Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supashaka View Post

Good to know for the future, but I guess I'll stick with 32bit for now for better compatibility as x92 described.

Next question: My tv is 50Hz, but it seems to be running fine even though in the Android settings it's set at 1080p 60Hz. Should I change it to 50? Will it give a less pixelated picture etc?

Find out what the native image processing is on your TV. Then set the box up for the same.

If your TV can only do 4:2:2 pull down, then that needs to be set as well.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

Find out what the native image processing is on your TV. Then set the box up for the same.

If your TV can only do 4:2:2 pull down, then that needs to be set as well.

I don't know what that means? How do I find it? When I press the info button it says chroma format:4:4:4
      I tried changing the android settings to 1080p 50Hz but it seemed less smooth (movement was jerky). I remember reading in another forum that all 50Hz tv's can also do 60Hz tv's so it seems like maybe that's true (since it seems to be smoother when set to default 60Hz)?

Comment

I don't know what that means? How do I find it? When I press the info button it says chroma format:4:4:4
        I tried changing the android settings to 1080p 50Hz but it seemed less smooth (movement was jerky). I remember reading in another forum that all 50Hz tv's can also do 60Hz tv's so it seems like maybe that's true (since it seems to be smoother when set to default 60Hz)?

OK, it seems odd that 50Hz native is jerky with 50Hz content. Though it may be from the sources you are watching.

Going backwards... since my TV is 60Hz and do watch a number of 25Hz/50Hz content, there is some noticeable frame jerky when panning, though it's is how the source was encoded. Some streaming sites don't care and push sources at the best bit rate to conform to limiting band with and less buffering issues.

Most of the time setting the TV box to the TV's native processing, will be best. But, not in all cases. Such as mixing frame rates.

One way to compensate if ones TV cannot cope with direct processing of frame rate differences, is to allow automatic best video detection on the box. I have it disabled on my box, as I find it very annoying when the signal changes from various formats. As my TV blanks the screen for 1 second, and displays picture format info and clock for 10 seconds.

As for TV default chroma is 4:4:4 then the box needs no adjustment as it defaults to 4:4:4

If you can live with 60Hz, then go ahead and set it to that... It may be that the TV's processor has 60Hz processing internally. Don't know, but chips are chips, the only difference is the model of TV they are in. So it may be doing 60Hz at processing at the display level even though the input signal is 50hz.

Digital signals are not required to sync with wall plug power, like analog. So any noise from your 220v 50Hz power, will not effect the display, or I should say should not effect the display.

Technically sync and frame rate standards are carry over from how old analog tube required the sync to use the AC power for control, so each frame will sync perfectly without having to introduce an extra signal for frame control.

All digital circuits can be set equally and playback various frame rates without limiting the processing to be set around old standards. New TVs have 120Hz and 240Hz processing. Though they use a multiplier to sync with the old standard of 60Hz, or 50Hz. The faster the processing the less critical on how close the sync needs to be to the frame rate, as the frame rate will be set by the video standard not the TV display output sync. Eventually once processing can be done at the 500Hz level there will not be any required matching between decoding of frame rate, as the formate decode will have redundant frames being dropped by processing. Thus smoother transitions even though improperly matched between the source.

Anywho, long story short, the reason why 60Hz seems better for you for the TV being used. Not everyone can have that, but probably is a nice hidden feature that may be better for you in the long run.

Comment

OK, it seems odd that 50Hz native is jerky with 50Hz content. Though it may be from the sources you are watching.
          Anywho, long story short, the reason why 60Hz seems better for you for the TV being used. Not everyone can have that, but probably is a nice hidden feature that may be better for you in the long run.
          I found where I read about it:
          'When you input 60Hz, the panel will operate at 60Hz.The problem in Europe is the confusion between the AC frequency and the input format. The old PAL format adds to further confusion. Anyway, virtually all TVs manufactured since the late 90s are capable of displaying 50 and 60Hz (as well as 24Hz via HDMI).

So according to this even my PS4 can run 60fps on my 50Hz tv where the games run at that speed??

Comment

I found where I read about it:
            'When you input 60Hz, the panel will operate at 60Hz.The problem in Europe is the confusion between the AC frequency and the input format. The old PAL format adds to further confusion. Anyway, virtually all TVs manufactured since the late 90s are capable of displaying 50 and 60Hz (as well as 24Hz via HDMI).
            https://www.avforums.com/threads/50h...60fps.1042459/

So according to this even my PS4 can run 60fps on my 50Hz tv where the games run at that speed??
            Great to hear... I just did not think EU or UK TVs carried over a universal allowance for both 60 and 50Hz, as early as late 90s. I would think within the last 10 years on better quality TVs.

