Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rafaluke View Post

Hello Magendanz!

I followed your recommendation and I was able to revive the BOX. Thank you! I've updated with your latest version and everything seems to be ok now.
    Unfortunately NETFLIX is not loading, it get stuck in a black screen and dont load. Also I haven't figure out a way to make the dualshock 3 to work.

But at least the box is working now!
    just me netflix works i was just watching it try uninstall and redownload from the store

Comment

Originally posted by Ozman View Post
      Can I ask for some confirmation of the following:
      1. If you have a bad batch box (B3), you must not update the ROM from stock if you want the box to work in Android.
      2. If the B3 came with OEM rom 20170829.121614.V0321 then even if not updated, the B3 is liable to freeze or be unstable.
      3. To dual boot the B3 to run LibreElec the rom must be updated to a custom rom.
      4. If the B3 rom is updated, it cannot be updated again and may be bricked if attempted and dual boot will no longer work.
      5. If the B3 rom is updated, it will/may not be possible to boot into recovery.
      If you have a bad batch get a refund immediately. It really isn't worth your time to tryout. Rather spend your time emailing the retailer and work to get yo dime back.

Comment

Originally posted by bylderup View Post
        my first device can not be updated. So - where to buy a device without Flashing problems ? My "faulty one" is from geekbuying. Or is it like "you´ll never know what you´ll get " ?

EDIT: Just had a livechat with geekbuying and asked which FW Version and eMMC Chip is on the device if I´ll buy a second one now. The answer was complete rubbish
        (CPU: S905X Vierkern - Cortex-A9 ) and then the laptop was unusable (something with script does not answer and has to be closed ). This was the end of the chat....
        China is having their national holiday this week. Probably a robot or who knows was responding to you. Best is not to buy for a while.

Comment

What a disaster from a device that set the tone with level 1 sad turn of events.... Take note manufactures if it works and selling dont change in production Doh....
          Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by driver View Post
            Hi, I also can agree, that eMMC SEC 652 is not working well.

After Flashing ATV ROM it got stuck at NEXUS logo. Then when I will reflash OEM rom Burning tool aborts in best case at 98% with an error. In the most cases earlier.

Any Ideas how to flash original ROM back? Flashing with SD Card don't work for me?!
            You shouldn't have problem flashing back the original ROM and use the box. Tho you really should get a refund. That 98% problem happened to me once. But once out of ten maybe. It eventually went fine make sure to erase or try force erase.

Comment

Just thought I'd point out that the new V0619 build ID (NHG47L) actually corresponds to Android 7.1.2_r11 with the May 2017 security updates. It's not 7.1.1 as recorded in the OEM build.prop.

And there are features like Dolby Vision support in this ROM that were introduced in Android 7.1.2, so it's definitely the version number that's wrong.

Comment

If people are really into some DIY, you can replace the poor SCI WiFi Module with an integrated RTL8723BS SDIO WIFI + BT module for $3 and some soldering skills:

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post
                  If people are really into some DIY, you can replace the poor SCI WiFi Module with an integrated RTL8723BS SDIO WIFI + BT module for $3 and some soldering skills:

​​​​​​
                  I've got an idea....

We can buy separate emmc module from supplier Kingston and replace it in mainboard (PCB-that is the name of mainboard?) ?

Maybe someone sells these modules on aliexpress ;>
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by essir; 10-05-2017, 10:28.

Comment

Originally posted by essir View Post

I've got an idea....

We can buy separate emmc module from supplier Kingston and replace it in mainboard (PCB-that is the name of mainboard?) ?

Maybe someone sells these modules on aliexpress ;>
                    BGA 169
                    These are the "pins" / surface pads that have to be de/re-soldered with this surface mount package...
                    Lots of fun for the adventurous DIY enthusiast

Click image for larger version

Name:	R7610367-01.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	675884

Comment

Guys, has anyone tried to install the Nvidia Shield Google Assistant apk on Magendanz's ATV firmware ?
                      You can find it on apkmirror (https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...ease/#whatsnew).
                      I tried but install fails and I had not yet the opportunity to check the logs...

