;this box a little bit better,just a little bit

"Internet speed";both are very bad! even "Ethernet"!

"BUGS" lot of.......

DEVICES RK3399>>>>Loose time and money,as it seems that RK3399 has many issues etc.,

Note;Gearbest accepted/confirmed to pay me 30% of the value of X99 !!

Bye++
                          Well, idk, i have the H96 Max rk3399 Rockchip Android TV box and i have to say, the only thing that i really dont like about it its the look and feel . If Nova launcher would work on it , it would be a very cool device . I did make a small improvements to it though, like smearing a better cooling paste on the processor and also adding small warm pads for cooling on every visible chip . Now the box is running very smoothly. Another thing that does bother me a little is that sometimes when i watch a movie ( and it really doesnt matter if i play the movie via KODI or FTMC or plain old MX Player ) the picture goes away for like two seconds like the Hdmi had been plugged off and on for those two seconds but it might just be because of the HDMI cable for all i know. . .

Comment

Well, idk, i have the H96 Max rk3399 Rockchip Android TV box and i have to say, the only thing that i really dont like about it its the look and feel . If Nova launcher would work on it , it would be a very cool device . I did make a small improvements to it though, like smearing a better cooling paste on the processor and also adding small warm pads for cooling on every visible chip . Now the box is running very smoothly. Another thing that does bother me a little is that sometimes when i watch a movie ( and it really doesnt matter if i play the movie via KODI or FTMC or plain old MX Player ) the picture goes away for like two seconds like the Hdmi had been plugged off and on for those two seconds but it might just be because of the HDMI cable for all i know. . .
                            Have you tried Microsoft launche ? I just read a post from a review of this box on a different site and someone says it works? Looks similar to nova

Comment

Have you tried Microsoft launche ? I just read a post from a review of this box on a different site and someone says it works? Looks similar to nova
                              Yes i tried it and that one also works flawlessly.

Comment

Working...
                              X