I have the opposite, the manufacturer of my TV does not state cross compatibility between US and EU video standards. Though analog inputs would be limited to NTSC, but no reference to digital having 25hz/50hz compatibility, and my TV was made in 2007. Yet, I discovered with playing around with my PC using the HDMI/DVI input, that all the invalid formats on the other 2 HDMI inputs have troubles with, fully work on the DVI/HDMI PC input, right down to 576 50Hz. Totally undocumented both on service manual and user manual.

Comment

Great to hear... I just did not think EU or UK TVs carried over a universal allowance for both 60 and 50Hz, as early as late 90s. I would think within the last 10 years on better quality TVs.
              1 other problem in Terrarium, if the video buffers, or I have to pause it, after resuming the sound is gone for around 2-3 seconds. Is that normal?

Comment

1 other problem in Terrarium, if the video buffers, or I have to pause it, after resuming the sound is gone for around 2-3 seconds. Is that normal?
                Not for me... Every once and a while, depending on server... openload for example, has one small half second buffer, and that's it. All other streams usually goes just fine without a hitch.

It may be your video player. I use MX Player Pro with straight HDMI out. Sometimes software decode on some video streams. Usually hardware. I stay away from Hardware +.

I also use wired LAN masked as wifi, so no apps complain about connections.

Also I hear some get throttled streams on their plan, so test to make sure your download speeds are solidly pegged at highest rate, without any slopes. My speeds are pretty flat and hit hard, very little ramp up. I just downloaded a terrarium movie over 2.2gb at 10MB/s which is just a wee bit slower than my max at 120mbps download speed.

Comment

Not for me... Every once and a while, depending on server... openload for example, has one small half second buffer, and that's it. All other streams usually goes just fine without a hitch.

It may be your video player. I use MX Player Pro with straight HDMI out. Sometimes software decode on some video streams. Usually hardware. I stay away from Hardware +.

I also use wired LAN masked as wifi, so no apps complain about connections.

Also I hear some get throttled streams on their plan, so test to make sure your download speeds are solidly pegged at highest rate, without any slopes. My speeds are pretty flat and hit hard, very little ramp up. I just downloaded a terrarium movie over 2.2gb at 10MB/s which is just a wee bit slower than my max at 120mbps download speed.
                  I actually meant the sound disappearing for 3 seconds every time it resumes? Also what is hardware+?

Comment

I actually meant the sound disappearing for 3 seconds every time it resumes? Also what is hardware+?
                    MX player has it in the settings. On some hardware it will use hardware decoding instead of software. Meanning, it will use less processing power to decode a movie.

Comment

I'm new to these boxes and I hope someone can help me. I really wanted to use this rom in my Vorke Z1. So I decided to test and did the installation. But now the box does not recognize the wifi and the RJ45 port. Is there any way to fix the problem or any rom similar to this one to use in my box?

*sorry for my English.

Comment

Originally posted by Maelson View Post
                        I'm new to these boxes and I hope someone can help me. I really wanted to use this rom in my Vorke Z1. So I decided to test and did the installation. But now the box does not recognize the wifi and the RJ45 port. Is there any way to fix the problem or any rom similar to this one to use in my box?

*sorry for my English.
                        http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...android-tv-7-1
                        http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showt...ost&p=71080320
                        Last edited by lyubodelev; 08-23-2018, 22:15.

Comment

Many thanks supermal and lyubodelev for providing me with support and having fed my hope on my device. I spent two weeks without it, but already 3 days I'm with it works at full steam!

Note: I uploaded the Vimeo platform because at the time of posting the video you had some supported platforms including Vimeo, but for me it appears Plugin not supported. I'll post later on YouTube.:

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post
                            Many thanks supermal and lyubodelev for providing me with support and having fed my hope on my device. I spent two weeks without it, but already 3 days I'm with it works at full steam!

Note: I uploaded the Vimeo platform because at the time of posting the video you had some supported platforms including Vimeo, but for me it appears Plugin not supported. I'll post later on YouTube.:
                            Tell how you recover your device!

Comment

So in the video there is process. I basically tested it on another Notebook, I used a cable cut in the way you suggested. As incredible as it sounds, at first it gave 3 errors (different) I removed the USB and Power cables and put it back and it was first. Unfortunately I could not record the beginning of the process. At first he gave the process a few times but it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by Novato View Post
                                So in the video there is process. I basically tested it on another Notebook, I used a cable cut in the way you suggested. As incredible as it sounds, at first it gave 3 errors (different) I removed the USB and Power cables and put it back and it was first. Unfortunately I could not record the beginning of the process. At first he gave the process a few times but it worked.
                                So it really works!

Comment

Working...
                                X