HK1RBOX X4 1000M Firmware (Img and OTA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
    wondering is that any work for the new "X96 Max+ Ultra"(s905X4) custom Rom??
    thanks++
    Sorry, I'm not sure. I don't have that box to test.

Comment

Originally posted by gbox23 View Post
      Hi all,

I have added a new folder in the share link (imgswithvontarlauncher) with vontar launcher included in both img versions.
      Hk1 launcher removed from both imgs.

I also tweaked vbmeta imgs. Kodi will now work without being booted out.

hope this helps
      enjoy
      Many Thanks!

Comment

Hi all,

I have added a new folder in the share link (imgswithvontarlauncher) with vontar launcher included in both img versions.

hope this helps
        enjoy
        Test modded img 06/20/22

With Vontar launcher embedded as system/ui/launcher
        If that is correct terminology

Ethernet
        Wifi
        Bluetooth
        All working fine as well as all apps

I don't mess with launcher usually
        After customing home screen

It looks like the Hk1x4 home screen
        Ha ha ha

Thanks for your work!!!

Happy Testing

Comment

i have transpeed x4 1000M 4/128gb. just installed 2022.06.20 ota. zip. i don't know how to understand 1000Mbit or 100.no clue. asked transpeed, they didn't answer about that.
          my remaining problems are:
          1) reboot restart not working. goes shutdown (red led) completely. remote doesn't restart so i have to unplug /plug power cable. need restart fix.
          2) ethernet has no software switch on/off in Android. need to unplug eth. cable to use wifi.
          3) wifi works but very slow. it was ~5 mbps with 20220525 fw, now ~10mbps with 2022.06.20 fw. ethernet works properly 94mbps as expected. don't know how to know if it is 100 or 1000Mbit.
          4) superuser root app very simple and not works as expected. adaway can't change edit hosts file. so i couldn't do any copy edit permissions changes files in root too. how to install supersu instead of stock root app superuser?

can i use hk1 custom fws or should i wait for transpeed cfw s. anyone tried hk1 cfws on transpeed?

also i never saw shedutil cpu governor and no sd cache io before. using 3c toolbox. usually devices kernels use interactive cpu gov and cq io. weird.
          temp. around 67C btw. cpu governors can solve this high temperature if i had an option to change it. tvbox works usually 1000~2000 mhz, while my old devices work around 400~1000 mhz when idle or doing simple things like writing here.

Comment

Originally posted by riven4300 View Post
            i have transpeed x4 1000M 4/128gb. just installed 2022.06.20 ota. zip. i don't know how to understand 1000Mbit or 100.no clue. asked transpeed, they didn't answer about that.
            my remaining problems are:
            1) reboot restart not working. goes shutdown (red led) completely. remote doesn't restart so i have to unplug /plug power cable. need restart fix.
            2) ethernet has no software switch on/off in Android. need to unplug eth. cable to use wifi.
            3) wifi works but very slow. it was ~5 mbps with 20220525 fw, now ~10mbps with 2022.06.20 fw. ethernet works properly 94mbps as expected. don't know how to know if it is 100 or 1000Mbit.
            4) superuser root app very simple and not works as expected. adaway can't change edit hosts file. so i couldn't do any copy edit permissions changes files in root too. how to install supersu instead of stock root app superuser?

can i use hk1 custom fws or should i wait for transpeed cfw s. anyone tried hk1 cfws on transpeed?

also i never saw shedutil cpu governor and no sd cache io before. using 3c toolbox. usually devices kernels use interactive cpu gov and cq io. weird.
            temp. around 67C btw. cpu governors can solve this high temperature if i had an option to change it. tvbox works usually 1000~2000 mhz, while my old devices work around 400~1000 mhz when idle or doing simple things like writing here.
            Hmmmmmm
            This thread is about hk1 rbox so is difficult to answer questions about Transpeed x4

However / have test Vontar and Transpeed Firmware on my HK1 X4 and they are cross compatible with it.

These results are from Hk1x4 Firmware

1) Long press Powe button on remote control options to power off/restart
            Both work no probs
            Single press turns back on
            2)Same need to unplug
            3)Issues with boxes later released jl2101 ethernet transceiver
            Mine has rtl 8211f
            Need to take box apart to confirm chipset
            4)The OS is a quazi hybrid they say/blend os android n atv
            Root is not true root
            Never has been
            At least with Stock/Factory Firmware

You should have no problems Testing gbox23 Firmware on your Transpeed.
            Should check wifi chip on your box
            Is for 1000Mbit

Also there are custom Roms at 4pda

Happy Testing

Comment

Hey gbox23

I see Vontar and Transpeed have firmware updates
              August 08 03 ....

