Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

A bottom plate is definitely the way to go, as then it can dissipate the heat from 2 sites and also the size of the plate can be much larger than a heat sink.

I'm not an engineer but I'm afraid it will be a difficult task with the Mecool because the space between PCB and bottom of the housing is too small.

The beelink has a 2mm thermal pad between, if you use smaller than that you risk a short circuit, and i think the total space available with mecool is not more than 2mm.
    Yes - Not much room !!!!

Comment

I am aware that this thread is for the PLUS, but I just received my Rpi 5volt fan that I plan to install on my "L" box. The question for PX, in your opinion, is it worth installing. Even though, these S912 boxes run hot, it does not seem to affect the operation of it (or at least from what I see). I watched your video again to see how you did yours, and guess I will do something similar, except I will cut a square in the lid and place the fan on top of the lid.

As as my Plus having a heat problem, I haven't used it in quite some time, been using my "L" mostly.

Edit: I ordered this fan a short while after receiving my "L" box and freaked out when I saw how hot it was running. But since I have been using it for a long time, now, I don't see any heat caused issues.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post
        I am aware that this thread is for the PLUS, but I just received my Rpi 5volt fan that I plan to install on my "L" box. The question for PX, in your opinion, is it worth installing. Even though, these S912 boxes run hot, it does not seem to affect the operation of it (or at least from what I see). I watched your video again to see how you did yours, and guess I will do something similar, except I will cut a square in the lid and place the fan on top of the lid.

As as my Plus having a heat problem, I haven't used it in quite some time, been using my "L" mostly.

Edit: I ordered this fan a short while after receiving my "L" box and freaked out when I saw how hot it was running. But since I have been using it for a long time, now, I don't see any heat caused issues.
        Hi,

I had a couple of random crashes running Kodi with out of the box OEM.
        The Plus seems to get there a little slower than the L but still gets there ...
        Seems according to Jancales the Magendanz FW self limits at 80C (but I prefer to run it cooler if poss.)
        It has been very cool in the UK lately which helps with temps, but I think there will be more issues when room temp is more like 30C+ not 16C
        The fan running at 3.3V is silent and keeps everything nice and cool even when playing 4K files.

I'm still exploring the passive options, but so far they are less effective (especially in summer) and cost more than the really cheap fan (I had the little switch already).
        The fan does fit inside really easily and the few holes shouldn't be an issue (I guess)

Pete
        Last edited by P.X; 01-04-2018, 20:26.

Comment

Hi,
          My reply post disappeared in a flash of suspected spam ???
          Anyone any idea if it will reappear ??

Comment

• trebor
            trebor commented
            Editing a comment
            like magic

Thanks Trebor

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

Hi,

I had a couple of random crashes running Kodi with out of the box OEM.
            The Plus seems to get there a little slower than the L but still gets there ...
            Seems according to Jancales the Magendanz FW self limits at 80C (but I prefer to run it cooler if poss.)
            It has been very cool in the UK lately which helps with temps, but I think there will be more issues when room temp is more like 30C+ not 16C
            The fan running at 3.3V is silent and keeps everything nice and cool even when playing 4K files.

I'm still exploring the passive options, but so far they are less effective (especially in summer) and cost more than the really cheap fan (I had the little switch already).
            The fan does fit inside really easily and the few holes shouldn't be an issue (I guess)

Pete
            Thanks, and you are correct about the ambient temperature, it does have an effect. During warmer weather, my box was hitting more than 90c. I run CPU Temp as an overlay all the time, it is always displaying my temps.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

With latest nexus rom(amlogic s905x)temp go down but I think we need *kernel mod*

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                This device does claim Widevine Level 1 certification
                Hi Magendanz

Do you know which Widevine Provisioning Model https://storage.googleapis.com/wvdoc...ing_Models.pdf) is used by Mecool on M8S Pro+/L

Reason for asking is because since I've flashed ATV ROM onmy M8S Pro+, Netflix has started to give various types of errors and sometimes the box would reboot.
                I have now reflashed the stock ROM (20171128). No more reboots but I continue to get Netflix errors.

I am thinking if I have somehow wiped the Widevine certificate/RSA keys on my box? Is that possible?

DRM Info is still showing Widevine Level 1, HDCP 1.x
                Last edited by Boleh; 01-05-2018, 02:44.

Comment

Here is my feedback flashing the stock firmware image 20171124 that is available in the Geekbuying blog.

I have 40x40x10 heat sink mounted with silicone paste.

Firmware performs the same actually as the OTA 20171128.

I have Nova launcher installed and removed the system apps Launcher and Vlauncher, to prevent booting in stock launcher. So far no stability issues.

In kodi I have audio passthrough disabled and debug logging enabled, with CPU temp constant displaying in screen.

Running a 1080p 5.1 sound movie in Kodi for 90 minutes temperature hovers around 70 - 72°C. My ambient temperature is 30°C

CPU-Kodi at ~68%, and that is how it runs on all S905X and S912 boxes since I started monitoring this in the past few months, which is pretty high.

I booted up a Beelink M18 and the very same movie, from the very same source. CPU-Kodi runs ~47%.

So that is the reason for the heat problems in Kodi, because running Mobdro or another TV app the box will run low 60°C.

Any one an idea how to lower the CPU-Kodi usage with these processors?

As a comparison, the Magendanz ATV rom runs about the same figures in temperature and cpu usage as the stock rom.

Comment

Hi!
                    I added a new feature (MMC Info) into the Amlogic tool v1.0.19.
                    I hope it makes it easy to identify the problematic boxes.

Please contact me if you have any useful info for development/fix.
                    Thanks
                    Last edited by smrtprjcts; 01-05-2018, 09:13.

Comment

Originally posted by smrtprjcts View Post
                      Hi!
                      I added a new feature (MMC Info) into the Amlogic tool v1.0.19.
                      I hope it makes it easy to identify the problematic boxes.

Please contact me if you have any useful info for development/fix.
                      Thanks
                      Great

Good to have the eMMC check built in.

Never really tried to get auto frame rate to work but tried manual and my Amp rejected 24p mode
                      but ... Turned on Auto in your app and works a treat
                      Many thanks

Comment

Great

Good to have the eMMC check built in.

Never really tried to get auto frame rate to work but tried manual and my Amp rejected 24p mode
                        but ... Turned on Auto in your app and works a treat
                        Many thanks
                        Good to hear this

Comment

Auto Frame Rate has also helped the Temp for my 4K test - 24P is less stress on the CPU it seems ...
                          was using default 60Hz

Thought this was getting a bit off topic, but rather interesting, so I have posted over in the main box thread
                          http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...224#post699224

Comment

Auto Frame Rate has also helped the Temp for my 4K test - 24P is less stress on the CPU it seems ...
                            was using default 60Hz

Thought this was getting a bit off topic, but rather interesting, so I have posted over in the main box thread
                            http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...224#post699224
                            In previous posts you write you're running Kodi, but in the thread of the Amlogic app the developer makes clear that the auto frame rate only works on SPMC. Can you confirm it works on Kodi 17 as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

In previous posts you write you're running Kodi, but in the thread of the Amlogic app the developer makes clear that the auto frame rate only works on SPMC. Can you confirm it works on Kodi 17 as well?
                              Yes - The Auto Feature works very nicely.
                              There is also a fix for SPMC

EDIT:

You have to re-enable each re-boot and some files report wrong fps.
                              Change back to 60Hz is manual too after exiting Kodi.
                              Last edited by P.X; 01-05-2018, 16:59.

Comment

Working...
                              X