Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    Which device? In the OEM build.prop, does ro.product.board=p21x? Or is it p212?
    Just copied the file off and it says P212...

Comment

I went from stock 7.1.1 to atv rom. Cast does not work at all with youtube etc. Should i flash again. Thanks did update using ota local file

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 7041X using Tapatalk

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        We've found that Google Cast only works in very rare cases, like when casting from YouTube in the Chrome browser. In all other scenarios, it seems to fail to get a valid Cast device cert through ClientAuthSigner. This has been a longstanding issue.

i bought this box with the promo code given here in the forum for just 28€.
      you Magendanz have made this box awesome.
      i'd like to donate to you 10€; the amount i saved using the promo code

what is your paypal account?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! My PayPal account is my first name (Chad) at my last name (Magendanz) .com. :-)

donation sent.
      you deserve more.
      i hope more people join in and show their appreciation.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you, sir! It's much appreciated!

Donated. Well worth it.

Comment

-_-
        Last edited by tillaz87; 08-01-2017, 02:24.

Comment

Seemed OK to me.

Comment

_-_
            Last edited by tillaz87; 08-01-2017, 02:24.

Comment

Again I will say this is great job. I have made donation for your paypal. Hope you will make next upadte for our mecool box.

Comment

Originally posted by tillaz87 View Post

Could you try this video as its easy to notice in this because of fast movement
                Game: TrackMania 2: ValleyTook over 16 hours to render this video :3Original Uncompressed Video:http://www.mediafire.com/download/hady5gc68aqaa8j/Video.webm

I believe its the second result when searching "60 fps video" in leanback youtube, its almost like a split second pause every so often

Make sure quality is set to 1080p 60 <-- as this is only where the problem is seen on my device
                Seems OK, difficult to say 100% as so much movement. I found a Forza one that looked real smooth no noticeable pauses.

Comment

Does this device and ROM support automatic refresh rate switching?
                  Does it support HDR?

Thank you so much for all your work!

Comment

Originally posted by longnt View Post
                    Like Magendanz said, there is incompatiable between p21x and p212 board, you must find Nougat build of p212 first. I already point to U2+ 905x firmware thread that make all p212 boards can run on Nougat build. After that you can mix bootloader, kernel, dtb from p212 boards with system from this p21x rom to make your p212 run Android TV 7.1.1 like me. If you want to know how to do, here is the guide:
                    To save you some effort, I've pre-packaged everything that longnt discusses here into one .img file:

So, I've just repackaged this system build with the U2+ Nougat kernel. I've added my latest TWRP recovery for p212 (using the U2+ recovery kernel) and eliminated the MAC keys that required licenses. Note that this system build hasn't yet been customized for p212. Specifically,

- Bluetooth is still disabled (because the M8S PRO+ doesn't have it)
                    - Key maps for remote controls need to be updated in the device tree
                    - Wireless drivers need to be updated
                    - Widevine L1 libs need to be swapped for L3 versions

All that will be forthcoming in a custom ROM for the p212, but this should give folks a head start if they want to live on the bleeding edge.
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-01-2017, 02:58.

Comment

Hello.

To install the rom, we just insert the rom from the first post to the manual OTA selection? No connection with the pc?

Comment

Which ROM? The one in the original post? Or the one in the post just above yours?

The ROM in the original POST is an OTA update, which you can install from the UPDATE app or TWRP. The one above is an Amlogic burn package (.img file), which will need to be flashed from a PC with Amlogic USB Burning Tool (with a USB male-to-male Type A cable) or Bootcardmaker. The second ROM needs to be a burn package because it needs to repartition the main eMMC storage.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                          Which ROM? The one in the original post? Or the one in the post just above yours?

The ROM in the original POST is an OTA update, which you can install from the UPDATE app or TWRP. The one above is an Amlogic burn package (.img file), which will need to be flashed from a PC with Amlogic USB Burning Tool (with a USB male-to-male Type A cable) or Bootcardmaker. The second ROM needs to be a burn package because it needs to repartition the main eMMC storage.

I was asking about the first one (OTA). I prefer this one since it is easier to install.
                          Thanks for the prompt reply and for your amazing work.

Comment

Working...
                          X