live TV for all rk3188 using XBMC and tvheadend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoKeRz View Post
    I also swictehd to a wasser kitkat room which is running very smooth on my T-R42 unit however I also faced the same error unable to open frontend0 in tvheadend.

So I decided to compile the v4l drivers again, from scracth, using a 3.0.36 kernel package tailored for kitkat (i.e. with a .config pre-configured to kitkat) and the resulted drivers work!!!

I am sharing them here (all of the possible v4l module drives compiled). Unfortunatelly freaktab does not allow uploading large zip files so I made them available HERE

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you. The video4linux package is from 2014-APR-06 with some small customizations in the source code to make it work with my ATSC card.
    I tried to load the modules "em28xx.ko" "em28xx.ko" and "em28xx-dvb.ko" in the terminal app with "insmod <modulname.ko>", but it didnt work, I get "insmod: init_module 'em28xx.ko' failed (No such file or directory)".
    The modules stored in system/lib/modules/ with rw-r-r

Have I done something wrong? because I'm a Newbie in Andoid / Linux

Thanks

Comment

I also swictehd to a wasser kitkat room which is running very smooth on my T-R42 unit however I also faced the same error unable to open frontend0 in tvheadend.

So I decided to compile the v4l drivers again, from scracth, using a 3.0.36 kernel package tailored for kitkat (i.e. with a .config pre-configured to kitkat) and the resulted drivers work!!!

I am sharing them here (all of the possible v4l module drives compiled). Unfortunatelly freaktab does not allow uploading large zip files so I made them available HERE

Give it a try and let me know if it works for you. The video4linux package is from 2014-APR-06 with some small customizations in the source code to make it work with my ATSC card.

oh sweet. ok let me give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by taki View Post
        pls explain step by step modules compile JoKeRz. I compiled but all modules not load exec format error.
        fist make, later zimage and kernel,img after compile modules? etc.
        Hi Taki - these are the steps I use to compile:

Compilation

1) Get kernel and compile it

1.1) download the kernel source of your preference. For 4.2.2 I use phjanderson_Kernel-3188. For 4.4.2, I just used RK3188_KK_4.4.02_Beta

1.2) Compile the kernel source. You need to have a good .config file in the root of the kernel directory. Just initial compilation is required (no need to create kernel.img)
        Code:
        cd RK3188_KK_4.4.02_Beta
        make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi-
        2) Get the v4l package and compile it

2.1) download video4linux:
        Code:
        git clone --depth=1 git://linuxtv.org/media_build.git
        2.2) Untar package
        Code:
        cd media_build
        make download untar
        2.3) Prepare package for cross-compilation and choose what drivers you want:
        Code:
        make menuconfig ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE:=/path to your toolchain/ SRCDIR=/path to your kernel source code
        Tip: it is a good idea to keep a copy of v4l/.config safe somewhere for future compilations

2.4) Compile v4l
        Code:
        make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE:=/path to your toolchain/ SRCDIR=/path to your kernel source code/
        Example:
        Code:
        make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- SRCDIR=/home/rockchip/Linux_RK3118/RK3188_KK_4.4.02_Beta/
        The outcome module drives (*.ko) should be in the v4l subdirectory.

Troubleshooting Problems With Drivers

- if you get "insmod: init_module 'NNNNNN.ko' failed (No such file or directory)" when you try to load the module, run dmesg and check the actual problem. It will be a missing definition in the kernel which means you need to load another module before that. to find out which one, just go to the folder where all modules are and run "grep <undefined_item_from_dmesg> *.ko" and see which ones have it. Some may be using it, but one will be defining (use your judgment or trial / error). Another option is to go back to the source code and search for the undefined string in the *.c to fine exactly which driver is defining it rather than just using it.

- I only have one ATSC USB device, the eVGA inDtube, which is based on em28xx chipset. In my case, just as a reference, I need to load the following modules to make the card work:
        insmod ./dvb-core.ko
        insmod ./dvb-pll.ko
        insmod ./dvb_usb_v2.ko
        insmod ./tveeprom.ko
        insmod ./v4l2-common.ko
        insmod ./tuner-xc2028.ko
        insmod ./s5h1409.ko
        insmod ./em28xx.ko
        insmod ./em28xx-alsa.ko
        insmod ./em28xx-dvb.ko

Comment

Originally posted by Alec86 View Post
          I tried to load the modules "em28xx.ko" "em28xx.ko" and "em28xx-dvb.ko" in the terminal app with "insmod <modulname.ko>", but it didnt work, I get "insmod: init_module 'em28xx.ko' failed (No such file or directory)".
          The modules stored in system/lib/modules/ with rw-r-r

Have I done something wrong? because I'm a Newbie in Andoid / Linux

Thanks
          This error message suggests undefined methods/objects. To see what is missing to be loaded prior, take a look at the error message reported in the kernel log (run dmesg command).

My ATSC device is also based on em28xx, so there is a chance you need to load a similar list of modules as I do. See the list here, in order of loading:
          insmod ./dvb-core.ko
          insmod ./dvb-pll.ko
          insmod ./dvb_usb_v2.ko
          insmod ./tveeprom.ko
          insmod ./v4l2-common.ko
          insmod ./tuner-xc2028.ko
          insmod ./s5h1409.ko
          insmod ./em28xx.ko
          insmod ./em28xx-alsa.ko
          insmod ./em28xx-dvb.ko

(keep in mind you may have a different tuner, so the tuner-xc2028 and/or s5h1409 may be different in your case)

Comment

Thans jokerz. I knew your method. And I used v4l and liplanian s2 drivers source . Amlogic there is no problem. I tryed mk908 kernel and compiled all modules any error. But try to load with isnmod modules gave me exec format error. later try to your compiled modules for kitkat. All modules gave No such file or directory. Can you tryed or used your compiled modules with your rk3188 box.

