Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!
    Where can I find the download page in order to manually check the latest builds?

Comment

Originally posted by dkoek View Post
      look for this thread*M8S Pro USB IMG M8S_PRO-NMF26Q-20170524.163713.V0321.img

That is the original stock rom for the M8s pro with S912.
      Thank You. i am testing now.

Comment

Originally posted by atchoum View Post

Thank You. i am testing now.
        I tested but it's no working.

Please help me.

you are a tutorial.

Comment

@ Magendanz....I've just ordered the box. is it possible to activate bleutooth in the custom rom so i can work with an usb dongle (adapter)...?

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            It might be possible, but we're still trying to figure out if we should enable the Bluetooth features in the OS just in case you insert a dongle. It could generate a lot of support traffic.

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
          Might be time to consider using Mask ROM mode to reset the eMMC. Do we know the pins to short on this board?
          Thanks Magendanz for the pointer, managed to find the pins to short on the board through trial and error!

Have reflashed with stock and managed to root it.

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            If you can, please document the pins you shorted so that the next person has an easier time finding them.

Having tried to flash the ROM via OTA update and even the image using USB burning tool I can conform this ROM does not work on the Mecool KM8 P s912 even though they share the same board.

I would have dearly loved to have the Android TV launcher. Is there any way you could compile a ROM to test Magendanz?

All the stock roms and TWRP are on the following page:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Taken from http://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/ind...07465-440.html

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            You could try swapping out this system image in the latest KM8 P burn package using Amlogic Customization tool. Just click the Replace Uboot/Kernel option (level 1 unpack) for both .img files, swap the tmp/level1/system.PARTITION, and repack.

Will try that but looks mighty complicated for a newbie

Comment

Guest commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, I understand. However, I'm hard pressed to do much without the hardware.

I own the Mecool M8s Pro S912. When I connect the device to the TV, the toothpick trick does let it go into recovery.
          When I try to do the same thing on my PC with the USB Burning tool....nothing happens.
          It look likes the device isn't recognised at all. Tried everything.

Is there another way to change recovery and get root access ?

Comment

When I try to do the same thing on my PC with the USB Burning tool....nothing happens.
            Sounds like you have a bad cable. If boot to recovery works, the bootloader is probably still intact.

Is there another way to change recovery and get root access ?
            Just use the Update app to install this signed TWRP recovery.

Comment

Ok, received my M8S PRO yesterday, going to use the Burn Package, but can't find the reset hole???
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                It's a pinhole on the bottom, centered on front edge. You'll need a paperclip.

Magendanz, that is what I thought, but can't get a paper clip into the hole. Even tried a very, very thin needle, but will not go into the hole, guess I will have to open the case and take a look.......
              Thanks for confirming I am looking at the correct hole.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I opened it up, but unfortunately, the reset button is defective, it will not be depressed........

Comment

No, I disassembled the box and removed the mother board, the switch is there, but not sure how to say it, appears to be stuck in. But if it was stuck in, then it would not boot, I am thinking. The back side where the switch is soldered, is very congested with very tiny solder joints, making it almost impossible for me to replace the switch.

Comment

It is the 3/16 gig box, and my plan was to dual boot into Linux, but without a working reset button, that will not be possible. So, now I will have to decide to install your awesome, mod or leave it as it is for possible OTA updates......... Once I go to your mod, I guess I will be stuck, unless I can install Ubuntu from TWRP, that I believe you have included into your ROM.

Comment

Well, using the OTA updates you can revert to OEM stock or install new custom ROM releases. You just need to enter TWRP recovery by typing "reboot recovery" in the Terminal app. No reset switch needed. Also, you should be able to flash full Amlogic burn packages (img files) from SD card with Bootcardmaker.

Comment

Working...
                    X