Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

You Tube? It's the last thing I use as it its mostly clips not movies, or red which us low budget and fan funded shorts... ever try Movies Anywhere, Vudu or Sony 4K app. Those apps don't care what box you have, as long as it has the ability to play HD or better content.

I have 30 streaming apps, and half are tablet / phone based, which have pretty good picture. Well enough for 65" television. HBO Go and a few other paid subscription through providers carry DTS streams, even though they are phone / tablet apps.

I don't have any issues with using an air mouse with full keyboard on back side remote, for apps that are mouse or touch driven.
    I use YouTube ten times more than Netflix.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

You Tube? It's the last thing I use as it its mostly clips not movies, or red which us low budget and fan funded shorts... ever try Movies Anywhere, Vudu or Sony 4K app. Those apps don't care what box you have, as long as it has the ability to play HD or better content.

I have 30 streaming apps, and half are tablet / phone based, which have pretty good picture. Well enough for 65" television. HBO Go and a few other paid subscription through providers carry DTS streams, even though they are phone / tablet apps.

I don't have any issues with using an air mouse with full keyboard on back side remote, for apps that are mouse or touch driven.
      I used You tube to see if the streaming would go ok through it as I am getting free content creators in HD normally. Suffice to say it didn't. All legal streamings here are restricted to SD resolution. I guess I can try to find a tube TV.

Where do you live? In Brazil, we have Amazon and Looke, which already restricted access only to 480p. Now Netflix and Google joined in. I left the "alternative means" to get entertainment when I signed Netflix. In 6 years, I have NEVER EVER had any of their super priced certified devices, which mostly aren't even available in Brazil, run the Android TV that I don't like and have hardware restrictions such as the impossibility to use an air mouse or ethernet connection.

I am actually informing myself of these new alternatives. I prefer to pay, I was paying... WAS being the operative word here.

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I do too. I have at least 200 channels. The good thing is that they are 200 channels that I really like.

Comment

Originally posted by Angeluffy View Post
        Netflix is being killed off in all devices. The whole entertainment streaming media is doing it by the way. I have a Mecool, a MK809V, Tanix 3 mini and a MX10. All of them aren't running anything over 480p. I believe this sudden move has something to do with the fact that Widevine L3 protection was hacked some days ago.

I already unsubscribed from Netflix as I am a five years paying costumer that never used their services beyond streaming, never downloaded anything. I can?t buy one of the devices they approve off as I don't have the money.Thirty minutes ago I also tried to rent a movie from Google Play, which not a month ago was showing HD just fine, and the resolution I could get was 480p no matter if on their Google Play Movie or the You tube.

All chinese boxes are now useless for streaming anything beyond Youtube.
        Huh?
        I still get hidef VOD from my iptv. Tubi TV is fine. And is free. So are Crackle and Pluto . Should I even include BeeTV, Cyberflix, Kodi and ShowHd? Rent movies from Google ? LOL No, thanks. Most tv's now have Netflix , Prime and Hulu built in now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Funny, but me too.
          All my sports replays are on youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

Huh?
            I still get hidef VOD from my iptv. Tubi TV is fine. And is free. So are Crackle and Pluto . Should I even include BeeTV, Cyberflix, Kodi and ShowHd? Rent movies from Google ? LOL No, thanks. Most tv's now have Netflix , Prime and Hulu built in now anyway.
            You have to sign a cable/satellite tv to access Crackle in Brazil. You don't get it free anymore.

My TV is 7 years old and it had netflix, but Philips removed it a long time ago. I am not going to get a new tv as I have perfectly functional HD boxes lying around just because Netflix/Google/Hollyweird are worried I will pay to rip their content. Let alone the fact I won't be able to use a air mouse with any of their "certified" devices.

Hulu is US based and Prime is the same BS as netflix 480p, the only difference being that it was like this since the beginning, while Netflix only started their bs last tuesday.

I guess I am screwed for living in Brazil.

Comment

I am seriously thinking about terminating my Netflix account, since I rarely use it. Guess it depends on other members in my household, if they want to keep it.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

You have to sign a cable/satellite tv to access Crackle in Brazil. You don't get it free anymore.

My TV is 7 years old and it had netflix, but Philips removed it a long time ago. I am not going to get a new tv as I have perfectly functional HD boxes lying around just because Netflix/Google/Hollyweird are worried I will pay to rip their content. Let alone the fact I won't be able to use a air mouse with any of their "certified" devices.

Hulu is US based and Prime is the same BS as netflix 480p, the only difference being that it was like this since the beginning, while Netflix only started their bs last tuesday.

