Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO+ TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success. With proper device tree and wrxstasy method LE is booting on our device.

Comment

Hi all

Stupid question but is the WorldCup driver that I see people mentioning installed as part of the USB Burning tool application?

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, it is.

Originally posted by frankiesbeentohollywood View Post
      Hi all

Stupid question but is the WorldCup driver that I see people mentioning installed as part of the USB Burning tool application?
      Thanks....just installed it and noticed it did.

I did say it was stupied q time.

Comment

Originally posted by wrxtasy View Post

With the freshly flashed LE on the SD card and the correct dtb.img also on the card.
        In a Android Terminal App type "reboot update" to get LibreELEC up and running.

Then in LibreELEC Kodi's - Power Menu - select "Reboot from Internal" to reboot into Android again.
        Can now boot into LE thanks wrxtasy!

Still cannot get Bluetooth through usb csr dongle and I have a strange issue with the remote. Remote works fine (using your remote.conf) until I connect a usb dvb tuner (Digital Now Tiny Twin - Afatech 9015). The tuner works well but the remote then goes crazy. For example, if I press the down arrow, the result is one step down and one step up. So to go down once, I have to press the down button twice quickly. It's weird to me that plugging in the usb tuner would have this effect. I don't use free to air much so it's not a big problem, unlike getting Bluetooth to work.
        Last edited by Ozman; 10-08-2017, 00:46.

Comment

As @Magendanz has already mentioned a few times, all detailed LibreELEC support belongs on the actual LibreELEC AMLogic sub-forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Sossy View Post
            I am pleased to report that I have flashed the 20171001 to my device (that has the bad-batch chips) using the NAND mask Rom method.
            I have a box that had 20170815 firmware originally with the SEC713 chips.
            It was bricked trying to do an ATV install using the OTA method, I was then able to restore to original firmware using the NAND mask ROM method

As per below, I then tried installing the ATV ROM using the NAND mask ROM method.
            This box is now happily running ATV, even though I thought it never could. I have been testing it for the past half hour, running Netflix, Youtube, Kodi, Google Play and messing around with the settings.
            It is ROCK SOLID so far!!

I couldnt be happier, and hopefully this gives someone else hope that the boxes with the bad batch of EMMC's can be salvaged

Note, method for NAND mask ROM is below, and attached is a photo of the pins that need to be shorted on the back of the PCB board

From 2nd October...
            Hi Magendanz. Do you still think it would be worth trying to flash an ATV rom onto the defective chips, using the Mask ROM method?
            If you think there is some chance it may work differently to the burning tool, I might be willing to try it on my box

I am keen to get ATV working, and if I cant use my current box, I will just get another one anyway
            • Magendanz
              #749.1
              Magendanz commented
              10-03-2017, 03:24
              Any time you short pins it's not without risk, so I appreciate you volunteering, Sossy. You'll need to queue up M8S_PRO+-V0619_TVStock-20171001.img in USB Burning Tool and hit Start. Then, with the back of the board exposed, connect the USB OTG cable. Finally, you'll need to short the pins highlighted in my diagram so that you hear the WorldCup driver recognize the device in Mask ROM mode and the flash should start automatically.

My hope is that the flash in Mask ROM mode will model closer what occurred in the factory, since that's the version that was successfully baked into the device even with the
            can someone smarter than me write simple turtorial how to do this ? I try.. and without success

Comment

Originally posted by herg View Post
              Hi all, I ordered on Gearbest a M8S Pro+ 2G/16G S905X and received it a couple of days ago. Surprisingly the sticker on the back of the box states S912...? The firmware is 20170822. While there is no reset button I succeeded to flash Magendaz ATV rom by shorting the pins on the pcb. However Netflix downloaded on Play store exhibits at opening an error ui-800-3....? Any idea ? Is it a different box ? Thanks for your help.
              Hi Magendaz, since my post some people received the same "S912 sticker" M8S+ which seems eventually to be a regular S905, and they succeeded to flash your rom and launch Netflix in HD.. so I am lost why I get this ui-800-3 error at opening. My Netflix account is of course HD and works great on my smart tv and smartphone. In addition every time the box starts in Korean instead of French I selected previously.. any chance this can be improved with your last build ?

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                I believe that's the error Netflix usually gives if there's no Widevine L1. Can you confirm that's present using DRM Info?

BTW, that language change is most likely a CEC issue. Go into Settings->HDMI CEC and disable Auto change language.

Originally posted by herg View Post

Hi Magendaz, since my post some people received the same "S912 sticker" M8S+ which seems eventually to be a regular S905, and they succeeded to flash your rom and launch Netflix in HD.. so I am lost why I get this ui-800-3 error at opening. My Netflix account is of course HD and works great on my smart tv and smartphone. In addition every time the box starts in Korean instead of French I selected previously.. any chance this can be improved with your last build ?
              Hello,
              I've got the same box with same sticker S912. I have checked with DRM Info app that this box has widevine level 1. Reset button was removed but I'm going to solder one and that will give me all I need.
              Thanks Magendaz for all your hard work.
              You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
              Last edited by Kazan; 10-08-2017, 13:50.

Comment

Hi,

i have a little problems with this last TVStock version from October, regarding Samsung Anynet+ aka HDMI CEC. It all works fine till i hit long back button (which represents return) , after that pop up informs me that google process is stopped. Every time when i hit return that message popups. When i hit return on regular remote which came with box, everything is ok.

