X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was forced to break
    one of the two circles (

Comment

This box is a piece of shit! At least the software is! If you don't plan in using it just to play heavy android games, then its not worth it! Even to play android games on this thing, you will probably get really frustrated, because of the many problems, bugs and etc that the stock rom has! And the updates coming from alfawise to this box are a complete joke! I'll never buy another product from alfawise in my life, what they make are indeed low quality chinese shit! Just like what most people think from products that are made in china are!

Luckily, I've sold this box in site like **** here in my country! I've even got profit over it!

If i ever buy another android box in my life, i'll choose one with properly hardware, and software support! Like the mi box and others running real android tv os, and not a low quality shit like what the h96 max is, that uses android os, which is made for smartphones and tablets with a bunch of shit made kludges in the software to try and make shit somewhat work! But it doesn't!

Comment

Originally posted by xShARkx View Post
        This box is a piece of shit! At least the software is! If you don't plan in using it just to play heavy android games, then its not worth it! Even to play android games on this thing, you will probably get really frustrated, because of the many problems, bugs and etc that the stock rom has! And the updates coming from alfawise to this box are a complete joke! I'll never buy another product from alfawise in my life, what they make are indeed low quality chinese shit! Just like what most people think from products that are made in china are!

Luckily, I've sold this box in site like **** here in my country! I've even got profit over it!

If i ever buy another android box in my life, i'll choose one with properly hardware, and software support! Like the mi box and others running real android tv os, and not a low quality shit like what the h96 max is, that uses android os, which is made for smartphones and tablets with a bunch of shit made kludges in the software to try and make shit somewhat work! But it doesn't!
        I have to agree ..what a disappointment this thing has been.
        The high benchmark score is the only thing this box has going for it. If it weren't for SC 7.1 rom the box would be pretty much a paper weight.

I have a 2015 Shield and it's in a whole different category to this box. Everything on it pretty much just works right out of the box. I highly recommend it every time it's on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by xShARkx View Post

Have mine working great, handles everything I throw at it. Kodi, Terrarium, Showbox, various games. It did take some tweaking to get the box to my liking. Main issue was overheating, solved that with an Eluteng 120mm USB fan underneath. Runs cool as a cucumber now. I've also heard great things about the Shield, but I'm certainly not disappointed with the H96 Max.

Comment

Originally posted by @curious1 View Post

Have mine working great, handles everything I throw at it. Kodi, Terrarium, Showbox, various games. It did take some tweaking to get the box to my liking. Main issue was overheating, solved that with an Eluteng 120mm USB fan underneath. Runs cool as a cucumber now. I've also heard great things about the Shield, but I'm certainly not disappointed with the H96 Max.
            install Dolphin (gamecube / WII emulator) or ppsspp emulators or try a 4k 60fps sample and see if you still feel the same
            it also doesn't support youtube 4k or Netflix 4k without a custom rom, hell even the remote is broken on the default software (open Chrome / highlight a link, hit the center button and nothing happens)

Comment

Originally posted by catalin0231 View Post
              not worck pliss add a photo
              Hi ,

if your Box is stock at Bootloop , you can try to reach Recovery and wipe all "cache" & and maybe "data" too ,

but i think this shall not work , u must flash your H96Max new .

good luck / greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi All,

I recently purchased H96 Max box and it was working great initially and all of a sudden one day it rebooted and stayed on reboot loop on 'h96 max' screen. It has been a week and I have not been able to get it to work again. It just stays on that bootloop on 'H96 max' screen.

I have tried to clear cache and data from recovery mode, still stays on bootloop. Got it from banggood, and their support staff provided me a link for a ROM from Jul 17, 2017 which I successfully have flashed using different factory tools such as v1.41, v1.42, v1.43 and v1.45. and it just stays on bootloop.

Flashed it with October 16, 2017, December 11, 2017 and Jan or Feb's (rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_P_A_E_1.5M648M_ear_180102.i mg) 2018 FWs and all of them stay on bootloop. The only exception was that using the latest 2018 FW instead of showing h96 screen, it showed MBOX logo and rebooted and stayed on bootloop with mBOX logo. I also flashed it using SCV ROMs, both Marshmallow one and the Nougat one, and both stay on Bootloop.

In every case, with each of the above mentioned FWs, when it is on bootloop, the blue led light of the box keeps flashing slowly.

