Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking... strange theory but...

is it possible for distributors to sell stocks of m8spro / L under the name "plus"? to enjoy the good reputation of this version? So no L1 on this devices? And so Netflix problems...
    Could the owners of this strangely sticky version test the processor with Aida or similar?

edit : ok, my theory is probably not the right one. i watch too many tv series. ;-) in any case, the loss of L1 is really strange ...
    Last edited by NicoLabidouille; 10-09-2017, 08:47.
    S805 MK808B-plus (alive & rocks on LE), S905X T95X (on U2+ mod rom ATV 7.1) and maybe later a S905x M8S Pro+...

Comment

I have had a couple of private messages requesting how to do the NAND mask ROM flash method, which has been successful for me on getting the ATV ROM onto my box with the bad batch of chips.

I have written a tutorial in the Knowledge section:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...hod#post676523

This method is not without its dangers, so do this at your own risk.
      If the ROM does not work for you, then you should be able to flash back the original firmware that your box came with

Let me know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by herg View Post

I just checked with DRM INFO and I do have Widevine L3 security Level !!! I guess that explains the Netflix error... Is it possible that the rom flash has downgraded L1 to L3 ? Or is it more related to a different/new batch of the box ? Actually I am not still sure the S905 is indeed in my box considering the sticker saying S912. EDIT it is S905 says AIDA with 4 x cortex A53...
        Hi, I have had my wetek box show up as level 3 when there's dodgy connections eg hdmi switches etc. A reboot and it was back to level 1.

Widevine and.hdcp will just.allow a higher resolution, not a login error.

Make sure you have newest version of netflix, like 5.1.something I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafaluke View Post

Hello Magendanz! Thank you for your reply.

In your previous version (20170825) Netflix was running fine. Only with the latest that is not. Don't know what could be the issue... tried to uninstall and install again from the store and nothing. The app install normally, but when you try to open, it goes to black screen. It not freeze the BOX, since I can go to the home screen with the remote... but the app dont run.

Maybe I could try an older version of the Netflix app, but I dont know where to find older versions for Android TV.

Regarding the PS3 controller apparently it is more hard than I was thinking! Do you know if PS4 or XBOX ONE controllers would work?

THank you again!
          Hello!

Well, tried everything that I could imagine to run Netflix but with no luck.

Tried to run older NETFLIX versions; --> error ui-800-3
          Tried NANO ROM; --> black screen
          Tried 20170825 TV stock --> black screen
          Tried 20171001 TV stock --> black screen
          Tried OEM 20171006 ---> black screen

All with factory reset and only Netflix installed/runned. None of the actions above started netflix... I dont know what I can do now.

Also, after all these trials, apparently USB Burning Tool seems to not recognize the box anymore. All new updates I have to do by OTA/SDcard.

Someone have any ideas that I could try? Magendanz?

Thank you for the help.

Comment

I also have a box from the bad batch (SEC713) that got bricked while trying to install this AndroidTV ROM. I tried installing this AndroidTV ROM via the NAND mask ROM flash method that Sossy posted and I succeeded but I also see that the Widevine is L3 instead of L1 which really sucks cause this box is useless right now. Does anyone know if something can be done about this?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              So, superceleron and I were debating whether Mask ROM mode would potentially wipe keys stored in the TrustZone secure key storage, and we're not really sure whether that secure storage area is on the eMMC or not. Sounds like it very well could be.

There's a pretty good explanation here: https://security.stackexchange.com/q...der-a-code-has

Originally posted by Sossy View Post
            I have had a couple of private messages requesting how to do the NAND mask ROM flash method, which has been successful for me on getting the ATV ROM onto my box with the bad batch of chips.

I have written a tutorial in the Knowledge section:

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-...hod#post676523

This method is not without its dangers, so do this at your own risk.
            If the ROM does not work for you, then you should be able to flash back the original firmware that your box came with

Let me know how it goes
            1. USB burning tool used with two latest custom firmware and latest stock firmware posted in OP: Stuck at 4% with 2 different errors.
            2. Burn card maker does nothing apparently (with reset button and pin shorting)

Ozman also reported success with burncardmaker. Can you please share the settings for erase?