I guess I am screwed for living in Brazil.
                Don't you have HBO Go Brazil? It's not all that bad living in Brazil, you have the biggest and best party, sun, football, women, and an obscure band called Elektrica. I may have miss spelt their name, but you may find an underground CD title called SOB, with a hot Brazilian woman giving the finger to a CCTV camera. Don't understand Brazilian but I don't care as long as the songs are cool and the singer can sing, which he does and mixes American English in as well.

Comment

I think that if you care about Netflix or any other paid service, just sell your mecool box to someone who doesn't and buy a FireTV or a Mi Box those are the best choices in my opinion. If you also want games the get an Nvidia shield for your self.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't you have HBO Go Brazil? It's not all that bad living in Brazil, you have the biggest and best party, sun, football, women, and an obscure band called Elektrica. I may have miss spelt their name, but you may find an underground CD title called SOB, with a hot Brazilian woman giving the finger to a CCTV camera. Don't understand Brazilian but I don't care as long as the songs are cool and the singer can sing, which he does and mixes American English in as well.
                    HBO Go is more expensive and I am not a HBO kind of girl (the same reason Indon't care for Brazilian women ).

Comment

Originally posted by Geekstuff4fun View Post
                      I think that if you care about Netflix or any other paid service, just sell your mecool box to someone who doesn't and buy a FireTV or a Mi Box those are the best choices in my opinion. If you also want games the get an Nvidia shield for your self.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
                      I may buy them but I may also never receive as our FCC decided to bitch about devices that aren't registered here (the fee $$) and are confiscating them in customs. We don't have any of them here. It is either fire stick (air mouse?) or a tv (air mouse again?). Naaaah! I like the way I use my box.

Maybe a new mini PC with Windows and Edge, but... I won't buy a fifth device so I can watch what I am paying when I have perfectly functioning ones.

iTunes and Google learned their lessons with proprietary codecs and nowadays they sell music in the mp3 format and I can play anywhere I want, either my ten years old mp3 player, the mp3 player of my two years old car or my moto G5.

I ask everyone that is rushing to buy a new device: Who is to garantee that Netflix/Google/Amazon/etc won't later decertify a certified device anyway? My 8 years old full hd TV once supported Netflix, but the app was removed in one of its updates. That was why I bought my first box. I learned my lesson.

I can't imagine a bank deciding that you will only access its internet banking if you have an Apple computer.

I am not obliged to go with these companies BS. I can watch any YouTube video at 720p/1080p, except the ones I pay for (480p) with these restrictions. Deal with this for a moment. The free stuff is better quality than the paid one.

I am not buying anything. Who is losing? I am over paid services anyway.

Comment

I may buy them but I may also never receive as our FCC decided to bitch about devices that aren't registered here (the fee $$) and are confiscating them in customs. We don't have any of them here. It is either fire stick (air mouse?) or a tv (air mouse again?). Naaaah! I like the way I use my box.

Maybe a new mini PC with Windows and Edge, but... I won't buy a fifth device so I can watch what I am paying when I have perfectly functioning ones.

iTunes and Google learned their lessons with proprietary codecs and nowadays they sell music in the mp3 format and I can play anywhere I want, either my ten years old mp3 player, the mp3 player of my two years old car or my moto G5.

I ask everyone that is rushing to buy a new device: Who is to garantee that Netflix/Google/Amazon/etc won't later decertify a certified device anyway? My 8 years old full hd TV once supported Netflix, but the app was removed in one of its updates. That was why I bought my first box. I learned my lesson.

I can't imagine a bank deciding that you will only access its internet banking if you have an Apple computer.

I am not obliged to go with these companies BS. I can watch any YouTube video at 720p/1080p, except the ones I pay for (480p) with these restrictions. Deal with this for a moment. The free stuff is better quality than the paid one.

I am not buying anything. Who is losing? I am over paid services anyway.
                        Well said.

Comment

Hi guys

are you talking about "picture quality" or "contents"!

For "contents" just ignore it NETFlix!
                          There is a long&wide ways to contents&pic.quality so long live "Internet"

Comment

Ok by the way i wanted to tell the version that works, try aptoide and install the version from 19 dec will work with airmouse.. Not sure of hd though

Comment

Any solution;for netflix;

Comment

Buy a MI Box, Amazon Fire TV, or other certified device if you need Netflix and Other paid streaming services to work as intended.
                                Having a certified Unit as well as Non is the best of both worlds.
                                treboR
                                Please consider
                                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                                X