Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 comment

#1.1
    trebor commented
    12-24-2017, 11:04
    Yes you are correct....
    Just I like to see more conformation of fault not just hearsay etc.
    Prove me wrong I learn..easy...
    Happy Holidays
    Happy Holidays one and all.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Constant improvements, bug fixes, change to updated full Leanback launcher etc. ...
      That's incredible to see that the company invests so much in updates for a very cheap box! I would be very happy if the expensive mobile phone manufacturers would do the same! :-)
      Happy holidays to you too and to everybody!

Comment

I often get pink- or blackscreen @ 4k60hz. What can i do to stable it. Sometimes it work after clean restart, powercable off and on. But next time i get the same problem again from booting deepstandby.
        I saw, that i get 4k60hz only when setup the autoswitch. Is there a way to do this strict? Maybe that help.

Comment

anyone know if you can go back to previous builds? latest build mine just suddenly stopped connecting to wifi on one of my boxes

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Since Geekbuying announced they replaced the whole batch, I wouldn't take any risks and ask for a full refund.

Hope you paid with Paypal so you can recover your cost to ship it back, because GB never gonna refund you those costs.
            Well, same story here. Received a box with faulty memm, advise Geekbuying, was asked to flash some firmware which bricked the box. Geekbuying offered partial refund , so tried the Paypal route. Was told by Paypal to send box back, and was refunded 30$ shipping. One month later, Paypal closed the case, stating that they could not track my box.Sent them again the tracking info , and they replied that the reason I gave for sending box back was not good for a refund. Lessons learned: Dont use Paypal as it give less protection than my credit card, and dont buy from Geekbuying again!.

Comment

Originally posted by DKAngel View Post
              anyone know if you can go back to previous builds? latest build mine just suddenly stopped connecting to wifi on one of my boxes
              Just a tip for those updating to latest build. Make sure to have TWRP backup first, in case something goes wrong (like I do sometimes ), you can immediately go back to the exact build + all your apps and settings in just 1 restore click.

DKAngel In your case, download the previous build you like and install using TWRP.

Comment

Originally posted by th-man View Post

Well, same story here. Received a box with faulty memm, advise Geekbuying, was asked to flash some firmware which bricked the box. Geekbuying offered partial refund , so tried the Paypal route. Was told by Paypal to send box back, and was refunded 30$ shipping. One month later, Paypal closed the case, stating that they could not track my box.Sent them again the tracking info , and they replied that the reason I gave for sending box back was not good for a refund. Lessons learned: Dont use Paypal as it give less protection than my credit card, and dont buy from Geekbuying again!.
                Paypal doesn't refund you the return shipment.

For that you need to contact their affiliate program Paypal returns ( Telus)

Turvallinen, helppo ja miljoonien verkkokauppojen hyväksymä. Lue, miksi miljoonat asiakkaat eri puolilla maapalloa käyttävät PayPalia. Liity maksutta.

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Paypal doesn't refund you the return shipment.

For that you need to contact their affiliate program Paypal returns ( Telus)

https://www.paypal.com/fi/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns
                  I'll leave you the lawyer's details. To my account, it appeared as " PayPal Return Shipping Refund" so to me, same difference...
                  Th.

Comment

Hello there, long time listener, first time caller...

I'm flashing my device, and this is the first time I've ever gotten stuck. It hits 4% and freezes, flashing it using the full burn package and USB Burning tool 2.0.8 from the links on this page. Anybody got any pointers? I'd hate to brick it, it's one of the original "good batch" M8S Pro + devices. It already had 7.1.1 Nougat on it before I started, here is the USB Burning tool relevant log info:

[20:45:12 058][HUB12-4][Inf]-------------Download DDR.USB-----------
                    [20:45:12 059][HUB12-4][Inf]--2-2-0-0
                    [20:45:12 059][HUB12-4][Inf]--Control write pll reg1 0xd9000000:0x000000b1
                    [20:45:12 569][HUB12-4][Inf]--Control write pll reg1 0xd9000000:0x00005183
                    [20:45:13 079][HUB12-4][Inf]--Write initial succeed
                    [20:45:13 079][HUB12-4][Inf]--Upload encrypt at 0xc8100228
                    [20:45:13 079][HUB12-4][Inf]--ulValue = 0xadfc318c
                    [20:45:13 080][HUB12-4][Inf]--Read encrypt value succeed
                    [20:45:13 088][HUB12-4][Inf]--Transfer complete
                    [20:45:13 088][HUB12-4][Inf]--Run at address 0xd9000000
                    [20:45:13 088][HUB12-4][Inf]--RunInRam succeed
                    [20:45:13 212][HUB12-4][Inf]--2-2-0-0
                    [20:45:13 212][HUB12-4][Inf]--CheckFileRunState succeed
                    [20:45:13 213][HUB12-4][Inf]--runResult:0x 0,paraMagic:0x7856efab
                    [20:45:13 213][HUB12-4][Inf]--ddrCapacity:0x 800
                    [20:45:13 213][HUB12-4][Inf]-------------Download UBOOT.USB-----------
                    [20:45:13 213][HUB12-4][Inf]--2-2-0-0
                    [20:45:13 213][HUB12-4][Inf]--ulValue = 0xadfc318c
                    [20:45:13 213][HUB12-4][Inf]--Download DDR.USB buffer at 0xd9000000
                    [20:45:13 221][HUB12-4][Inf]--Transfer complete
                    [20:45:13 221][HUB12-4][Inf]--Download UBOOT.USB buffer at 0x0200c000
                    [20:45:13 342][HUB12-4][Inf]--Transfer complete
                    [20:45:13 343][HUB12-4][Inf]--DownCheckPara succeed
                    [20:45:13 343][HUB12-4][Inf]--Run at address 0xd9000000
                    [20:45:13 387][HUB12-4][Err]--generatedAddSum:0x cc0af9d;srcAddSum:0x dcaaf9d;runResult:0x e6;paraMagic:0x7856efab
                    [20:45:13 387][HUB12-4][Inf]--ReadCheckPara failed
                    [20:45:13 391][HUB12-4][Err]--[0x11000902]Unknown
                    [20:45:13 391][HUB12-4][Inf]--Close device handle 0x000005e8
                    Last edited by hsbrown2; 12-28-2017, 04:51.

Comment

On the latest build 20171216. Flashed using the OTA method. Checked "Data Wipe".

Flashing went smoothly and love the stock Android TV UI.

Installed Netflix app from Play Store. and one problem so far is that watching Netflix would cause reboot.

This happens randomly.. The first time it happened I was only 10 minutes into playing a movie and the box rebooted.. Happened 3-4 times to far since using this ROM in the past 3 days.

How do i collect diagnostic info for the devs to investigate?

Thanks.

Comment

Well, playing around with trying to get this device to flash I’ve gone and hard bricked it (see my last post here).

Does anyone know where I can order a couple of these from that will flash properly? I’m leery of ordering and getting saddled with the crap memory ones. I need 4 of them.

Some might say just buy a Shield, but that’s not what I’m after. I just want tiny boxes in all my rooms that do Android TV and have Widevine L1 so I can cut the cable.

Comment

Originally posted by blackThirteen View Post
                          I often get pink- or blackscreen @ 4k60hz. What can i do to stable it. Sometimes it work after clean restart, powercable off and on. But next time i get the same problem again from booting deepstandby.
                          I saw, that i get 4k60hz only when setup the autoswitch. Is there a way to do this strict? Maybe that help.
                          Ok i solved my prob. It was a combo with a bad hdmicable, my 4k switch and also my vu+, which was to dominant with hdmi-cec. Now the box works good at 4k.

Comment

Originally posted by hsbrown2 View Post
                            Well, playing around with trying to get this device to flash I’ve gone and hard bricked it (see my last post here).

Does anyone know where I can order a couple of these from that will flash properly? I’m leery of ordering and getting saddled with the crap memory ones. I need 4 of them.

Some might say just buy a Shield, but that’s not what I’m after. I just want tiny boxes in all my rooms that do Android TV and have Widevine L1 so I can cut the cable.
                            So your computer can not see your box now??
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

URGENT HELP

How do I return to stock?

The frequency of Netflix crashes are getting infuriating. Please help.

I've tried System -> About -> Update and selected the OTA ZIP. Rebooted int TWRP but during flash I got the error "This is for M8S_PRO_PLUS device but this is p21x"

What other method can I use?

Comment

Thanks to Magendanz for the great work.
                                My box is fully functionnal with version 20171210.
                                Today, I tried to update to 20171216 but sound is stuttering in Youtube, Kodi, even in the launchscreen when i click on tiles.
                                First, I tried to update from the update app without wiping data: problem with sound.
                                Then I tried to update via TWRP with wiping cache, dalvik, data, system: still sound problem.
                                Somebody else encountered the same problem ?

I had to restore my TWRP backup (version 20171210). The sound works well again.
                                MK809 III - Geekbuying december 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X