Thanks
            Last edited by m4w; 10-09-2017, 11:44. Reason: updates from further tries

Comment

Originally posted by m4w View Post

Ozman also reported success with burncardmaker. Can you please share the settings for erase?

Thanks
              Just follow the link on page 1 of this thread. I couldn't download from the first download link for burncardmaker, I think I used the second one. It's pretty straightforward.

Comment

Originally posted by IAF02 View Post
                I also have a box from the bad batch (SEC713) that got bricked while trying to install this AndroidTV ROM. I tried installing this AndroidTV ROM via the NAND mask ROM flash method that Sossy posted and I succeeded but I also see that the Widevine is L3 instead of L1 which really sucks cause this box is useless right now. Does anyone know if something can be done about this?
                Hi Sossy

Do you have the issue with Widevine L1 being replaced with L3?

Comment

The question should be as well - did you tick the "Overwrite Key" option in the USB Burning Tool ?

That is the Guaranteed way to KILL off Widevine L1.

Comment

Nope, I didn't tick the "Overwrite key" option.

Comment

Originally posted by orphee55 View Post
                      Hi friends !

I have a m8s pro plus SEC 652 with light which stays red. If I plug it to my pc, It is recognized as soon as I plug it even if the reset button is not pushed.But I get an error while flashing : photo1
                      I try to solden the pins.like in photo 2 :
                      but the result is the same.I don't know what to try now...
                      I posted having the same issue with my SEC 652 box back at post #897 with the BIG exception that I haven't done anything to the NAND mode pins; IOW, as soon as the USB cable is plugged into the box, it immediately starts the flash process whether I short the pins or not. If there's a microSD card in the box, it'll try to upgrade the firmware from it, and it won't boot LibreELEC from the card either.

The fact that the flash starts immediately makes me doubt that shorting the pins is putting it into NAND mode.

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post

With the freshly flashed LE on the SD card and the correct dtb.img also on the card.
                        In a Android Terminal App type "reboot update" to get LibreELEC up and running.
                        would be nice to have an apk for "reboot update"

a bit offtopic - but if u want to return from LE on SD Card to Android using a skin like Xonfluence without default "reboot to internal nand" button do this:

add a favourite in ../userdata/favourites.xml :

<favourites>
                        <favourite name="Reboot Android">System.ExecWait("/usr/sbin/rebootfromnand")</favourite>
                        </favourites>

thats it..
                        Last edited by bylderup; 10-09-2017, 08:03.

Comment

Originally posted by bylderup View Post

would be nice to have an apk for "reboot update"
                          Funny you should mention that, because there is such an Android App:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...otupdate&hl=en

Maybe @Magendanz might be Kind enough to include such an App in with his next ATV ROM update ?
                          (it needs Root permissions)

Comment

Guest commented
                            Editing a comment
                            No, my philosophy is to stick with only the AOSP and Google apps...the pure Nexus experience. If you want to add it, you can install via the play store.

Originally posted by WetWilly View Post
                          I posted having the same issue with my SEC 652 box back at post #897 with the BIG exception that I haven't done anything to the NAND mode pins; IOW, as soon as the USB cable is plugged into the box, it immediately starts the flash process whether I short the pins or not. If there's a microSD card in the box, it'll try to upgrade the firmware from it, and it won't boot LibreELEC from the card either.

The fact that the flash starts immediately makes me doubt that shorting the pins is putting it into NAND mode.
                          I have remove my solder (I have been checked, no shortcut anymore). But the behavior is the same. In our situation, shorting the pins is not putting the pin into NAND mode. The m8s is always recognized by the pc (with the reset, with the pins shorten or by doing nothing) but the flash always fails at 4%. I have another m8s in SEC 652, I need to push the reset button to make it be recognize by my pc.

I've seen a strange thing. By clicking several times on refresh button, I'm able to go though 4%. But I'm getting stuck at 96%.

Thanks for your help !

Comment

Originally posted by frankiesbeentohollywood View Post

Hi Sossy

Do you have the issue with Widevine L1 being replaced with L3?
                            I don't have a DRM info app installed, but I am getting full HD Netflix, so I assume I have L1
                            Last edited by Sossy; 10-09-2017, 10:52.

Comment

Working...
                            X