On TVstock version from August , that was not happening. So i ask, maybe is there still alive a link to August TVStock (20170825) ?

Thank you.

EDIT: I tried NANO, STOCK and MECOOL firmware from October (last one available) , and everything is ok . Only that strange thing happens in October TVStock .

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thanks @Magendanz and community for the greatest rom you provide us !

Sorry for my bad level in english... I'm french, and so... you know...

I would like to buy the M8S Pro+.
                But I would like to have more information regarding the latest versions under kingston emmc before starting the adventure.

1) These new versions no longer have a reset button. ok... But short the K12 pins really works?
                And if so, has anyone managed to solder a switch button that works?
                I think DKAngel tried the experiment ? is it work ?

2) Some seem to have ui-800-3 errors with the ATV version of netflix under the last September/October's rom.
                Does it still work under rom 20170825?
                Or is it due to a new barrier of Netflix on the last update of the apk ?

3) Is there a way to make Amazon Video ATV work ? (like the shield for example)

4) @Magendanz, I know you add btusb.ko module on the Rom. Is the CSR 4.0 usb dongle (CSR8510 A10) already supported? Or What should be done to add this ?

Thanks for reading me and your help !
                S805 MK808B-plus (alive & rocks on LE), S905X T95X (on U2+ mod rom ATV 7.1) and maybe later a S905x M8S Pro+...

Comment

Guest commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I've been told that you need to recompile the build to add support for USB Bluetooth dongles, and so far that's consistent with what I'm seeing. Unfortunately, we don't have access to source.

Originally posted by NicoLabidouille View Post
                Hi Everyone,

Thanks @Magendanz and community for the greatest rom you provide us !

Sorry for my bad level in english... I'm french, and so... you know...

I would like to buy the M8S Pro+.
                But I would like to have more information regarding the latest versions under kingston emmc before starting the adventure.

1) These new versions no longer have a reset button. ok... But short the K12 pins really works?
                And if so, has anyone managed to solder a switch button that works?
                I think DKAngel tried the experiment ? is it work ?

2) Some seem to have ui-800-3 errors with the ATV version of netflix under the last September/October's rom.
                Does it still work under rom 20170825?
                Or is it due to a new barrier of Netflix on the last update of the apk ?

3) Is there a way to make Amazon Video ATV work ? (like the shield for example)

4) @Magendanz, I know you add btusb.ko module on the Rom. Is the CSR 4.0 usb dongle (CSR8510 A10) already supported? Or What should be done to add this ?

Thanks for reading me and your help !
                The combo of Netflix+Amazon is best with fire tv stock. And the price same as the mecool pro+.

Why do you want a different box, is it for some ATV features that the ATV ROM has that couldn't side load to the fire tv stick?

Just want to knw opinions.

Comment

Magendanz
                  Why android remote app do not work? appears on the screen nexus m8s pro + but then does not enter?
                  Last edited by juliocunha; 10-08-2017, 18:41.

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So, the current version of Android TV Remote service doesn't work on this box because it requires Bluetooth. I had to go back to an Android 6 version, but it was working before. Need to figure out what changed.

Originally posted by grimmie View Post

The combo of Netflix+Amazon is best with fire tv stock. And the price same as the mecool pro+.

Why do you want a different box, is it for some ATV features that the ATV ROM has that couldn't side load to the fire tv stick?

Just want to knw opinions.
                  you are right on certain points. but Amazon's fire tv is much, far too closed. I have a fire tablet... and there is a lot of limitation on FireOS...

according to what I know, no atv 7.1, no LibreELEC (ok, there is Kodi ...) and no possibility of customization. and that's what we all like to do the most! This is fun to test and mod roms!

More, no fire tv in my country...
                  so I was looking for a cheap box, highly customizable and maybe with widevine L1.
                  S805 MK808B-plus (alive & rocks on LE), S905X T95X (on U2+ mod rom ATV 7.1) and maybe later a S905x M8S Pro+...

Comment

Hi friends !

I have a m8s pro plus SEC 652 with light which stays red. If I plug it to my pc, It is recognized as soon as I plug it even if the reset button is not pushed.But I get an error while flashing : photo1
                    I try to solden the pins.like in photo 2 :
                    but the result is the same.I don't know what to try now...

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Why would you solder the pins together? Now it's constantly in Mask ROM mode, which isn't what you want. When we say short the wires, we're meaning just temporarily connect them like a reset switch.

Not sure if you can remove that solder at this point, but USB Burning Tool won't work while its shorted.

Originally posted by Kazan View Post

Hello,
                    I've got the same box with same sticker S912. I have checked with DRM Info app that this box has widevine level 1. Reset button was removed but I'm going to solder one and that will give me all I need.
                    Thanks Magendaz for all your hard work.
                    I just checked with DRM INFO and I do have Widevine L3 security Level !!! I guess that explains the Netflix error... Is it possible that the rom flash has downgraded L1 to L3 ? Or is it more related to a different/new batch of the box ? Actually I am not still sure the S905 is indeed in my box considering the sticker saying S912. EDIT it is S905 says AIDA with 4 x cortex A53...
                    Last edited by herg; 10-08-2017, 20:05.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      That's really the worst of both worlds, the weaker CPU and no Widevine L1.
                  Working...
                  X