This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!
    On TX5 Max wifi and remote not working. I can repair remote control but I don't know how I can add wifi driver from original firmware. It is possible? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
      Guys, you need to read the title... it says generic.. i cant support all possible functions of all boxes out there, or it said in title a specific box...
      Yes the led in GT1 mini is inverted, i will change it in a future build...
      Yes CEC wont turn on the box, i disable it in uboot because of some bugs in not 100% compliant TV's (or bad FW on them).., that TV's with issues wont let the box go to sleep!
      I will think if i enable CEC again or not.
      I really appreciate for your efforts !! This firmware is better than others.
      I just make a feedback.
      CEC turn on the box works great, the problem is the box won't turn on TV.
      The official CEC is almost unable to use , so your firmware is better than official.
      Appreciate for your efforts again.

Comment

Originally posted by janek View Post
        Hi!
        On TX5 Max wifi and remote not working. I can repair remote control but I don't know how I can add wifi driver from original firmware. It is possible? Thanks
        Yes i know about TX5 Max since i have one, it uses a RTL Wifi Chip , and the driver i have for it does not support that chip unfortunately.

Comment

Yes i know about TX5 Max since i have one, it uses a RTL Wifi Chip , and the driver i have for it does not support that chip unfortunately.
          Oh, not good! Thanks for a reply!

Comment

Thx man .Tested on X96Max , just to report no display and remote ( i don't care ) , very snappy , you said that is not rooted but afrd work perfect
            Only bad side for me is that Google Assistant not working , with press on remote open Google Assistant but no response

Comment

Can someone please upload the 2.1.7.3 version of USB Burning tool? It is very hard for me to find on the web. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by NocturnalE View Post
                Can someone please upload the 2.1.7.3 version of USB Burning tool?
                HERE.

Comment

Originally posted by Maki_SM View Post
                  Thx man .Tested on X96Max , just to report no display and remote ( i don't care ) , very snappy , you said that is not rooted but afrd work perfect
                  Only bad side for me is that Google Assistant not working , with press on remote open Google Assistant but no response
                  hmm weird, maybe is because on your remote is mapped to another key.
                  EDIT: forget i forgot in ATV long press home is used to open all apps in launcher.
                  Last edited by superceleron; 10-05-2019, 19:54.

Comment

And yes i forgot to tell you guys in changelog in *Fix* build, afrd is working just fine in KODI, is the only one i tested...
                    I used a special path in sdk source to make afrd be used as root!

Comment

Thx you man . afrd work with all app's . plex , youtube , kodi
                      About remote , this one : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3284...27424c4dtUHuPK
                      Even with stock rom , your first 8.1 ATV s905x2 rom and many others rom work without problem
                      Can anyone please confirm if google assistant work ?

Comment

Does anyone have problems installing APKs files? The package installer close when I trying to install a APK

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlos1993 View Post
                          Does anyone have problems installing APKs files? The package installer close when I trying to install a APK
                          dont use filebrowser(is broken and im going to remove it in next build), use totalcommander to install apks (don't forget to give proper permissions when asked, it should auto open side settings already in permissions)

Comment

Does not get past Boot Image on H96 Max X2 S905X2 4GB/64GB after flashing from SD Card. No option to flash via USB Cable as PC will not recognize the box.

Comment

Originally posted by kzimmer View Post
                              Does not get past Boot Image on H96 Max X2 S905X2 4GB/64GB after flashing from SD Card. No option to flash via USB Cable as PC will not recognize the box.
                              hmm look out since i notice in 64gb boxes ( they all use shity 64gb emmc chips) format of the emmc in 1? boot takes a long time, and i mean long time... in my gt1 mini took 5 min to get past bootlogo to boot animation...
                              Now if you want to go back to stock fw if your "reset" button is not working since this is totally possible since i made the uboot to be generic to all reference boxes if the box get a bit "out" of that design then that might happen... but if you know how to use a TTL debug or if you have one, is just as simple as 1.2.3 to get you box to update mode, since once you have boot img it means uboot is ok and is only not detecting the reset button!

Comment

hmm look out since i notice in 64gb boxes ( they all use shity 64gb emmc chips) format of the emmc in 1? boot takes a long time, and i mean long time... in my gt1 mini took 5 min to get past bootlogo to boot animation...
                                Now if you want to go back to stock fw if your "reset" button is not working since this is totally possible since i made the uboot to be generic to all reference boxes if the box get a bit "out" of that design then that might happen... but if you know how to use a TTL debug or if you have one, is just as simple as 1.2.3 to get you box to update mode, since once you have boot img it means uboot is ok and is only not detecting the reset button!
                                The good news is, no matter what firmware I have flashed on this box to try to resolve my issues, I'm always able to use the SD card and reset button to reflash. No issues there. I left it for 20 minutes or so to try to boot; it just stayed at the boot animation screen.

Not trying to hijack here, but I just want to give you a quick rundown of why I have been trying so many ROMs. This box came with Android 9.0. It has working WIFI and Ethernet, but whenever ANY VPN service is used, the Ethernet connection is lost. I've done extensive research on this, and it's a known issue on S905X2 boxes with 9.0.. Any 9.0 ROM I flash successfully has this problem.

Now, to make things more fun, any 8.1 ROM that I flash successfully has no WiFi. Do I need both? No, I suppose not. But it'd sure be nice if these things worked somewhat out of the box!

I had a Bqeel Y4 Max, same specs, same problem.

Sorry for the thread derail.

-Kole
                                Last edited by kzimmer; 10-06-2019, 22:06. Reason: Spelling.

Comment

Working...
                                X