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post

​​​​​​
                        If we change sci wifi with realtek, is it possible to use it with V0619 kernel?

Do we need any additional driver? Here is a link for driver.

Realtek SDIO Wi-Fi driver. Contribute to hadess/rtl8723bs development by creating an account on GitHub.

Realtek RTL8723BS Wifi Module DataSheet

SCI S9082C WiFİ Module DataSheet

I have checked all GND (Ground) and voltage pin number are equal. Rest of them may be changed due to the bluetooth etc. Therefore, can we say it is compatible?

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You'd have to update the kernel and system with the new WiFi kernel modules. Bluetooth, unfortunately, is more complicated and would require a complete rebuild with different precompiler directives. You might actually be better off trying to adapt the M8S Pro L firmware.

Originally posted by mabocoglu View Post

If we change sci wifi with realtek, is it possible to use it with V0619 kernel?

Do we need any additional driver? Here is a link for driver.

Realtek SDIO Wi-Fi driver. Contribute to hadess/rtl8723bs development by creating an account on GitHub.

Realtek RTL8723BS Wifi Module DataSheet

https://www.pine64.pro/download/docu...-bluetooth.pdf

SCI S9082C WiFİ Module DataSheet

https://fccid.io/2AKCE-S82GESNC/User...al-3209392.pdf

I have checked all GND (Ground) and voltage pin number are equal. Rest of them may be changed due to the bluetooth etc. Therefore, can we say it is compatible?
                        There is newer chip version (v1.3). But aliexpress is selling v1.0 version.

Here is v1.2 version

Here is v1.3 version

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/RTL8...495116310.html

Also we will need a bluetooth antenna (or not?)

Finally, will it worth?
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hey ...
                          Someone wanted some photos
                          Kingston Top
                          Kingston Back
                          Difference Kingston vs SEC 5.1 Top

Click image for larger version  Name:	M8SPro+-Kingston-TopWP_20171005_11_29_28_Pro_R-Comp-highres.jpg Views:	1 Size:	279.5 KB ID:	675906Click image for larger version  Name:	M8SPro+-Kingston-BackWP_20171005_11_34_31_Pro_R-Comp-highres.jpg Views:	1 Size:	274.4 KB ID:	675905 Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20171005_11_29_28_Pro__highres-DUAL.jpg
Views:	685
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	675907
                          Last edited by P.X; 10-05-2017, 13:08.

Comment

Hello Magendanz!

I followed your recommendation and I was able to revive the BOX. Thank you! I've updated with your latest version and everything seems to be ok now.
                            Unfortunately NETFLIX is not loading, it get stuck in a black screen and dont load. Also I haven't figure out a way to make the dualshock 3 to work.

But at least the box is working now!
                            Hello Magendanz! Thank you for your reply.

In your previous version (20170825) Netflix was running fine. Only with the latest that is not. Don't know what could be the issue... tried to uninstall and install again from the store and nothing. The app install normally, but when you try to open, it goes to black screen. It not freeze the BOX, since I can go to the home screen with the remote... but the app dont run.

Maybe I could try an older version of the Netflix app, but I dont know where to find older versions for Android TV.

Regarding the PS3 controller apparently it is more hard than I was thinking! Do you know if PS4 or XBOX ONE controllers would work?

THank you again!

Comment

Hello Magendanz! Thank you for your reply.

In your previous version (20170825) Netflix was running fine. Only with the latest that is not. Don't know what could be the issue... tried to uninstall and install again from the store and nothing. The app install normally, but when you try to open, it goes to black screen. It not freeze the BOX, since I can go to the home screen with the remote... but the app dont run.

Maybe I could try an older version of the Netflix app, but I dont know where to find older versions for Android TV.

Regarding the PS3 controller apparently it is more hard than I was thinking! Do you know if PS4 or XBOX ONE controllers would work?

THank you again!
                              I have the same problem. You can only close via home button. back button is not working

Comment

Working...
                              X