X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EagleMK View Post
    Hi All,

I am experiencing some of the same problems on my x99:

1. Unable to update SuperSU via the PlayStore.
    2. Unable to run Titanium batch backup. The search bar and the menu in the right upper corner are missing as well as the navigation bar. I can get to the batch options using the "menu" button on the remote control but can't actually run the backup command (the "run" button appears to be grayed out despite all the apps being selected.) Not to worried about the nav bar as it's not particularly useful on a TV box and the third party ones work just fine.
    3. I am on the 7.1.2 version of the Android, latest firmware which i flashed using the SD card.

There might be a way to install the SuperSU from the zip file ( https://download.chainfire.eu/1220/S...1001224502.zip ) using the FK Kernel Manager https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.kernel&hl=en . But I haven't tried it:

a. The program is $3.99
    b. I am afraid of bricking the device and don't feel like re-flashing the firmware and starting from scratch (especially without the Titanum backup file).

If anyone wants to try it let me know how it goes.
    Also, has anyone actually succeeded in installing an Oreo ROM from another RK3399 device?

Thanks
    Hi ,

i can only backup my Apps one by one , we all have the same Problem , the only thing we can do ,

we must send this Info to the Dev. of TB , about SuperSU , we need a new working Version for this ,

but better will be full Magisk support , without Dev. support , nothing change ,

do you know that this works on X99 , with FK KM , is this not for Phones , Franco Kernel ???

further good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

i can only backup my Apps one by one , we all have the same Problem , the only thing we can do ,

we must send this Info to the Dev. of TB , about SuperSU , we need a new working Version for this ,

but better will be full Magisk support , without Dev. support , nothing change ,

do you know that this works on X99 , with FK KM , is this not for Phones , Franco Kernel ???

further good luck / gefattern

Hi Gefattern,

FK KM (yes Franco Kernel Manager) is a new way to flash ZIPs without recovery. FlashFire is another app but older and it crashes on our device. I have thought about trying to flash the new SuperSU from the ZIP but afraid it will cause boot loops and brick the device. Also, the app is $3.99.

Thanks,
      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mo123 View Post
        Hi All,

mo123
        #824.1
        mo123 commented
        05-19-2019, 04:03
        Any SuperSU you flash will brick your device and cause a bootloop.
        Only firmwares I made had the correct fixes included to not cause a bootloop.
        Never buy WeChip devices again since you will never get updates or any support.
        Radxa Rock Pi 4 RK3399 is a 10x better RK3399 product and costs the same.
        Also, has anyone actually succeeded in installing an Oreo ROM from another RK3399 device?

Thanks
        Wait, you made a firmware for this device? Can you make an Oreo one?

Comment

• mo123
          mo123 commented
          Editing a comment
          I made Nougat and Oreo firmwares for other Rockchip RK3288, R3229, RK3328 devices.
          I won't be making any ROM for this device as the manufacturer provides no support after I contacted them a few times.
          Other RK3399 devices already have AndroidTV Pie firmwares, even newer than Oreo.

Originally posted by Nixcore View Post
        I am using Apex Launcher, and tried it for an month.
        Fast, reliable and easy to setup.

Wonder to give Apex Pro an shoot, anyone else using paid pro version?
        The free version of the Apex Launcher took a turn for the worst about 10 months ago, here is a discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/Android/com...ncher_heres_a/

I have since switched to the free version of the Nova launcher and it is better in my opinion after the free Apex "updates". I have also uninstalled the stock X99 launcher using the ADB commands over Wi-Fi.

Comment

Originally posted by slmq View Post
          Thanks, found...but kodi tere has a problem with HDR UHD.
          I DO get 4K with YouTube, not HDR however.

Comment

I DO get 4K with YouTube, not HDR however.
            Hi ,

which FW Version is installed ???

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

greetings / gefattern
              Hi gefattern,

I am on M3399.02.00.d32 firmware. I set my Display resolution in Settings to 4K. See attached screenshots including (TV input source INFO, YouTube video info):

Click image for larger version  Name:	20190523_162935~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	148.3 KB ID:	773571
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20190523_162911~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	88.3 KB ID:	773572
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20190523_162802~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	773573
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20190523_162650~2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	93.5 KB ID:	773574

Thanks,
              Mike
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi ,

greetings / gefattern
                Sorry here is the Build number: rk3399_box-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47K eng.foxluo.20180525.135322 test-keys
                Kernel version 4.4.103

Comment

Sorry here is the Build number: rk3399_box-userdebug 7.1.2 NHG47K eng.foxluo.20180525.135322 test-keys
                  Kernel version 4.4.103
                  Hi ,

i use this Version too , until now the best off all available FW for our X99 Box ,

there is a new FW for the MK39 , same PCB/Wifichip , as our Box use , but i really

not think that this FW shall make the difference , and the X99 is my daily Driver ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

i use this Version too , until now the best off all available FW for our X99 Box ,

there is a new FW for the MK39 , same PCB/Wifichip , as our Box use , but i really

not think that this FW shall make the difference , and the X99 is my daily Driver ,

greetings / gefattern
                    Has anyone tried it? Also what version of Android is the MK39 firmware?

Mike

Comment

Has anyone tried it? Also what version of Android is the MK39 firmware?

Mike
                      Hi ,

it is still 7.1.2 i think , but if you happy with that , i would not test it ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

it is still 7.1.2 i think , but if you happy with that , i would not test it ,

greetings / gefattern
                        There appears to be a new firmware available for our box it is dated 12-22-18. Has anyone tried it?

You have ready to download a new firmware for the TV-Box X99 that integrates the Hexa Core RK3399 SoC. It also integrates 4 GB of DDR3 RAM, 32 GB of eMMc

Comment

There appears to be a new firmware available for our box it is dated 12-22-18. Has anyone tried it?

https://androidpctv.com/firmware-tv-...oc-12-22-2018/
                          Hi ,

not sure , but if here not available , it should be new , already tested ,

looks like it has "root" , thanks for Info ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

same Rom as uploaded Pages before , but if Info is right on the Link ,

this one is "rooted" , hope so ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hi ,

same Rom as uploaded Pages before , but if Info is right on the Link ,

this one is "rooted" , hope so ,

good luck / gefattern
                              The img file name has a Chinese for "hidden" Kodi once unzipped. I am wondering if anyone has tried? Maybe it is rooted properly with updatable SuperSU? Maybe some of our bugs are fixed?

Has anyone tried?

Comment

Working...
                              X