Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL M8S Pro + TV Box Amlogic S905X Android 7.1 2/16GB Fast Lan, WiFi 802.11b/g/n

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need for youtube 4 k if you dont need youtube 4 k then use others
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
      Need for youtube 4 k if you dont need youtube 4 k then use others
      Thank you scooter2014

Comment

Don't know about 4k YouTube, but 2k (2160p) is perfectly possible with the non-ATV YouTube app on my adapted Megandanz rom. Don't see why it wouldn't do full 4k if my monitor supported that.

Comment

Just tested a YouTube video on my year old X9 (Amlogic S905x) and it is showing 3840x2160 /60p on my Samsung 4K TV. I am running SuperCeleron's [ROM] Mini M8S II/ Mini MX3 II and Others SCV1A-ATV (Android TV).

MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by Medosofts View Post

Thank you for your help, I will try to re-read the post from the beginning, but I have a question about L1 DRM, what is the disadvantage of losing this L1 DRM . Thank you ag
            ain for your help.
            You will lose Netflix 720p if you do!
            youtube 4k as nothing to do with L1

Comment

Is anyone getting Netflix 720p right now on the stock rom with Level 1? I didn't, for sure, only 720x480, which is what I get now.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

You will lose Netflix 720p if you do!
                youtube 4k as nothing to do with L1
                That is interesting, I will test Netflix when I receive my box. I don't know how it is done, but they have created a Netflix port for the LibreELEC OS that runs 720P, and I am using it now.
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Well i did test on the S905D rom(is the same as this one....) and it is working 720p, this tested in the US flix with the flix test paterns so i know it was 720p!
                  But i cant vouch for this one... since i dont have here to test, im only telling what i did see on another mecool device that uses the exacly same sdk(ye 1 sdk can be used for 3 different chips s905x s905d and s912)

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron
                    Well i did test on the S905D rom(is the same as this one....) and it is working 720p, this tested in the US flix with the flix test paterns so i know it was 720p!
                    But i cant vouch for this one... since i dont have here to test, im only telling what i did see on another mecool device that uses the exacly same sdk(ye 1 sdk can be used for 3 different chips s905x s905d and s912)
                    I await your 'perfect' rom for this Donkey..

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Comment

Quick tip for anyone installing the Magendanz ATV rom: to avoid a (minor) error with USB Burning Tool, press "Start" BEFORE connecting via USB.

Comment

Hopefully we get a ATV rom that keeps Widevine Level 1 intact!!! With so many S905x devices released I cannot believe how bad this stock ROM is..

Comment

At 31 dollars i wasnt expecting much lol
                          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                            At 31 dollars i wasnt expecting much lol
                            Thats after the voucher I paid same price. However normal price is between $40 and $50 ..I have see twenty something dollar devices with better performance...lol...Once again Freaktab Devs save another generic device...

Comment

Yes every device most crap firmware if not for all the freaktab devs all would be useless...

Comment

I bought this box whilst it was on offer for use as a bedroom tv kodi box for my son (mostly just media playback of my own stuff from a NAS) I noticed the pre-install media player is based on Kodi 17.1 (has a different name) - does anyone know if it's their own special/tweaked version of Kodi (to take advantage of some amlogic/box feature) or can I update it to stock Kodi 17.3 without losing any special functionality?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X