Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest, thanks for replying, I had not seen so far ... Could you tell me how to turn a ROM into Android TV, I found a good one for My device, the A95X R1 Android 6.0.1 wanted to know how to do the way you do without breaking the things present in ROM. I'm grateful for any help.
    ROM A95X R1 Android 6.0.1 RK3229 WifiChip SVS6051p

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      That's a bit involved. If you diff my Nano and TVStock variants on the same release, you'll basically see what changes need to be made.

Originally posted by Rafaluke View Post

Hello!

Well, tried everything that I could imagine to run Netflix but with no luck.

Tried to run older NETFLIX versions; --> error ui-800-3
    Tried NANO ROM; --> black screen
    Tried 20170825 TV stock --> black screen
    Tried 20171001 TV stock --> black screen
    Tried OEM 20171006 ---> black screen

All with factory reset and only Netflix installed/runned. None of the actions above started netflix... I dont know what I can do now.

Also, after all these trials, apparently USB Burning Tool seems to not recognize the box anymore. All new updates I have to do by OTA/SDcard.

Someone have any ideas that I could try? Magendanz?

Thank you for the help.
    Hello,

I also have the same box that you mention (hardware), you may have mistakenly marked "Erase all" or "Force erase all" in the Erase Flash section in the "USB Burning Tool v 2.0.8". What could have caused the loss of the HDCP, and therefore the malfunction of the Widevine L1.

Reach enjoy Netflix HD 1080p thanks to Guest with the ROM of the month of July, but I made the mistake of selecting "Erase all" when updating to the ROM of the month of August. From there on, netflix always showed black screen or error ui-800-3 when starting ...

I recommend installing the ROM "M8S_PRO + -V0321_Nano-20170825", the only one with which you can again enjoy Netflix in 720p. Install the latest version of Netflix from apkmirror.

If anyone knows how to reinstall the HDCP, I would appreciate it ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1043.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	676897

Regards!
    Attached Files

Comment

Guest is there any tutorial I can follow, a tutorial on how to pass the Gapps into ROM. I just need to know what tools to use to do this, I'm not very experienced, but I've done some ports for mobile phones. But the tools I used to pack the ROM do not seem to work with Android TV ROMs.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, OpenGApps is as easy as installing the .zip file in TWRP. I do have customized gapps-config.txt files for both Nano and Stock, which is documented here: https://github.com/opengapps/opengap...es-and-Options

The TVStock build for OpenGapps, however, has some issues. I've found that it's easier just to create my own Edify script to do that using OpenGapp apps and ones that I've scavenged from Nexus factory images.

I've been following this forum with interest. Before I open up my Mecool which I brought from Banggood, would it be safe to say that any box delivered with V0619 is safe ?

Comment

Looking over looks like they're complicated, lol. You would have a few more steps, for example how can I extract this type of ROM to apply the modifications, such as repacking in system.img to allow installation by the flash tool?

Comment

Originally posted by chucho9705 View Post

Hello,

I also have the same box that you mention (hardware), you may have mistakenly marked "Erase all" or "Force erase all" in the Erase Flash section in the "USB Burning Tool v 2.0.8". What could have caused the loss of the HDCP, and therefore the malfunction of the Widevine L1.

Reach enjoy Netflix HD 1080p thanks to Guest with the ROM of the month of July, but I made the mistake of selecting "Erase all" when updating to the ROM of the month of August. From there on, netflix always showed black screen or error ui-800-3 when starting ...

I recommend installing the ROM "M8S_PRO + -V0321_Nano-20170825", the only one with which you can again enjoy Netflix in 720p. Install the latest version of Netflix from apkmirror.

If anyone knows how to reinstall the HDCP, I would appreciate it ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1043.JPG
Views:	202
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	676897

Regards!
        Hello!

This is exactly what happenned with my BOX. I do have checked erase all or force erase all (dont remember which) in one of my update attemps The picture that you attached is the same of mine DRM info (L3 and unprotected HDCP).

Lets hope to have a fix for that.

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Unfortunately, I can't create a fix for this without the license keys for Widevine L1 and HDCP, which they keep under lock and key at the factory. These aren't even stored in the Amlogic burn package (.img file).

Magendanz commented
        10-09-2017, 18:06
        Unfortunately, I can't create a fix for this without the license keys for Widevine L1 and HDCP, which they keep under lock and key at the factory. These aren't even stored in the Amlogic burn package (.img file).

Hello Magendanz! But then, an Erase Flash operation (in the USB burning tool), with options Erase all or Force erase all should not remove the HDCP information right? Or it could?

Comment

I have a 1gb/8gb box.. My mistake really. Using the 825 or earlier atv rom. Just makes my box nearly useless but I tried the nano nexus rom and I found it very usable with Netflix atv @ 1080p , but the display is cropped and a gray bar at the bottom..

While Netflix plain android would.display 940 x 5?? Only..

I used.the Netflix screen test pattern

I guess I will have to try if the new 1001 atv rom version makes the 1/8gb box usable.

Sent from my E6633 using Tapatalk

Comment

[SEC 652]

Hi friends,

Finally, I have managed to revive my m8s blocked in red light. I tried to use the NAND mask method, but I'm not sure as the m8s was always detected by the PC in red light mode. The first flash failed at 4%. I just clicked on stop and start then reached 10%, and 11% and finally reached 96%. I've made a lot of flash which failed at 96 % but the last one succeed ! In final, I made about 40 flashes without unplugging the usb cable or stopping the software.

The result is not so good, the m8s is booting with blue light but it's blocked on the Logo. I'm the eMMC is so bad that there are always errors while flashing. Now I have access to the recovery menu, but updating an OTA is not better.

Best regards.

Comment

Hi friends,

Were can i find the firmware 20170829.121614.V0321.img ?
              Thanks

Comment

hi Magendanz ,

i just received my Mecool box :

SEC 649 B041
                KLMAG1JENB
                M8S Pro+ userbug 7.1.1 HMF26Q 20170815.182813.V0321 - build

is this safe to flash your ROM

regards,
                kabise

Comment

Wait wait, so in Amlogic Burn Card Maker, what option can we check ? ''Erase in normal'' or nothing to check to avoid loss of DRM1 ?

Comment

Originally posted by legnosecco View Post

I also have eMMC SEC649 with build 20170815.182813.V0321. The rest of my eMMC info is B041 KLMAG1JENB S54T3MGMS .
                    Can you tell me the FULL info of your eMMC chip? Thanks.
                    Look at photo. -> https://image.prntscr.com/image/9WnW...PehatAEu0g.png

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                      WARNING: There's a bad batch of M8S Pro+ boxes which are experiencing regular freezing and crashes. We've narrowed the source of the problem down to a Samsung eMMC 5.1 chipset (KLMAG1JENB - B041), batches SEC 652 to 713, and these usually shipped from the factory with version 20170829.121614.V0321 of the OEM firmware. If you have one of these, it's highly recommended that you not flash any ROM (custom or OEM), as the prolonged block writes seem to result in serious data corruption.

]
                      How do I check my Mecool to see if it has one of these bad eMCCS?

Comment

Hi,

Anyone have in zip update 20170829.121614.V0321. I want install that version, ota
                        Last edited by djpcrackteam; 10-10-2017, 15:27.

Comment

Working...
                        X