Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Netflix in HD is being killed in some of the Chinese boxes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smartphone apk runs SD...can confirm

Comment

my mecool pro plus, miracast get a black screen on netflix, there's any other alternative? i've tested a few diferent casts apps, no one worked so far...

Comment

Netflix Smartphone apk runs on my box. Is Tablet Version same? If not can someone Point to tha Tablet apk?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
          Netflix Smartphone apk runs on my box. Is Tablet Version same? If not can someone Point to tha Tablet apk?
          If it runs, it is the tablet version (black/red) .
          The android tv variant (white/red) doesnt work (banned)

Comment

Yes, it is black / red.

So Tablet Version is identical to smartphone ?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post
              Yes, it is black / red.

So Tablet Version is identical to smartphone ?
              I assume yes.

Comment

ok, thanks!

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just to help provide some more information.

Android TV Google Certified devices all have Widevine L1, however some of the Chinese manufacturers have had their keys blacklisted by Netflix as they released software updates spoofing other devices in order to get Netflix ATV version working. Dec 18 when Tork24 3.2.2 ATV version stopped working.

I can also say we deal with their so called partnership team and they seem pretty useless or as they put it ?resource constrained?, even when using a Hailstorm approved ODM it would seem they only really want a few specific partners to be able to use their app and provide no real certification path or checklist like Google do in order to get it done.

It would seem that it is also not about volume as one of the Google certified Chinese manufacturers told me they sold 500k units in a year and were told it?s because they(Netflix) are ?operator focused right now? which it is not either otherwise they would add far more telcos and ISP customers using Hailstorm(fast track approval program).

Must be part of their master plan?

Thanks

Comment

• trebor
                    trebor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    All about the $ they can get from Partners first customer second
                    Business I guess,

I emailed Mecool on Wednesday regarding my Netflix that stopped working on my m8s L pro I have yet to hear back from anyone :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                    I emailed Mecool on Wednesday regarding my Netflix that stopped working on my m8s L pro I have yet to hear back from anyone :-(

I sent an e-mail about 3 months and didn't get any feedback...

Comment

Originally posted by pokagamet
                      netflix app is working on s7 edge
                      Thankyou bro
                      FAKE !!!

Comment

Emulators is best way to use apps
                        here is the list of best emulators

Comment

So I tried using the latest CoreELEC and installed Netflix as stated and it works.

The same app gives errors if I just run my standard android.

If the boxes keys are blacklisted so it doesn't work, doesn't CoreELEC have to use the same keys from the box ? yet it works.

Just trying to understand the logic of how it could work?

Oh FYI Mecool never did get back to me regarding why their Box advertised as Netflix compatible doesn't work anymore. LOL....

Did anyone get a method to use stock rom with M8S Pro L LQ version to work with Netflix again? After reading 54 pages it looks grim.

I use a few apk's so Android is my best option, but unless there is an easy way to boot from sd card to rom without ejecting sd card not the best option.

Cheers.
                          Last edited by RobertK; 06-01-2019, 23:48.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertK View Post
                            So I tried using the latest CoreELEC and installed Netflix as stated and it works.

The same app gives errors if I just run my standard android.

If the boxes keys are blacklisted so it doesn't work, doesn't CoreELEC have to use the same keys from the box ? yet it works.

Just trying to understand the logic of how it could work?

Oh FYI Mecool never did get back to me regarding why their Box advertised as Netflix compatible doesn't work anymore. LOL....

Did anyone get a method to use stock rom with M8S Pro L LQ version to work with Netflix again? After reading 54 pages it looks grim.

I use a few apk's so Android is my best option, but unless there is an easy way to boot from sd card to rom without ejecting sd card not the best option.

Cheers.
                            You don't have to eject the microSD card. CoreELEC/LibreELEC has a power button with selections, one of which is to boot from the internal ram. So, when in CoreELEC, just click the Power button a the top of the main screen and you will see several options. When in Android, just reboot and it will load CoreELEC.

I believe that Netflix works in CoreELEC/LibreELEC is because it is being software decoded, not hardware. Also, your box does NOT need Widevine Level 1 for Netflix to work in CoreELEC at 720p.
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

You don't have to eject the microSD card. CoreELEC/LibreELEC has a power button with selections, one of which is to boot from the internal ram. So, when in CoreELEC, just click the Power button a the top of the main screen and you will see several options. When in Android, just reboot and it will load CoreELEC.

I believe that Netflix works in CoreELEC/LibreELEC is because it is being software decoded, not hardware. Also, your box does NOT need Widevine Level 1 for Netflix to work in CoreELEC at 720p.
                              Thanks I was hoping there was a way. Appreciate your explanations as always

Comment

Working...
                              X