This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack4speed3

so did you find where is the short pins to enter in mask rom? i didn't see any photos for this model here..
    Again REGARDS mr atboxshop i am sure you didn't tested it on that box and you don't answer .
    Ive already tested the firmware with my h96 max before posting here. When flash your firmware, what option did you choose?? Restore option is the right one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hi - can I flash this firmware on a Wechip H96 Max 4/32GB? I am assuming they all use the same board but just checking . Bought the box to see how it performs so want to definately try this firmware as I use superceleron firmware on my s912/H96 pro + boxes and am very happy with them..

Comment

From my post 72 in the utube link you can doownload android 7.1.2 nougat. Had trouble with no sound but it was my Sony tv HDMI.

Comment

I saw that but want to try superceleron rom first.

Comment

Waiting for my box to arrive. Whats recommended as safest tool to flash this rom with - latest version RKbatchtool or factorytool? I have used batchtool in the past on rockchip boxes with no problems. I have been reading about the H96 Max getting bricked on this thread and another by people who seemingly followed correct flashing procedure with a 7.1.2 rom. I don't want that to happen to me when I do it - well at least not till I get some use out of it lol
            Last edited by sesdave; 11-06-2017, 17:12.

Comment

Anyone knows where is the short pin for mask ROM mode ?? Thanx in advance!

Comment

My Wechip H96 max just arrived. Has A7.1.2 - 2017921 firmware preinstalled. Connected via an 8x8 HDMI matrix to 6 TVs some UHD 4K others HD 1080p- connected 1920x1080p by default. No issues with any of the Samsung/LG mix. Didnt see a 4K option but I cant see my mouse pointer when I try to use that anyway so I dont Antutu = 83993 I think I will run with this rom until SCV2 is released.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg Views:	1 Size:	43.6 KB ID:	685532
                Last edited by sesdave; 11-14-2017, 09:20.

Comment

Originally posted by sesdave View Post
                  My Wechip H96 max just arrived. Has A7.1.2 - 2017921 firmware preinstalled. Connected via an 8x8 HDMI matrix to 6 TVs some UHD 4K others HD 1080p- connected 1920x1080p by default. No issues with any of the Samsung/LG mix. Didnt see a 4K option but I cant see my mouse pointer when I try to use that anyway so I dont Antutu = 83993 I think I will run with this rom until SCV2 is released.
                  Hello, I'm trying to understund if the problems I have depends on firmware or there are other reasons. I'm using the same firmware revision.
                  Are you able to power off the box with IR remote ?
                  Are you able to use DTS or DOLBY passthrough ?
                  How you configured sounds on settings ?
                  Thanks for your help.

Comment

Hi - remote off puts it to sleep not off. Not an issue for me as I leave it and all my other boxes on 24/7 as I have a sportsbar. . Sounds settings left on default e,g system sounds on- audio device not selected. Plays audio fine through hdmi connected to tv which is connected by headphone socket to my amp. Havent tried AV or SPDIF audio out yet. DTS/DOLBY passthrough - dont know dont use it.
                    Last edited by sesdave; 11-15-2017, 05:04.

Comment

Hi - remote off puts it to sleep not off. Not an issue for me as I leave it and all my other boxes on 24/7 as I have a sportsbar. . Sounds settings left on default e,g system sounds on- audio device not selected. Plays audio fine through hdmi connected to tv which is connected by headphone socket to my amp. Havent tried AV or SPDIF audio out yet. DTS/DOLBY passthrough - dont know dont use it.
                      Ok, the same for me. The IR remote issue is: press power off and keep pressed: after a couple of seconds a menu appears and you can select if you want to reboot or power off. Both option cause a reboot. No way to power off.
                      Power off is needed to change the connected USB HDD, because inserting a disk cause a reboot of the box.

Comment

The current firmware has some flaws but overall it appears a very good box. Tell me a box that didnt have firmware issues on first release. It may currently cost twice as much as an S912 but I think it gives bang for bucks. Running my IPTV packs sports streams flawlessly which is what I want it for. I am sure it can only get better especially when superceleron releases an SCV2

Comment

Ye.. i need to rls it.. no time at all lately.. !

Comment

Waiting in anticipation for your release

StephenP94 - as the box wont power off using remote try this apk by Petrus http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...262-reboot-app. Options for power off/restart and recovery. Work fine. Should have downloaded from playstore but the reboot app cant be found - that seems to be a playstore issue for numerous apps on this box.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
                              Ye.. i need to rls it.. no time at all lately.. !
                              Hey superceleron my h96 max will not turn on after powering off with your firmware from first post this is a new box from gearbest that came with android 7.1 pre-installed i noticed the board inside the box is blue and i have another h96 max that came with android 6.0 and the board is green is this why the new h96max with the blue board wont power on after flashing? Do you have a firmware for the new h96 max with the blue board?
                              thank you for all your hard work its much appreciated cant wait for scv2 release

Comment

StephenP94 - as the box wont power off using remote try this apk by Petrus http://freaktab.com/forum/developmen...262-reboot-app. Options for power off/restart and recovery. Work fine. Should have downloaded from playstore but the reboot app cant be found - that seems to be a playstore issue for numerous apps on this box.
                                I tried that app but it works exactly as the IR remote: you select power off and the system reboot.

Comment

Working...
                                X