Anything new on Hk1x4 Rbox?

Happy Testing

Comment

I'm using the latest SlimboxTV rom, based on the latest fw fom august. It is also compatible with HK1 ROBX X4. SimboxTV rom is very stable and you can choose between AOSP an ATV rom. AOSP is the best option in my opinion for our TV boxes.
                CPU: Amlogic S905X4 GPU: G31™ MP2 Изменения: новая версия заводской прошивки

Comment

Hi all
                  I have a HK1 RBOX S905X4 with Firmware ah212.HK1RBOX-X4_1000M_11.2022.03.05.13.49-ota
                  i can update through an OTA file, but I fail to update img file through a SD card or with Amlogic USB Burning Tool v3.2.0 through USB cable due to error code 10 in the usb driver despite my repeated attempts and on more than one computer
                  Please help me to solve this problem​
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by emasah View Post
                    Hi all
                    I have a HK1 RBOX S905X4 with Firmware ah212.HK1RBOX-X4_1000M_11.2022.03.05.13.49-ota
                    i can update through an OTA file, but I fail to update img file through a SD card or with Amlogic USB Burning Tool v3.2.0 through USB cable due to error code 10 in the usb driver despite my repeated attempts and on more than one computer
                    Please help me to solve this problem​
                    Factory reset box (toothpick method)

Uninstall UBT 3.20

Reinstall UBT 3.20
                    You will be prompted for drivers world cip
                    Say yes
                    Those are drivers you need
                    Finish instalation

USB male to male
                    Hold in reset button to connect to Tool

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post

Factory reset box (toothpick method)

Uninstall UBT 3.20

Reinstall UBT 3.20
                      You will be prompted for drivers world cip
                      Say yes
                      Those are drivers you need
                      Finish instalation

USB male to male
                      Hold in reset button to connect to Tool
                      Thanks for your reply
                      I do that same problems not solved

Comment

Here is another method to try

Credit to mAtvXk
                        SlimBox Thread/discussion
                        XDA Forum
                        This is how I learned it

On PC have UBT 3.20 running
                        You have loaded image and Hit Start
                        DO NOT PLUG IN MALE TO MALE USB YET

On TV Box install
                        Terminal Emulator app/apk
                        Execute command
                        reboot update

As quick as possible +
                        Now plug in USB MALE toMALE

Should start burning process

Good Luck

Happy Testing

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
                          Here is another method to try

Credit to mAtvXk
                          SlimBox Thread/discussion
                          XDA Forum
                          This is how I learned it

On PC have UBT 3.20 running
                          You have loaded image and Hit Start
                          DO NOT PLUG IN MALE TO MALE USB YET

On TV Box install
                          Terminal Emulator app/apk
                          Execute command
                          reboot update

As quick as possible +
                          Now plug in USB MALE toMALE

Should start burning process

Good Luck

Happy Testing
                          Thanks - i well try

Comment

Hi all,

hope this helps
                            enjoy
                            Thank you for your efforts
                            Please have a look at the pre-installed Android WebView system
                            I'm having some problems with some apk files need webview
                            The app always failed to start

Comment

Hi everyone,

when I put the OTA on a USB-stick and install it in recovery, I get an error message that says 'package is for ah212 but excepted ah213' and installation is aborted.
                              Updater app recognizes the update but simply says 'ota package error' when I want to install.

Especially the first error I found interesting since I am very certain I have the correct box. (also, which product even is the ah213?)

I do not have a male-to-male cable but I don't remember ever needing one for an update on a box like this. Am I missing something?

Comment

Originally posted by Danacy View Post
                                Hi everyone,

when I put the OTA on a USB-stick and install it in recovery, I get an error message that says 'package is for ah212 but excepted ah213' and installation is aborted.
                                Updater app recognizes the update but simply says 'ota package error' when I want to install.

Especially the first error I found interesting since I am very certain I have the correct box. (also, which product even is the ah213?)

I do not have a male-to-male cable but I don't remember ever needing one for an update on a box like this. Am I missing something?
                                There must be something in the firmware that you are trying to install. Try a different firmware.
                                Also, it is always best to install a new firmware using the Amlogic USB burning tool. You can make your own cable, by cutting an splicing two cables. Best to use "fat" USB cables.
                                MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Working...
                                X