The box comes with blue chip.

I have tried to power it using higher Amp adapter but still on reboot loop.

One more thing, the original 5v 2a adapter only gives red light from the back of the box from the SPDIF port and no stable or flashing blue light. Maybe it is giving less power...

I have to use USB port of my Samsung mobile 5V 2A charger and it stays on flashing Blue light with the box stuck on bootloop. I have tried another mobile charger with 5V 4A, and it is still the same, stuck on bootloop with blue light flashing slowly and h96 screen.

When connecting through USB ports to my charger for powering up the device, I connect it to USB 2.0 port on the h96 box and not to USB 3.0 port, cuz I think USB 3.0 port may get higher Voltage from charger and the device may get burned? Am I right in thinking that?

Any suggestions on how this can be fixed?

All the help will be appreciated immensely!!

Comment

This box is realy picky about Voltage. make sure you give it enough. seems like everything under 5v is not enough. i did a small test on mine, it started rebooting irregular on 4.85v, and bootloop at 4.75v. i bought a 5v 8A from **** pretty cheaply, around $10 ment for led strips, turns out this gives 5.35v after i got that no more random reboots. (yes i know 8A is WAAAAY to much for this box needs, but its cheap and works perfect)
                  The included power supply is REALY shitty quality, i opened mine and found all the capacitors are the cheapest brand known, 2 of them where blown. i could not been bothered to solder inn new caps.
                  Here is the link to the one i bought: https://www.****.com/itm/AC110-220V-...72.m2749.l2649

Comment

I have had the same issue with my H96 Max. I will try the power supply too.

Comment

Originally posted by rizkayani89 View Post
                      Hi All,

I recently purchased H96 Max box and it was working great initially and all of a sudden one day it rebooted and stayed on reboot loop on 'h96 max' screen. It has been a week and I have not been able to get it to work again. It just stays on that bootloop on 'H96 max' screen.

I have tried to clear cache and data from recovery mode, still stays on bootloop. Got it from banggood, and their support staff provided me a link for a ROM from Jul 17, 2017 which I successfully have flashed using different factory tools such as v1.41, v1.42, v1.43 and v1.45. and it just stays on bootloop.

Flashed it with October 16, 2017, December 11, 2017 and Jan or Feb's (rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_P_A_E_1.5M648M_ear_180102.i mg) 2018 FWs and all of them stay on bootloop. The only exception was that using the latest 2018 FW instead of showing h96 screen, it showed MBOX logo and rebooted and stayed on bootloop with mBOX logo. I also flashed it using SCV ROMs, both Marshmallow one and the Nougat one, and both stay on Bootloop.

In every case, with each of the above mentioned FWs, when it is on bootloop, the blue led light of the box keeps flashing slowly.

The box comes with blue chip.
                      '

Yeah, same with me......

I just flashed mine with this "new" factory firmware (rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_P_A_E_1.5M648M_ear_180102.i mg) using the flashtool - which indicated successful flash procedure - but it's just stuck on H96.

Cleared cache in recovery, etc.... this image just doesn't work.....should not have been released.

Will have to roll back to something else....

Comment

Update:

I did roll back to an earlier image, however I then used a newer flashtool to re-install rk3399_7.1_new_H96max_P_A_E_1.5M648M_ear_180102.i mg .......and it worked.... thanks, pravdeepvizz and xShARkx...

Find the newer version 1.45 flashtool in this thread....

Comment

Hey SuperCeleron! I'm happy to see you've released a ROM for this Box!

I finally bought this H96 MAX box and it's quite a bit more powerful than my old H96 Pro PLUS.

However, I see similarities with the H96 Pro PLUs regarding certain issues: Dark Screen during Video playback on APPS like NETFLIX -BOX FIX.apk won't install on my box using your New SCV1 ROM . Terrarium and YouTube seem to be running ok.

Any fixes for the video coming in your next ROM release for thisH96 MAX (RK3399) box? - I noticed this one has the same DARK SCREEN issue as my H96 PRO PLUS box, even with your ROM "SCV1 BETA". Also, I noticed the ROM has 3 different SETTINGS screens, where only 1 affects the box SLEEP MODE for turning off.

