• Show
Clear All

Don't update Binary, or you will get loop
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post

Here my used tools links for Android Tool Release(2.43) and Driver Assistance(2.45)

DepositFiles provides you with a legitimate technical solution, which enables you to upload, store, access and download text, software, scripts, images, sounds, videos, animations and any other materials in form of one or several electronic files.

or
      https://k2s.cc/file/ad11557fa0954/An...nstall2.45.rar
      or
      https://rg.to/file/2670d35efbb77f769...l2.45.rar.html

My FW version "20180525"

++

and dont forget to use

>TypeC Adapter
      >Male-Male USB3.0 Cable (I dont know if Male-Male USB2.0 Cable work!)
      Can you please send me the link for your firmware? I always try the 20180522, maybe this is the problem!

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
        Don't update Binary, or you will get loop
        Hi ,

another User could update and reboot SuperSU on a RK3399

Board , he only converted SuperSU to SystemApp after the

update of Binarys , after that he rebooted and all was good ,

no Bootloop . So it looks like SuperSU must be in System to

work well , important is , first convert after Binarys update ,

after that reboot , discribed like that it worked on his CSA96 ,

i think ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by passenger80 View Post

Can you please send me the link for your firmware? I always try the 20180522, maybe this is the problem!
          My latest FW this one;got it from Geekbuying Site!>>> t9_rk3399_d32_ap6255_x99_20180323(隐藏kodi18.0)

Check X99 page on the Geekbuying than you will see this FW link and click it then download to your PC

FYI,yesterday I'v already flashed this one>>>X99_20180522 (root) but today I'v removed this FW than install it above FW(23/3/2018)

I do not like and it and that was again problem with Kodi(18.0)!!! So I need KODI!

Now I'v returned(back) to Geekbuying's given FW;as they have described that with this FW Kodi18.0 is OK even with Rooted FW 22052018 OK
          but this rooted work not proper for me! get it some of BUGS too!

Keep in mind that this BOX not easy! lot of issues having with all FWs!!

++

KODI tip;

Read carefuly this;if you click it KODI icon on Main menu that you warned>>> a new window is opened ans saying>>>"KODI HAS STOPPED Open app again"
          when you will see this window than click again and than Kodi opened!

If you dont this Kodi never opened!

Or you should go to "Settings" and select KODI than click to "OPEN"

So in this respect those Chinese mfg. hidden this Kodi work! and their FW link described "Hidden Kodi 18.0" !!

Such they write Chinese>>>(隐藏kodi18.0)it means Hidden Kodi 18.0

Seems that I do not want to use this Box with "ROOTED"

And finally if you are not willing to use "KODI" ever than do not flash your Device!

++

Comment

Hi gefattern and trebor

Today I'v already re-flashed my Box to 20180323(Geekbuying link) its not Rooted and seems only to work for "Kodi18.0"
            And it works but kinda difficult! I'v also explained with my above msg+

KODI is important for me and with this FW,at least Kodi is working right now+

Rooted X99 at present not important for me!

Beside lot of issues/Bugs are remain! so no need SuperSU FW or something else

Thanks of all your efforts for this Device

++

Comment

Hi gefattern and trebor

Today I'v already re-flashed my Box to 20180323(Geekbuying link) its not Rooted and seems only to work for "Kodi18.0"
              And it works but kinda difficult! I'v also explained with my above msg+

KODI is important for me and with this FW,at least Kodi is working right now+

Rooted X99 at present not important for me!

Beside lot of issues/Bugs are remain! so no need SuperSU FW or something else

Thanks of all your efforts for this Device

++
              Hi ,

many Users use "root" for BackupApps / Firewall / ADBlocker /System App

deloating / System Tweaks and many more ,

i really need it , without useless , not so good .

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

one more , i found out that there are two different Settings be used ,

if you press on Homescreen the Settings Button you get to the full

Settings Page (moreSettings) , on top left you can pull out a second

swipe Menu (white colored) , if you press in AppDrawer on Settings ,

on the Right side the dark Settings pops up , in this Settings you can

change under Display the Resolution and some other things , but all

Functions are already implented on the left , but , only the Resolution

Settings not , stupid to make all double , why not adding it to the left

Settings , ready , why extra this stupid "TvSettings" , i really prefer the

left one , even uninstalling Apps from there is difficult , could only

uninstall if i stayed with Cursor of Mouse for the OK word , behind

no reaction or bad , wrong programmed frames or similar ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

many Users use "root" for BackupApps / Firewall / ADBlocker /System App

deloating / System Tweaks and many more ,

i really need it , without useless , not so good .

greetings / gefattern

Yep again I'v back to Rooted FW now

Because "Hide18.0" FW faulty not working stable with KODI 18.0 so dont upgrade this FW which was Geekbuying given on their site!
                  Now I got it again 20180525 Rooted FW and seems Kodi 16.7 works well but 18.0 risky!!

