This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Wrong... is always always "restore" (i by mistake wrote "recovery" above)
    Thanks for that. The tutorial I followed was apparently wrong. I will reflash and see how it goes. Thanks for the info.

EDIT: I re-flashed as you recommended and the power issues stopped. The 5ghz wifi is still poor but everything else is great.
    Last edited by Gamepwnzer; 08-15-2017, 05:45.

Comment

Awesome Thanks dude .

Comment

• trebor
        trebor commented
        Editing a comment
        As you pointed out that A7 Rom keep your eyes peeled for another,
        Nice to see one 3399 on A7

Originally posted by superceleron
      Nop no fix or workaround (well unless you use Android 6), you need to wait for them to fix the kernel, sorry!
      OK thanks

Who is 'they'? Is that Google themselves? Or it's an upstream Linux issue? Or it's in the Rockchip drivers?

Comment

• superceleron
        superceleron commented
        Editing a comment
        Rockchip or the vendor!

Sure trebor, if I see A7 rom for another, I post here .

Comment

I got the rom flashed and I'm happy to report it works perfect my Visio 4k display
        I did have one Google play services Stopped error. and Adaway crashed a couple of times

I'm also having a problem writing to the ext_sdcard but I'm pretty sure that's a A7 thing I need to figure out

Comment

Originally posted by clsA
          I got the rom flashed and I'm happy to report it works perfect my Visio 4k display
          I did have one Google play services Stopped error. and Adaway crashed a couple of times

I'm also having a problem writing to the ext_sdcard but I'm pretty sure that's a A7 thing I need to figure out
          Not sure if this will help but here's a link to a bunch of A7 stuff for the rk3399 (kernel maybe) https://mega.nz/#F!EHBySBhY!QDmwRDvYFfs5lR6QYuXoOQ

Maybe Superceleron can find a use for it
          It's for a VS-RD-RK3399 Board 

Source: http://www.cnx-software.com/2017/08/...documentation/

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clsA View Post
            Not sure if this will help but here's a link to a bunch of A7 stuff for the rk3399 (kernel maybe) https://mega.nz/#F!EHBySBhY!QDmwRDvYFfs5lR6QYuXoOQ

Maybe Superceleron can find a use for it
            It's for a VS-RD-RK3399 Board*

Source: http://www.cnx-software.com/2017/08/...documentation/

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk
            Oh wow, good find. I think this could well be what we've been waiting for! Or at least, what those of us with HDMI problems have been waiting for

File VS-RD-android7.1-SDK/Patch/readme(en).txt mentions the following:
            Code:
            2¡¢eplace the hardware/rockchip/hwcomposer file with the hwcomposer.rar file

New file solves HDMI display problem
            I checked and hwcomposer.rar file contains a bunch of C++ source code, which I guess is a Linux Kernel module that will need to be compiled?

In the same Patch directory, there is a kernel file: kernel_20170802.tgz. This file appears to contain the full Linux Kernel source tree - README states it's Linux kernel release 4.x, and the file .version says "85" so I assume this is the source for kernel 4.4.85 - slightly newer than the 4.4.71 we have been using up until now.

Hopefully this is all very familiar to SC and he will know how to recompile the kernel to apply this patch and sometime a new ROM build can be made using it? *hopeful*

Thanks, clsA !
            Last edited by TheBloke; 08-20-2017, 00:39.

Comment

There's also some full Android ROMs in there.

Firstly, there's folder VS-RD Software image/Android-ImageFile which contains a bunch of individual .img files, like boot.img, kernel.img, system.img, etc. I don't know how I would flash these individual files (maybe using TWRP Recovery?)

But then there's another folder, OneImageFile which contains two large ROM files - one called update0802.img and one called update0815.img. These look to me to be flashable in the normal way!

I've downloaded the one dated August 15th (pretty new!) and am trying to flash it now.. fingers' crossed!

(I'm not expecting this to be a fully usable ROM.. but at the least if it gives me Android 7.1.2 with working HDMI, I will be happy knowing the kernel/firmware is now fixed.)
              Last edited by TheBloke; 08-20-2017, 01:03.

Comment

OK so the "update0815" ROM boots and seems to work (even WiFi and Bluetooth work). But it does not solve the HDMI problem - though it does slightly improve it.

When it first turns on, it displays a "Videostrong" splash screen at 1280x720. But then it immediately drops to 1024x768.

When booted into the ROM there are now some HDMI resolution options, but very limited: 1024x768; 800x600; 848x480; 640x480.

So this is a small improvement on the H96 Max ROMs, where the only option was 848x480. But of course 1024x768 is still not much good!

I note that the Kernel version is only 4.4.55, earlier than the kernel version tree. However it does have a recent compile date, August 14th. So I don't know if this ROM is meant to contain the HDMI fix or not. Hopefully it does not, as otherwise it means the fix only adds one more resolution

Or maybe there could be another issue - for example, the Videostrong Dev Board has a Mali T864 GPU and the H96 Max has a T860, so perhaps there could be a driver issue in this ROM?

Either way, I hope this test proves nothing. Hopefully SC can sometime try the new kernel source and hwcomposer patch in a proper H96 Max ROM

Last edited by TheBloke; 08-20-2017, 02:03.

Comment

Yes i already have this, i dont have time now to deal with it... i have other devices to work on so this one have to wait a bit longer now!

Comment

Hi TheBloke ,

T864 and T860 i think it is the same the 4 only stands for the Cores .

ARM has unveiled five new media related chip designs: the Mali-T820, T830, T860 GPUs, plus the Mali-V550 video decoder, and Mali DP-550 display processor.

but i am no GPU Pro .

greetings

gefattern

Comment

All 3399 have the same GPU.
                      T864 or T860 is the same thing

Comment

To be 100% precise Mali T864 = T860MP4 (multi processing).
                        RK3288 2GB/16GB OC 1.9GHz at 1.2V RAM [email protected] Wasser's 3.0.11 firmware
                        Out: monitor FullHD 16:9, 3.5" jack headphones; In: remote control, USB HUB: keyboard + mouse + pendrive
                        bricked: VOYO V1 mini 8G/64GB Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                        All 3399 have the same GPU.
                        T864 or T860 is the same thing

Hello SC,

Could You please Update the IR codes for some reason this version of the Build is Missing 3 IR Remote codes all the rest work fine.
                        Very Strange ...

The Below 3 codes are Missing ...
                        ir_key1
                        { rockchip,usercode = <0x4040>;
                        rockchip,key_table = <0xf0 0xe3 0xea>;
                        };

Any chance You can Add them back in .. Please ...
                        Thanks In advance ...
                        Michael T.
                        3.0.x Lollipop firmware RK3288 By Wasser/ My Standard Remote IR
                        CVSB-K200-Wireless Mini QWERTY Keyboard / Motion Mouse for Android RF
                        Rii Mini i25 Qwerty Keyboard/Motion Mouse For Android RF
                        Media Flow Suite ... 24 TB ReadyNas Pro wired 1 GB Ethernet

Comment

Ok guys... i was going to rls a SCV2 but due to the 4k tv detection bug(you need to disconnect the hdmi and reconnect it to show img) im going to wait for them to fix that sh*t in the kernel... this time lets see if they dont break anything else!!!
                          So sorry guys!
                          ( Lucky trebor that is testing it lol )

Comment

Working...
                          X