Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice dual boot and libreelec frame switching is working... very happy user.

Comment

this box is always on todays topics, it's is still good to buy it? i don't have much money to spend on, i'm in doubt about this and the x96 mini TV and the Tanix one...

Comment

Originally posted by Bornello View Post
        Hi,
        Currently not as important as is works the way I need it right now.
        In regards to your question:
        Neither the box , nor the remote have a mic.
        I am using the Android TV remote app which transports the voice from my phone to the box. I am barely using the real remote due to this
        It's possible to use the Android TV remote app on Nano or Stock?
        I want to use the mic option from the app but I don't know if it's possible on other variants of ROM

Comment

Originally posted by wagnerei View Post
          this box is always on todays topics, it's is still good to buy it? i don't have much money to spend on, i'm in doubt about this and the x96 mini TV and the Tanix one...
          I would say yes
          But if you choose this exact model (Pro+) you might get a box with the faulty chip and you won't be able to use a custom ROM (depending where you buy it)
          There other versions of this box that for me really worth the money

So far I really really my M8S Pro+ with nano ROM from @Magendanz

Comment

Originally posted by theodor View Post

Problem solved,faulty sd card...
            Glad you got it working. If you installed it on internal memory would you lose Widevine L1?

Comment

For me sdcard is fine to boot from,its fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Bllq21

It's possible to use the Android TV remote app on Nano or Stock?
                I want to use the mic option from the app but I don't know if it's possible on other variants of ROM
                Hi,
                Haven't tried any other rom than the TV one, but as far as I remember the android TV remote service is not incouded in other versions.
                You could use centusplay as alternative which I is pretty decent but it does not feature a mic.
                Maybe you could also sideload the android TV remote server app on the other ROMs.

But why not take the TV rom? Any particular reason? I would be happy to hear about it as I am still quite new and maybe I am missing something
                Cheers,
                Bornello

Comment

Originally posted by Bllq21 View Post

I would say yes
                  But if you choose this exact model (Pro+) you might get a box with the faulty chip and you won't be able to use a custom ROM (depending where you buy it)
                  There other versions of this box that for me really worth the money

So far I really really my M8S Pro+ with nano ROM from @Magendanz
                  Gearbest no faulty chip, atleast mine does not have a faulty chip.

Comment

I have flashed this rom but want to go back to the stock Mecool rom.
                    How can I achieve that? I went into TWRP and did a wipe, after that I tried to install the ZIP (20171128.111200.V0928) but now it's stuck at the Nexus screen.
                    Nothing happens...

I do a short on the PCB to get back into TWRP but when flashing the ZIP again I get an error:
                    This package is for "M8S_PRO_PLUS" devices; this is a "p21x".

Also tried to make a bootable SD with the burn package and the BootcardMaker v2.0.0.2.
                    Afterwards I put the sd into the M8S Pro+ and power it on. Stuck on Nexus screen once again.

At the moment when I try to go into recovery again I get a green Android icon with a red cross.

I'm a bit hopeless here... It doesn't look very good...
                    Last edited by Panja; 01-25-2018, 20:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Panja View Post
                      I have flashed this rom but want to go back to the stock Mecool rom.
                      How can I achieve that? I went into TWRP and did a wipe, after that I tried to install the ZIP (20171128.111200.V0928) but now it's stuck at the Nexus screen.
                      Nothing happens...

I do a short on the PCB to get back into TWRP but when flashing the ZIP again I get an error:
                      This package is for "M8S_PRO_PLUS" devices; this is a "p21x".

Also tried to make a bootable SD with the burn package and the BootcardMaker v2.0.0.2.
                      Afterwards I put the sd into the M8S Pro+ and power it on. Stuck on Nexus screen once again.

At the moment when I try to go into recovery again I get a green Android icon with a red cross.

I'm a bit hopeless here... It doesn't look very good...
                      "Afterwards I put the sd into the M8S Pro+ and power it on. Stuck on Nexus screen once again."
                      >>>> did you hold reset button during insert power ?

Comment

You're the man! Many thanks. I followed the instructions from here and the steps are:
                        1) Download Burn_Card_Maker
                        2) Extract the archive and run Burn_Card_Maker.exe file to run the tool.
                        3) Click on upper left chinese menu and choose second option, check ‘English Version’ and restart the application.
                        4) Choose disk then ‘Choose your image files.
                        5) Press ‘Make’ button and wait to finish. Now insert the micro SD card in your Amlogic device and power on.
                        You will be able to enter into recovery and the firmware will be flashed automatically.

That last sentence made me believe I did NOT need to enter recovery manually but as you pointed out correctly it was needed.
                        Though I do not have a reset button so I used a paperclip and short the PCB, but hey it worked!

How can I go back to the latest Mecool firmware now?
                        I can only find the update ZIP, no img file. Can I use the TWRP to install the ZIP and go back to Mecool stock?

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Unfortunately, the OEM releases have a bug in their update script that prevents them from installing in TWRP. Instead, use this "fixed" version: http://freaktab.org/946976b59b835dfa

Thanks!
                        I just noticed Geekbuying has an IMG update file for download:
                        Hey guys, Glad to share the firmware for MECOOL M8S PRO Plus TV Box 1GB+8GB/2GB+16GB: PC Flash Firmware SD Flash Firmware Flash guide, please refer to: https://blog.geekbuying.com/index.php/2016/02/20/android-tv-boxes-flash-tutorials-tool/ Have fun ! Dec 20, 2017 What’s your Reaction? +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 +1 0 Facebook Twitter Email

Could I use this one and use the BootcardMaker v2.0.0.2 method?

Comment

Originally posted by Bornello View Post
                        Hi,
                        Haven't tried any other rom than the TV one, but as far as I remember the android TV remote service is not incouded in other versions.
                        You could use centusplay as alternative which I is pretty decent but it does not feature a mic.
                        Maybe you could also sideload the android TV remote server app on the other ROMs.

But why not take the TV rom? Any particular reason? I would be happy to hear about it as I am still quite new and maybe I am missing something
                        Cheers,
                        Bornello
                        I used Cetus since the first version I'm even on a WhatsApp group with one of the developers but I stopped using it because it was installing apps
                        without even accepting, some weird apps and some people (on that same group) reported that some apps had virus
                        So right now I don't trust Cetus anymore

I installed Nano because I wanted to use full Play Store but I might try it later on
                        as long I don't lose Wine L1 or brake my box because it has the faulty chip

Comment

Originally posted by Panja View Post
                          Thanks!
                          I just noticed Geekbuying has an IMG update file for download:
                          http://blog.geekbuying.com/2017/12/m...date-20171220/

Could I use this one and use the BootcardMaker v2.0.0.2 method?
                          I noticed the newer one but it's an OTA zip file, right?
                          So I'll have to flash 20171124.183803.V0928.img first? And afterwards I can upgrade through update app to the 20171128 update?

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            You can flash directly to the 20171128 update from TWRP or using the burn package (.img file) with USB Burning Tool or BootcardMaker.

wrong thread
                          Last edited by jebise; 01-28-2018, 01:14.

Comment

Working...
                          X