I'm hoping you release an update soon! Thanks!
                          Last edited by Wyle; 03-22-2018, 03:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Guilkwe View Post
                            I do not recommend any of these square boxes, the cooling of them is lousy! I recommend buying one that is of good quality and cooling so do not get headaches!
                            http://www.geekbuying.com/item/R-TV-...OX-376285.html
                            I don't know if I will ever do business with GeekBuying ever again - I ordered the H96 MAX 4G/32G and paid $20 extra for the DHL 3-Day Delivery service from China and you wouldn't believe the issues I've had.

Let's put it this way - After I made an account with them, Filled out all MY ADDRESS info.... What did they put on the Shipping label? Just MY Name and the NAME of my Company - NO STREET ADDRESS, NO City or STATE and NO ZIP CODE.

I'm lucky to have included my PHONE Number on the order. The Driver CALLED ME after he went to a DIFFERENT TOWN with a similar company name trying to locate me.

If I could I'll include a photo of SHIPPING LABEL... I can't believe a big place like GEEK BUYING would not put an address on a label... Especially on an order for INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING! (and charge $20 EXTRA, Too!)

Oh, and the 3 Day shipping.... They took about 4 days just to ship it out. I got it about 10 days after I made payment. I might as well have opted for the FREE shipping!

I may have saved $20 compared to buying it from an E-bay seller but at least those shipments were insured by the seller - I had to pay for insurance on Geek Buy. Plus, I've never had shipping labels on E-bay shipments missing my ADDRESS info like this. Buy from them and take your chances! Make sure you at least pay for the shipping Insurance!

Comment

I have a H96 max with stock Android 6.0.1 firmware dated 20170525, and I have a few problems i'd like to sort out on it if anyone has advise how to remedy.

The 3 main problems are...

Any app that has accessibility services, like for example Tasker, will not show their accessibility services in Settings > Accessibility. It just says No services installed. So for Tasker, I cannot enable the Accessibility Service for it.

Next is Daydream. It doesnt work. And I dont mean the WHEN TO DAYDREAM etc that others dont know about, I mean if I go to Settings > Display > Daydream, I have a choice of Clock, or Photo Frame etc...but it does not matter which I select, my selection is not remembered... If I select Clock, the radio button shows I have selected it...if I go to the overflow (three dots) and select Daydream NOW, nothing happens.

Also, if I select Clock, and then back out just to Display, and go back into Daydream immediately, whichever daydream I selected, is unselected. Or better put, no daydream in there is selected, and it does not matter which one I choose, if I back out and go in there immediately, none are selected...if I select one of them and hit the COG beside it, I do get the settings for that daydream, but if I select one and try to preview the daydream NOW, nothing happens.

I am wondering if its a permission problem. I went into Settings > Apps and then the COG to check permissions, and the one I am checking out is Allow to Modify System Settings...for other apps, I am able to toggle that either on or off...but for Basic Daydream it is off and I cannot enable it, if I click on the slide button it just highlights grey and stays off.

I am wondering if it needs that permission... or if any of its files have the wrong permissions, I think the folders in System/Apps are all 755, and the files are all 644 (if I remember correctly), and their owner are all 0 (root)

Another thing I am trying to get sorted is, Print Services...dont have the option in Settings, but if I put PrintSpooler in /system/apps, and I add a line of text (off the top of my head) something like "<permission>"com.android.print" into box-core.xml file in the /system/etc/permissions folder...the box-core-something.xml file already existed there, could have been handheld-core-something.xml, but just having the printspooler didnt show Print Services in settings, but adding that permission made it show up in settings.

But settings force closes when I go into print services, prob need a library file, if so where from?

Anybody out there have solutions to these probs?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Hello, I'm Brazilian and I do not understand English but I'll try to communicate with you through google translator. I hope you can understand me and help me because I am desperate
                                I bought a H96 max in the gearbest, apparently it arrived good but it gave a few brakes and it did not return more, only withdrawing of the outlet, in one of those withdrawals of the taking it remained in the looping and does not leave the screen of initialization. I try to start it by the reset button, it takes a lot longer than normal but it starts anyway, but it starts with a message in the corner written "Supported API 3" I try to reset it from the factory, it takes a lot, almost 1h and when it finishes nothing happens and it continues in the looping. I already tried to connect in the pc I installed the drivers but even so, nothing appears when I connect to the pc.
                                did you get it? (Google translate Portugues to English)

Comment

Working...
                                X