Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ozankardes View Post
    Hi, When updating, I chose erase all in usb burning tool.
    Now box is DRM L3. L1 is gone.

How can I fix?
    Please let me know if you found a solution!

Does anyone know where is the device key stored?

Comment

Originally posted by theodor View Post

Ok but how to revert to 20170825....
      I thinks you can download from archive files here.

But please verify with Guest first if that is the right ones to flash in order to avoid Neflix-drm issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Boleh View Post

Magendanz has posted elsewhere that L1 can only be restored/installed using a special file from Videostrong based on the MAC code of the individual box.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Magendanz has posted elsewhere that L1 can only be restored/installed using a special file from Videostrong based on the MAC code of the individual box.

Does that mean that whatever custom rom you flash you will loses L1 level, or is there a way to prevent ?

Comment

How do we get hold of such file?

Comment

How do we get hold of such file?
              From Videostrong

Write a nice request email stating reason and giving MAC code and then pray !

Comment

Originally posted by theodor View Post

Ok but how to revert to 20170825....
                Hmmm ?
                Good question.
                I tried the old .zip using TWRP but it was rejected

assert failed: file_getprop("/system/build.prop", "ro.build.id") == "NMF26Q"

Maybe have to use the USB IMG Burn method ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Does that mean that whatever custom rom you flash you will loses L1 level, or is there a way to prevent ?
                  No, you only lose it if you wipe/clear Keys (Overwrite) when burning with USB IMG file from comp (as far as I remember!!)
                  Expert may give better answer ...
                  EDIT : Wrong !
                  DO NOT " Erase All" or "Force Erase All"
                  see Magendanz Comment
                  Last edited by P.X; 01-11-2018, 22:59.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also, don't select "Erase All" or "Force Erase All". That apparently also wipes it. (Obviously, we're a little light on data points for this, since no one wants to risk losing their L1 keys.)

No, you only lose it if you wipe/clear Keys (Overwrite) when burning with USB IMG file from comp (as far as I remember!!)
                  Expert may give better answer ...
                  I would really be interested to know, because Ozankardes claims he lost the L1 level because he selected erase all, which I usually also select, but overwrite key is an option that has to be selected separate.

Comment

I can confirm using "Force Erase All" wiped L1 on my box a few weeks back..
                    My own fault though, for some reason I had always used that option, now i just use the default settings.

Luckily it was for someone who wont miss L1..

Comment

Just to update everyone on my Netflix issue that started suddenly. The seller has agreed to refund my purchase.

It has been deemed a hardware fault. I think it's related to the oemcrypto/trusted zone/trusted execution environment execution.

I can see these in logcat:

01-09 10:59:50.627 4101 4101 E oemcrypto_tz: [OEMCrypto_TEEInvoke:366] TEEC_InvokeCommand 33 ERROR! result 0xffff3024
                      01-09 10:59:50.627 4101 4101 E oemcrypto_tz: [_oecc33:1645] error return 28

Anyway, i am glad this is finally sorted and just got myself a Mi Box

Comment

Just to update everyone on my Netflix issue that started suddenly. The seller has agreed to refund my purchase.

It has been deemed a hardware fault. I think it's related to the oemcrypto/trusted zone/trusted execution environment execution.

I can see these in logcat:

01-09 10:59:50.627 4101 4101 E oemcrypto_tz: [OEMCrypto_TEEInvoke:366] TEEC_InvokeCommand 33 ERROR! result 0xffff3024
                        01-09 10:59:50.627 4101 4101 E oemcrypto_tz: [_oecc33:1645] error return 28

Anyway, i am glad this is finally sorted and just got myself a Mi Box
                        you said that you flashed an ATV rom and changed your box to L3. Did you flash it with the official ATV rom or with this nexus 3rd party rom? Did you flash via micro sd or via pc. If via pc did you flash using default settings or did you choose "erase all" or "overwrite key"? I would like to try this nexus rom but don't want to change my box to L3.

Comment

No I didn't have the L3 problem. It was L1 all the time, but just woudn't play Netflix

Btw there was one other person I know with the M8S Pro L experiencing the exact problem. He has never flashed any ROM nor any OTA update. His box was stock and one day the Netflix error -114 just started

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship9876 View Post

you said that you flashed an ATV rom and changed your box to L3. Did you flash it with the official ATV rom or with this nexus 3rd party rom? Did you flash via micro sd or via pc. If via pc did you flash using default settings or did you choose "erase all" or "overwrite key"? I would like to try this nexus rom but don't want to change my box to L3.
                            Just flash the ota in recovery and you will be fine, only burn tool can wipe keys and you really shouldn't be using that here unless you brick, and have to, like I did.

Comment

I found a solution.
                              1- I gave the box a gift for a friend.
                              2- I ordered the new one.

It's hard to bring back your DRM without getting a DRM partition backup.

Mi box DRM backup example.

Comment

Guest commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Hmmm...so the Amlogic secure key storage is somewhere in those first 256MB of the eMMC. That's interesting to know.
                            Working...
                            X