Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So a bit off topic, any recommendation for similar box with the same functionality and price range? More importantly we an change the gw to the ATV one. Cheers

Comment

The fact they keep updating the software is great most ppl should be able to attach a switch, I have 2 boxes now and they work a dream

Comment

• trebor
        trebor commented
        Editing a comment
        I think you will find most updates will be OTA only if the L1 kicks in 100%

Originally posted by DKAngel View Post
      The fact they keep updating the software is great most ppl should be able to attach a switch, I have 2 boxes now and they work a dream
      I take it neither of them is from the bad batch?

Comment

Originally posted by Ozman View Post
        I take it neither of them is from the bad batch?
        Nope I bought one back in august and my new one from last week was fine. I now have one on the front TV, one on the projector and a x96 1g/8g in the kids toyroom living these boxes

Comment

Can I ask for some confirmation of the following:
          1. If you have a bad batch box (B3), you must not update the ROM from stock if you want the box to work in Android.
          2. If the B3 came with OEM rom 20170829.121614.V0321 then even if not updated, the B3 is liable to freeze or be unstable.
          3. To dual boot the B3 to run LibreElec the rom must be updated to a custom rom.
          4. If the B3 rom is updated, it cannot be updated again and may be bricked if attempted and dual boot will no longer work.
          5. If the B3 rom is updated, it will/may not be possible to boot into recovery.

Comment

Can I ask for some confirmation of the following:
            1. If you have a bad batch box (B3), you must not update the ROM from stock if you want the box to work in Android.
            Correct.

To 100% confirm you have a box with problematic Samsung 5.1 eMMC you will have to open the MECOOL up and look for the Chip with:

KLMAG1JENB . B041 . S558Z034

See this post:
            http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...473#post673473

From there I would take a Photo and then ask for a refund from whomever you bought the box from stating an OTA Firmware update bricked it. (even if you have not yet reflashed)
            If you get to keep the device even better - leave it on the Android Firmware it came with - NEVER reflash it.

3. To dual boot the B3 to run LibreElec the rom must be updated to a custom rom.
            LibreELEC Kodi can dual boot and run entirely from an external microSDHC card. You do not need to reflash any sort of Internal Firmware on to eMMC for this to happen.
            Once LibreELEC Kodi is running from an external micro SDHC card, you can copy the LibreELEC data into internal faster eMMC flash storage if you want. Android will still remain intact and fully functional:

[HOWTO] Boot (LibreELEC) from SD card, use internal memory for data (click)
            Last edited by wrxtasy; 10-04-2017, 09:48.

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post
              Correct.

To 100% confirm you have a box with problematic Samsung 5.1 eMMC you will have to open ithe MECOOL up and look for the Chip with:

SEC 701 . KLMAG1JENB . B041 . S558Z034

See this post:
              http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...473#post673473
              I am going by the advice on the front page that the affected boxes are the "Samsung eMMC 5.1 chipset (KLMAG1JENB - B041), batches SEC 652 to 713" and mine is one of those. After unsuccessfully trying to boot into recovery I can no longer boot in LE via SD. I didn't know that it is possible to boot into LE via SDC with untouched OEM rom which won't help me but will help a neighbour.

Comment

well um;ess my soldering sucks or the press button switch doesn't work the new box that i added a reset button too wont boot to recovery via the button :/ guess ill try pulling the box apart again and using a paperclip to short the 2 points that is underneath the board? wont be modding this box untill i can find a hardware way into recovery

Comment

Originally posted by P.X View Post

No - That is a 5.0 eMMC - the 2 is the easy identifier KLMAG2WEPD
                  Haven't heard of any 5.0 being faulty ...

Strangely
                  "2" is 5.0
                  and later 5.1 is "1"
                  Hello Magendanz! Hello all.

Could you pls advise me with any tips regarding which method should I use to try to revive my box? Do you think that I could still use this ROM or should I go to the OEM?

Thank you.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you don't have the KLMAG1JENB - B041 eMMC chipset, you'd be the first to report an affected unit without it. My guess is that you can flash anything you want.

As always, I recommend flashing the whole burn package (.img file) using USB Burning Tool and a male-to-male Type A USB cable, just like they do at the factory. If you're getting to the logo screen, then your bootloader sounds intact and the device should be detected by the WorldCup driver. Just make sure you're only connecting the USB cable, and that you hold the reset button in when you connect it until you hear the PC recognize the device.

Guest so if my emmc is SEC 649 can I install your ROM? Pic rel

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's a good question. The earliest lot at this point that has been reported as problematic is SEC 652, which were in production just 3 weeks later. Do you feel lucky?

Seriously, though, I'd give it a try flashing the 20170919.150557.V0619 OEM firmware. If that works, then you're probably fine to flash whatever you like.

my first device can not be updated. So - where to buy a device without Flashing problems ? My "faulty one" is from geekbuying. Or is it like "you´ll never know what you´ll get " ?

EDIT: Just had a livechat with geekbuying and asked which FW Version and eMMC Chip is on the device if I´ll buy a second one now. The answer was complete rubbish
                  (CPU: S905X Vierkern - Cortex-A9 ) and then the laptop was unusable (something with script does not answer and has to be closed ). This was the end of the chat....
                  Last edited by bylderup; 10-04-2017, 18:05.

Comment

Any reports of Mecool removing the reset button from any of their other L1 devices (K1 or M8S PRO L)?

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Actually, it seems that the M8S Pro L also ships without a reset button (on either the bottom or behind the front vent). This is obnoxious!

Originally posted by mabocoglu View Post

While Mi has a good performance, Mecool is dying on WiFi connection (sometimes drops). Even it is near router.
                    I had this issue as well, however I have multiple Access Points (APs) so i switched over to a different AP and it hasn't dropped since. My wife's laptop was also having issues with my one AP. Set her up on another one and issue resolved as well. My AP that kept dropping is a Asus dual band AC (2.4/5GHz), and the one not dropping is a B/G/N 2.4 GHz. Might want to test that.

Comment

Hi, I also can agree, that eMMC SEC 652 is not working well.

After Flashing ATV ROM it got stuck at NEXUS logo. Then when I will reflash OEM rom Burning tool aborts in best case at 98% with an error. In the most cases earlier.

Any Ideas how to flash original ROM back? Flashing with SD Card don't work for me?!

Comment

Originally posted by Rafaluke View Post

Hello Magendanz! Hello all.

Could you pls advise me with any tips regarding which method should I use to try to revive my box? Do you think that I could still use this ROM or should I go to the OEM?

Thank you.
                        Hello Magendanz!

I followed your recommendation and I was able to revive the BOX. Thank you! I've updated with your latest version and everything seems to be ok now.
                        Unfortunately NETFLIX is not loading, it get stuck in a black screen and dont load. Also I haven't figure out a way to make the dualshock 3 to work.

But at least the box is working now!

Comment

Guest commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Not sure what's going on with your Netflix, but I've got a problem with the PS3 gamepad kernel module not loading right now. It was built for Marshmallow and can't find some APIs in Nougat, so I need an updated version.
                      Working...
                      X