Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for pointing the tool out. Installed and tried the tool. It does something, but not the way I'm used to.
    It changes the screen from 60hz to 24hz, but when I stop the movie and when it goes back to the menu it remains 24hz.
    It won't revert back to the 60hz making the Kodi menu appear sluggish / lagging.
    Also it selects the wrong hz sometimes, for example if I choose a 24 frame movie it stays on 25hz if the previous movie was 25 frames.

This together with the fact that you have to turn the option on every time you reboot makes it far from the pleasant user experience I'm used to with my old Minix system.

Comment

Have you tried setting ...

SPMC > Settings > Videos > Playback : Adjust display refresh rate : On start / stop

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post
        Have you tried setting ...

SPMC > Settings > Videos > Playback : Adjust display refresh rate : On start / stop
        Yes. I tried this in Kodi, but it doesn't do anything for me. I might have to try SPMC. Does this work for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Dalrok View Post

Yes. I tried this in Kodi, but it doesn't do anything for me. I might have to try SPMC. Does this work for you?
          Seems to, and actually hits the desired refresh rate unlike Kodi on these boxes.

Have to Stop video, or exit SPMC correctly or system can get left at 24p !!

I set my box to manual refresh of 50hz not auto HDMI Best. I'm in the UK.

Fingers crossed ...

Comment

After months using the Nano version (on a box from the bad batch) I decided to use this version and it works great
            But I installed an app (Claro Video) that app doesn't works on rooted devices so when I was on Nano Rom I used Xposed to use it
            and it worked perfect but now on this rom it crashes.

I installed Magisk to hide root and it works for other apps but this one doesn't even open
            What can I do?
            What might be the reason it's there any way to know why it crashes?

Comment

Hello Magendanz, I just installed this M8S Pro+ box. It installed just fine. However, it does not do chromecast which was the primary reason I wanted to install this. Do you know how I can activate it? I tried from a Android Tablet. It can see the box, but when I press Chromecast button, it just circles and then eventually dies. Is there something I need to do to activate?

Also, the device does not seem to be rooted. Can you provide instructions on how to root this?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by canbonbon View Post
                Hello Magendanz, I just installed this M8S Pro+ box. It installed just fine. However, it does not do chromecast which was the primary reason I wanted to install this. Do you know how I can activate it? I tried from a Android Tablet. It can see the box, but when I press Chromecast button, it just circles and then eventually dies. Is there something I need to do to activate?

Also, the device does not seem to be rooted. Can you provide instructions on how to root this?

Thanks
                Chromecast does NOT work on these boxes.....
                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Chromecast does NOT work on these boxes.....
                  Thanks. Then why are folks installing this ROM? When there is already 7.1.2 ROM available. I will revert to OEM ROM. My only interest was due to Chromecast capabilities.

Comment

This is working on my L box - Way to get Amazon Prime working via Kodi 18 - hopefully works on Pro +

Need to use Wi-Fi to avoid buffering, but great to have a solution that works in at least 720P HD - Setting max 720 (default setting in my install) seems best for me as it then hits 720 rather than falling back lower if it tries to hit 1080 - probably my slow Broadband !

Thx go to mymo
                    Originally posted by mymo View Post
                    I found a way to watch Amazon prime contents on this device.

It can't be done through the Amazon app as we all know now, if nothing has changed since the last time I tried, but it can be done through Kodi. All you need is

Kodi 18 Leila (I used the latest Nightly)
                    Amazon addon by Sandmann79 (it can be installed through this repo https://github.com/Sandmann79/xbmc/r...gins-1.0.2.zip)

Once finished installing, open the Amazon video or Amazon Vod addon (depending on the country you live in), and configure it by entering your email, password and the secret code that will be sent to your email account. Then it will automatically install some add-ons upon which it depends and ask you to enable Inputstream. Don't forget to select "playback with Input stream" during the configuration.
                    There can be still issues with the subtitles, otherwise the add-on works like a charm... I tried HD stream so far, I haven't tried full HD yet.

EDIT: Well, not like a charm, but it works
                    Last edited by P.X; 05-20-2018, 17:03.

Comment

Originally posted by chinubrio View Post
                      My tv box restarts only often shortly after turning it on. After restarting I have to turn it off and on again because the wifi disappears. It happens to someone else? Is there any solution?
                      Did you manage to fix this somehow?
                      I've found similar issue after update to latest atv from stock FW
                      Wifi disables and box restarts after few minutes.
                      SEC is higher than 713 which should be fine.

Comment

Hello people, does this ROM have 4k & UltraHD in NetFlix?

Comment

Originally posted by fpmpaolo View Post
                          Hello people, does this ROM have 4k & UltraHD in NetFlix?
                          No, only 1080P.
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

No, only 1080P.
                            What about the Original Stock Firmware it came with?
                            Will NetFlix work on 4K & UltraHD?

Comment

4K/UHD Netflix needs HDMI 2.0/2.0a so no.

Comment

Got several audio delay problem with this Rom on my M8S Pro+, with Netflix or french tv streaming app.
                                Anyone? or should I try to install again the all package... ?

Comment

Working...
                                X