++

When I check from GooglePlayStore;SuperSU request Update but its not working!
                  So I let it and dont know what should I know?

++

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post
                    Hi ,

one more , i found out that there are two different Settings be used ,

if you press on Homescreen the Settings Button you get to the full

Settings Page (moreSettings) , on top left you can pull out a second

swipe Menu (white colored) , if you press in AppDrawer on Settings ,

on the Right side the dark Settings pops up , in this Settings you can

change under Display the Resolution and some other things , but all

Functions are already implented on the left , but , only the Resolution

Settings not , stupid to make all double , why not adding it to the left

Settings , ready , why extra this stupid "TvSettings" , i really prefer the

left one , even uninstalling Apps from there is difficult , could only

uninstall if i stayed with Cursor of Mouse infront the OK word , behind

no reaction or bad , wrong programmed frames or similar ???

greetings / gefattern

Sorry but I really do not undertstand your description for the "Settings" works??

Or are you talking about something another Launcher?

Mine is;Main Menu(Launcher's)On top left "Cleaner Icon" beside this icon "Settings Icon"(Grey base colour-white gear)
                    and bottom line(third row) another Settings Icon but same sets!
                    Last edited by gefattern; 06-25-2018, 21:40. Reason: correction

Comment

• gefattern
                      gefattern commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hi if i have the Time i make some Screenshots , greetings / gefattern

I just wanted to say a big thank you, I at last managed to flash my box successfully! The problem was the flashing software, I tried everythnig (driver assistand, factory tool, rkbatch tool, android tool 2.3.9) and nothing worked! The only one that did it was android tool 2.43! I dont know if anyone here did it with something else but i tried everytng, i was about to throw it away! Now it works perfectly and kodi works fine too (until now at least!).

Comment

Good for you passanger+

Dont try "Kodi 18.0 Alpha"! its not stable!
                      Install Kodi 17.6 and its O.K

Android Tool Release 2.43 OK
                      Driver Assistance 2.45 OK

Today I'v re-flashed my Box but this time I didnt success at first attempt! because it was stopped at 77% !!! and got warned "Upgrade Failed"!
                      Then re-attempt and this time 100% success!
                      But when Drive check it was again stopped 4% !!!
                      Then I'v re-upraded the FW and got it 100% and Drive check 100%

Seems sometime happened unknown actions and we have to do same upgrade action couple of times,such today I successed at 3rd.attempt!
                      But yesterday 1st.attemp than successed

++

Comment

Originally posted by passenger80 View Post
                        I just wanted to say a big thank you, I at last managed to flash my box successfully! The problem was the flashing software, I tried everythnig (driver assistand, factory tool, rkbatch tool, android tool 2.3.9) and nothing worked! The only one that did it was android tool 2.43! I dont know if anyone here did it with something else but i tried everytng, i was about to throw it away! Now it works perfectly and kodi works fine too (until now at least!).
                        Hi ,

hope you now can stay on it , good luck

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Good for you passanger+

Dont try "Kodi 18.0 Alpha"! its not stable!
                          Install Kodi 17.6 and its O.K

Android Tool Release 2.43 OK
                          Driver Assistance 2.45 OK

Today I'v re-flashed my Box but this time I didnt success at first attempt! because it was stopped at 77% !!! and got warned "Upgrade Failed"!
                          Then re-attempt and this time 100% success!
                          But when Drive check it was again stopped 4% !!!
                          Then I'v re-upraded the FW and got it 100% and Drive check 100%

Seems sometime happened unknown actions and we have to do same upgrade action couple of times,such today I successed at 3rd.attempt!
                          But yesterday 1st.attemp than successed

++
                          Hi ,

to all others , i only want to report that i was able to connect

in LoaderMode , with the Cable i bought , without any Problems ,

later i flash and report results

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi to all ,

flashed the X99 without any Problems with rooted Version , i used

AT2.42 & Drivers4.6 , all good ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Congratulation my friend

I'v used for flashing programs with AT2.43 and DA2.45

And my connection combination+cables etc., below

>TypeC(USB3.1) Adapter(one end MALE to connect Device port and the other end Female Type for connection with USB3.0 cable)
                              >USB3.0 Cable MALE-MALE type

Connection method;TypeC Adapter connected to Device-USB3.0 Cable(Male end)connected to Adapter Female end and the other end of
                              USB3.0 Cable Male end to the connected PC(USB3.0)port

++

Comment

Working...
                              X