This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
    Thanks for responding! Did you clone after recompile and sign? Or before?
    You clone it after you have finished it completely IF android doesn't let you install it because of a conflict, if android allows you to install it then there's no need.

So I decompiled with APK Studio.
    Set same resolution for icons ins drawable mdpi v4?
    I at least scaled the new icons I used to the same resolution they were in inside the decompiled folder, and it's working perfectly like that. Can you use different resolutions? I don't know, as I didn't try.

Could you kindly advise howto sign and clone?

I built up and exported
    I used Easy APK Tool for everything, and with that program is just too easy to do everything and petty much self explanatory. I cloned it in Android using an app callled App Cloner. Yes, very creative name for an clone making app, I know... hehehe
    Last edited by ajape; 08-16-2018, 08:23.

Comment

stops while installing: PARSING ERROR.

Ah...how did you sign the app?

Comment

stops while installing: PARSING ERROR.

Ah...how did you sign the app?
        soldiaz I just threw the recompiled apk on top of the button that says "sign APK" in the Easy APK Tool main screen. Keep in mind, I'm just a user like you, I'm not a developer or a programmer, so for all we know there could be a million ways to do this easier or we could be going about this wrong either way for many different reasons, lol

You should really ask someone who actually knows what they're doing and knows this stuff very well, like an actual developer, because all I know is what worked for me and that may not be the same for you or your computer system and available software (like the Java SDK version you might be using) perhaps, and I wouldn't even be able to tell you why or why not one way or the other, hehehe
        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
        Last edited by ajape; 08-16-2018, 13:55.

Comment

Krypton you deserve some funds for doing this. I guess I have been out of it and didn't even see this post. I am a bit confused here due to 8 plus pages. So the first post the OP is that the current updated files?

LightHome Launcher K1-271217 - (is this for most tv boxes and it's an install apk file) and for Beelink boxes you just replace the original apk file to this file and has a Kodi button?
          LightHome Launcher for Beelink GT1 Ultimate - (this is only for the Ulitimate Beelink box) all you do is replace the apk file with this one or uninstall LightHome and reinstall with this download and has Kodi button?

I think Krypton did such a great job, lighthome launcher didn't get enough love and now this.

Comment

What.about the keys for signing?

Comment

ok, I now amanged to sign the built apk and I could install it. New icon is embeded but when I clikc on it nothing happens?!?!

Comment

ok, I now amanged to sign the built apk and I could install it. New icon is embeded but when I clikc on it nothing happens?!?!
                soldiaz Check the "strings.xml" files in folder /res/values and in folder /res/values-en-rXA/, if the proper entry is not correctly typed in or if it's on the wrong line, you will get that problem. The line values to replace for ES Explorer would be those in line:

<string name="package_fileManager">

It should read: <string name="package_fileManager">com.estrongs.android.po p</string> when you save it.

For the strings.xml file in /values-en-rXA you need to select the current app name and when it's selected paste com.estrongs.android.pop exactly on top of the selected text to replace it, the file should automatically reverse it for you in Notepad so it shows just like the original destination file name did when you opened it.

Comment

Thanks for your help! I managed to launch 2 apps but one won't launch...

<string name="package_xbmc">com.pecana.iptvextreme</string> Won't launch up
                  <string name="package_kodi">com.pecana.iptvextreme</string> Won't launch up
                  <string name="package_player">com.meson.videoplayer</string>
                  <string name="package_market">com.mobdro.android</string> Launches
                  <string name="package_browser">me.k01d.burningseries</string> Launches
                  <string name="package_file_rockchip">com.android.rockchip</string>
                  <string name="package_file_amlogic">com.droidlogic.FileBro wer</string>
                  <string name="package_file_aw">com.softwinner.TvdFileManag er</string>
                  <string name="package_gallery">com.android.gallery3d</string>
                  <string name="package_setting">com.android.settings</string>

So, wrong package name???

Comment

Too stupid...my fault...package is not installed.....sorry..stupid question

Do you know package name for classic Android settings?

Is it com.android.settings instead of com.android.tv.settings?

Comment

IS this Lighthome launcher too?

Comment

Originally posted by ajape View Post

<string name="package_fileManager">

It should read: <string name="package_fileManager">com.estrongs.android.po p</string> when you save it.

For the strings.xml file in /values-en-rXA you need to select the current app name and when it's selected paste com.estrongs.android.pop exactly on top of the selected text to replace it, the file should automatically reverse it for you in Notepad so it shows just like the original destination file name did when you opened it.
                        I did not understand that point

Comment

soldiaz Yes it is, and if you find that APK please do share it with us, I would LOVE to integrate that hardware monitor in the lower right to our Lighthome launcher!

I did not understand that point
                          soldiaz Well that's something that may not be neccesary for the launcher to work as you want it in the end, I edited that second strings.xml just in case it was needed too, but apparently it's not. Didn't hurt any to try though so I said why not? lol

Comment

Well, maybe I give it a try and delete some directories and see if it is still working then

Comment

Do you know wether this is another lighthome version or is it just another "style":

Comment

Do you know wether this is another lighthome version or is it just another "style":

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_1PjByKd-M...28295%2529.jpg
                                soldiaz Probably just another earlier, older version of the Lighthome launcher, judging by the much older android version it's running in... I have finished modding my version already, so I will probably not be messing around with it anymore, or at least for a long time to come, lol
                                You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
                                X