Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siemanko View Post

PRO L has his own firmware and it's newer than PRO+
    That wasn't my question to Magendanz.

Comment

Changelog (20180706):
      • Updated to latest M8S Pro+ OEM firmware (20171208.183013.V0928)
      • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.2-0 using latest OEM kernel
      • By popular demand, included OEM Miracast app
      • Latest build from Open GApps (20180706)
      Known Bugs:
      • Wake from sleep will result in a restart. This seems to be a bug in the underlying OEM firmware.
      • Google Cast service broadcasts and is discoverable from mobile devices, but quits unexpectedly unless connected through Chrome.
      Download:

Comment

Thank you Magendanz, great job.

Comment

Hi,

​​​​​​I install ota update of new build, YouTube stop player and crash app after few minutes to play.

Thanks for your time and work

@Magendanz

Best regards

Comment

Originally posted by harckan View Post
            Hi,

​​​​​​I install ota update of new build, YouTube stop player and crash app after few minutes to play.

@Magendanz

Best regards
            Same problem here

Comment

Hi,

take the opportunity to do something, is possible take work bluetooth USB dongle? I have one dongle CSR work fine in LibreELEC, but not run in this ROM.

thank's

Sorry my Bad english

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                Changelog (20180706):[*]TVStock Variant: BURN PACKAGE (996MB IMG file), OTA UPDATE (532MB ZIP file)[/LIST]
                Hello Magendanz and thanks for your hard and passionate work.
                I'm running your AndroidTV Nexus ROM from 20171216

How do I install this new one?
                Will I loose my settings?
                Can someone confirm NetFlix is working?

Comment

Originally posted by harckan View Post
                  Hi,

@Magendanz

Best regards
                  I have the same problem. Sometimes youtube app stop working, i can get back to home screen but youtube app is still crashed.

Comment

Can anyone confirm that M8S Pro+ (Stock ROM 20171208.183013.V0928, Chip: Samsung 628 KLMAG2GEAC-B031) works stable with the latest ATV rom? I have to say that it works very well with stock firmware unfortunalely the UI is a joke. I'd like to use ATV rom, especially it is based on this rom. Any experience ?

Comment

Originally posted by suarez23 View Post
                      Can anyone confirm that M8S Pro+ (Stock ROM 20171208.183013.V0928, Chip: Samsung 628 KLMAG2GEAC-B031) works stable with the latest ATV rom? I have to say that it works very well with stock firmware unfortunalely the UI is a joke. I'd like to use ATV rom, especially it is based on this rom. Any experience ?
                      There is problem with youtube. Look posts #1699 #1700 #1703.
                      I have this same memory chip, everything else works ok.

Comment

Originally posted by suarez23 View Post
                        Works flawlessly! Except, as the as friend above commented, Youtube that stops ramdonly without any specific action. The same strange behavior with YouTube occurs in M8S Pro ATV (S912). I have both boxes, so seems it is a problem with VideoStrong firmware...

Comment

Hi everone, allandacruz89, gekeer, pdjm

I solved the problem with YouTube, version stock new ROM 2.02.14 is the problem.

1. Remove YouTube stock. I remove with ES File Explorer in root options.
                          2. Reboot
                          3. Install apk YouTube TV version 2.02.08 link above.
                          4. Run fine

ps. disable automatic update in google play store

leave feedback

------------------

suarez23 , I have Mecool M8S Pro + with Bad Batch Samsung, I clean installed this new Build and run fine in this time, better than the previous build, no crash or reboot.

Comment

I have a good chip.
                            Can someone please tell me how to update?
                            Thank you

Comment

harckan
                              Thanks for solutions. Works like a charm.

Comment

About the YouTube issue, i can confirm that the problem lies with the version of the app from June 18.

If you are on 20171216, uninstall that version from Google Play Store the stock version works fine, and in the options, disable “automatic app updates”.

If you are on the new one, 20180706, you can use the method and APK posted by @Harckan. I recommend downgrade to 20171216.

In my case I upgraded to 20180706, Netflix also stop working, that’s the reason I went back to the old build. Very weird situation.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X