Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TANIX TX3 Max & Mini - DUAL OS EDITION - LibreELEC + Android -> (S905W)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once in Libreelec - how to I get back to Android? I shut down or reboot and it goes back to Libreelec.

Comment

Originally posted by zepperdude View Post
      Once in Libreelec - how to I get back to Android? I shut down or reboot and it goes back to Libreelec.
      if you are in the default skin, click on teh power icon and it will offer, power off - custom shutdown timer - reboot - reboot to android

but that only works in default skin

I just discovered this with mimic, even if i added an option for activatewindow(shutdownmenu) it was not the modded menu with reboot to android on it

which brings me to the question i just came here to ask

QUESTION: what is the command for "reboot to android" so those using custom kodi skins can add that option to their menus...

Comment

Thanks - I was using Confluence and didn't have the option to reboot to android.

Comment

In Android, I was streaming video in an app and twice the whole box froze up and sound became stuck in rapid loop. Remote had no effect, I had to pull the power and restart.

Comment

When I boot into Android, the interface reports 1920x1080, however KODI reports 720p, as well in the info screen as when playing a 1080p movie.

I cannot alter the resolution. In LibreElec everthing is full 1080p. Is there something I need to specify / alter when using KODI in Android?
            Last edited by Klaafstra99; 01-07-2018, 10:17. Reason: Typo.

Comment

Samba does not work in libreelec. Does not see the server windows. But on the android in kodi
              everything works correctly

Comment

Thanks for all this feedback. Tomorrow I will collect all and make a report.
                Android TV Box direct from China. English & Español

Comment

Perhaps somebody can make a little youtube-clip how the dual boot is working?

Javimetal
                  when i have the dual boot installed, the android part of the rom is the same rom as i have it now installed ? (last ota update zip-rom from 20.12.2017)
                  all my installed apps and settings i will keep ?

as i understood, LibreEELEC is good to use for Kodi, but using the other apps as youtube, browser, terrarium, stremio etc i can boot and work with android, because there is no advantage using LibreELEC. And i boot in LibreELEC when i use Kodi.
                  ​​​​​​​Is this correct?

Comment

• scooter2014
                    scooter2014 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Think of LibreElec as a faster os less bloat ect good for devices with less memory ect kodi runs faster in it. But that's the plus side. Down side is you get just kodi so kinda limited so depends on what you want To do with
                    device.

You'll lose settings apk you have yes.

But can boot into either your choice.

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
                  Perhaps somebody can make a little youtube-clip how the dual boot is working?

Javimetal
                  when i have the dual boot installed, the android part of the rom is the same rom as i have it now installed ? (last ota update zip-rom from 20.12.2017)
                  all my installed apps and settings i will keep ?

as i understood, LibreEELEC is good to use for Kodi, but using the other apps as youtube, browser, terrarium, stremio etc i can boot and work with android, because there is no advantage using LibreELEC. And i boot in LibreELEC when i use Kodi.
                  Is this correct?
                  But why i should loose settings apk, i thought i can make a dirty flash with this rom without wiping system and data.

So is it not like a similar update i did before with the rom-updates from Tanix rom 15.12. to 20.12 rom? (see picture)
                  when i did this update last time with ota update, all me apps and settings still continued as before.

and concerning your comment, that LibreElec has bless bloat and good for devices with less memory, is this also correct for this dual boot rom, where i have two operation systems installed, so more then only LibreElec?
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

With MX Player the DTS pass through doesn't work for me with this firmware I could use the DTS passthrough with beta firmware previously. Can you test this issue please ?

Comment

hello ,a question if i install this dual boot firmware, then i can return to a normal firmware ?

Comment

Originally posted by pierino2010 View Post
                        hello ,a question if i install this dual boot firmware, then i can return to a normal firmware ?
                        Yes, you can always go back to the previous firmware

Comment

Originally posted by laniks View Post

Yes, you can always go back to the previous firmware
                          Thanks but if i go back I can use. Zip update also if the version over firmware is lower? Or I must use pc and USB cable.. That I don t have....? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by dimspace View Post

if you are in the default skin, click on teh power icon and it will offer, power off - custom shutdown timer - reboot - reboot to android

but that only works in default skin

I just discovered this with mimic, even if i added an option for activatewindow(shutdownmenu) it was not the modded menu with reboot to android on it

which brings me to the question i just came here to ask

QUESTION: what is the command for "reboot to android" so those using custom kodi skins can add that option to their menus...
                            1. Give instructions to install some skin where you find reboot problem

2. /usr/sbin/rebootfromnand

Comment

Originally posted by laniks View Post
                              Samba does not work in libreelec. Does not see the server windows. But on the android in kodi
                              everything works correctly
                              Here it is working... maybe need to look a little more on to this issue

Comment

Working...
                              X