Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S PRO W TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardware revision v2.0
    TWRP is loading normally, but USB=0Mb
    SD=0Mb
    Local=0Mb

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Hmmm....I'm seeing local, SD and USB storage just fine. (In fact, I develop the custom ROM on the device using TWRP, so it gets smoke tested pretty well in that process.) I do, however, have the 1.0 hardware revision, so it's possible what we're seeing is chipset specific. Seems like that should affect the boot partition too, though, which is running the same kernel. Anyone else seeing this problem with TWRP?

Hello can you please help me. I got mecool pro w box, installed latest Android rom from you over usb. Its stuck now on red light cant turn it on at all. Also when I unplug it and plug it back red light comes instantly, cant go in recovery

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like you have a corrupted bootloader. You can try to flash a known-good burn package (.img file) using USB Burning Tool. If it's not recognized by your PC, you'll have to short pins on the eMMC to enter Mask ROM Mode. https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/mai...short-location

which bur package should I use

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      The safest bet would be to use whatever OEM firmware it shipped with.

Hello Magendanz, I use this M8S_PRO_W-V0213_TVStock-20190216.img. ROM runs fast and stable mecool pro w rev 2.0 and mecool pro w kutie rev 2.2. TWRP does not work properly, so I reset the initial recovery.

Comment

Guest commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, as you indicated above. I'm not sure why only your devices seem to be affected, though. I also need some clarification on what you mean by "does not work properly". Does it boot? Is it just not seeing the eMMC? I'm using the fstab from the OEM stock recovery, so I don't think that's it.

I have this version of box

cant find what pins to short anywhere
    help please

Comment

Hardware revision v2.0 i v2.2
      TWRP is loading normally, but USB=0Mb
      SD=0Mb
      Local=0Mb

Comment

I have upgraded to the latest version from the stock firmware and the enter (OK) button on virtual keyboard is not working. For example if i open google store and try to enter the text the keyboard shows up but pressing ok button on the letter just closes the virtual keyboard. I have tried on both available keyboards and the result is the same.

The ok button works for example in youtube app since it uses its own keyboard. Otherwise the ok-enter button works, only in keyboard does not.
        Is there something I can do or. do I have to go back to official firmware?

TNX

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Have you tried both virtual keyboards?

Yes on both. It is the same issues.

Comment

Does anyone has the same issue? I have this one remote https://www.banggood.com/ru/Mecool-M...p-1323732.html but have also tried with different 2.4 remote and it is the same issue.
          If there is no fix is there a link to latest official firmware that i can use to upgrade from OTA?

TNX

Comment

Originally posted by illiac4 View Post
            Does anyone has the same issue? I have this one remote https://www.banggood.com/ru/Mecool-M...p-1323732.html but have also tried with different 2.4 remote and it is the same issue.
            If there is no fix is there a link to latest official firmware that i can use to upgrade from OTA?

TNX
            OTA UPDATE

M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213,

Comment

I dont know wether my airmouse issue is related to yours ....

the Stock remote's ok button is working on my device but airmouse's not...

in my case s905x device

Comment

Hmm it does not work. Those are the same as Magendanz I need an official one (because keyboard does not work) like the one installed from factory. I have tried to create sd card to boot it and update it but does not work.

Comment

Originally posted by illiac4 View Post

Hmm it does not work. Those are the same as Magendanz I need an official one (because keyboard does not work) like the one installed from factory. I have tried to create sd card to boot it and update it but does not work.
                  M8S_PRO_W-ota-20180802.182556.V0213 - official

Comment

Have tried this one but it says taht it can not update with error code 7. Saying that i can not install older version.

Comment

It asks for password.

Comment

Guest commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Damn file server defaults! Could you give it another try?
                  Working...
                  X