Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If someone finds a frame rate fix for Kodi for this, please report. I tried some apps (APKs) and also the amlogic kodi addon without working results to get the solution / frame rate set to the one of the source material / movie.

Comment

Same problem overhere....

Comment

Originally posted by theodor View Post
        Using Amlogic TV Box tool to get 24 fps in SPMC works fine with auto frame but with the SPMC setting the video goes black,also does not remember settings after a restart.
        First time install and use of SPMC.

Played 4K 24p film at 24fps out of the box - Nice surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Ow a wonder box,this never worked for me.

Comment

Is there a difference between Kodi and Spmc? Or what's the benefit of SPMC related to Kodi?

Comment

Have you tried the amlogic tool to fix this problem? There's a separate menu for that

Comment

Originally posted by hansdampf View Post

Is there a difference between Kodi and Spmc? Or what's the benefit of SPMC related to Kodi?
                Just starting with it myself.
                A fork of Kodi apparently. Many similarities - different skin.
                Some different options (unless I missed them?) - e.g. can set preferred language and no Subs, the best I have found so far for me.
                Last edited by P.X; 01-10-2018, 16:07.

Comment

Originally posted by smrtprjcts View Post

Have you tried the amlogic tool to fix this problem? There's a separate menu for that
                  Yes in kodi its not working,in SPMC the amlogic tool spmc setting results in a black screen when playing a movie.

Comment

Installed spmc again using the amlogig tv tool set to smpc settings,started a movie tv goes 24 frames and then black screen so useless.
                    Tested auto frame rate works with spmc but after a reboot settings amlogic tv tool is set to default,no saved settings.

Comment

Looking at the frame rate in logging - Sorry, didn't look at actual panel refresh rate so not quite what people are talking about here methinks !

Better than Kodi on this box - at least it hits the expected frame rate and uses less CPU power (cooler)

Comment

Factory reset still the same problem with spmc and the amlogic tv tool set to frame sw on_ black screen pfffff

Comment

Factory reset still the same problem with spmc and the amlogic tv tool set to frame sw on_ black screen pfffff
                          Arghh !! Just got that dashed "Black Screen of Dirth"
                          I had got SPMC to display 24Hz refresh rate using Amlogic tool Auto function but ... on stopping playback it was all Black !
                          Tried a re-boot but still black so had to do the blind reset to Auto Rate in Settings (DOWN-Hold for a while .. OK(Settings) .. Down.x6(Display) .. OK . OK - Right - OK)
                          YMMV

Still on a positive/negative note when in 24Hz refresh mode the 4K 24p movie was less smooth by a long way, so reverting to 24fps at 50Hz is my best option.

Comment

Black screen issue is due to new firmware bug. I have to revert to previous fw, 20170825, and problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by pawnthep View Post
                              Black screen issue is due to new firmware bug. I have to revert to previous fw, 20170825, and problem solved.
                              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by pawnthep View Post
                                Ok but how to revert to 20170825....

Comment

Working...
                                X