Comment

Thans jokerz. I knew your method. And I used v4l and liplanian s2 drivers source . Amlogic there is no problem. I tryed mk908 kernel and compiled all modules any error. But try to load with isnmod modules gave me exec format error. later try to your compiled modules for kitkat. All modules gave No such file or directory. Can you tryed or used your compiled modules with your rk3188 box.
              Take a look at dmesg error message. When I was making my card work, there were a lot of undefined symbos that were preventing loading the driver modules so I checked the error message in demsg and modified a source code for v4l2-common.c (I think) to define one by one the missing symbols from kernel. Only when I created that "custom" v4l2-common.ko and loaded it successfully, I then could load the drivers for my device after. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

which compile I use for android kernel.

arm-linux-gnueabi-

or

arm-linux-androideabi-

have toolchain link for kernel compile

Comment

This error message suggests undefined methods/objects. To see what is missing to be loaded prior, take a look at the error message reported in the kernel log (run dmesg command).

My ATSC device is also based on em28xx, so there is a chance you need to load a similar list of modules as I do. See the list here, in order of loading:
                  insmod ./dvb-core.ko
                  insmod ./dvb-pll.ko
                  insmod ./dvb_usb_v2.ko
                  insmod ./tveeprom.ko
                  insmod ./v4l2-common.ko
                  insmod ./tuner-xc2028.ko
                  insmod ./s5h1409.ko
                  insmod ./em28xx.ko
                  insmod ./em28xx-alsa.ko
                  insmod ./em28xx-dvb.ko

(keep in mind you may have a different tuner, so the tuner-xc2028 and/or s5h1409 may be different in your case)
                  Hi JoKeRz,
                  your posted modules works fine for me, but only when I use terminal app, when I use init.d script they didnt load. But that's not a problem currently. The Problem is that I cant find any firmware for this Stick (Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 330e). I find one but only for oldery kernels "http://konstantin.filtschew.de/v4l-firmware/" . Should I throw away my dream of waching dvb-T on Android ?

Comment

which compile I use for android kernel.

arm-linux-gnueabi-

or

arm-linux-androideabi-

have toolchain link for kernel compile
                    I am currently using arm-linux-gnueabi-, which I installed from standard ubuntu repositry via "apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi"

I also have arm-linux-gnueabihf- and sometimes I compile some apps from source using that one, or even the android toolchain as well (tvheadned, for example, I always compile using the android toolcahin). It is always a trial and error.

Comment

Hi JoKeRz,
                      your posted modules works fine for me, but only when I use terminal app, when I use init.d script they didnt load. But that's not a problem currently. The Problem is that I cant find any firmware for this Stick (Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick 330e). I find one but only for oldery kernels "http://konstantin.filtschew.de/v4l-firmware/" . Should I throw away my dream of waching dvb-T on Android ?
                      It should load via init.d. Did you make sure your init.d script (for example: 20dvb) has execution rights under /system/etc/init.d?
                      Code:
                      mount -o remount,rw /system
                      chmod 755 /system/etc/init.d/20dvb
                      mount -o remount,ro /system
                      As for the firmware, it is usually required for the tunner chip, and according to this LinuxTV page for your card, your tuner is the xc3028. According to that page as well, the ICs in your DVB-T stick are:
                      Used ICs
                      EM2882
                      TVP5150AM
                      DRX3975D micronas
                      XC3028A
                      so you should look for modules for all of those and make sure you load them before the em28xx modules. dmesg is your friend, and should show what firmware file it was looking for and could not find.

Lastly, also based on that page, possible required firmwares files for your stick are "xc3028_init0.i2c.fw" and "xc3028_BG_PAL_A2_A.i2c.fw" which can be downloadedd from this site: http://www.linhes.org/downloads/R6/sources/tmp/dvb-fw/. My suggestion: grab all the xc3028*.fw to be safe, and place them under /system/etc/firmware folder of your rk3188 box. Give it a try - hopefully it will work.

Comment

my problem is cross compiler that I fix with arm-linux-gnueabi-
                        I compiled v4l and s2-liplanian all driver and work with mınıx stock firmware.

related modules need other modul

Comment

XBMC add live tvlogos for channellist

copy your logos (Logos) folder to mnt/sdcard/Logos
                          open XBMC

setting
                          livetv
                          Menu/OSD
                          folder with channel icons (mnt/sdcard/Logos)
                          Scan for missing icons

copy your logos (Logos) folder to mnt/sdcard/Logos

thats greatt ))))

Comment

Used ICs
                            EM2882
                            TVP5150AM
                            DRX3975D micronas
                            XC3028A
                            Hi JoKeRz, thank you again for help. But there is no xc3028 Modul in your v4l compiled file. dmesg show me that i need this. Can you do something about this?

Comment

Hi JoKeRz, thank you again for help. But there is no xc3028 Modul in your v4l compiled file. dmesg show me that i need this. Can you do something about this?
                              I did a simple google search and found this: http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.ph..._XC3028/XC2028

In there, you can see the driver for XC3028 tuner is in fact the tuner-xc2028.ko file, which is in the package I provided. So give it a try with that one.

Also, in that same link it tells how to obtain the firmware required (which, according to them, is named xc3028-v27.fw).

I hope that helps.

Comment

live TV for all rk3188 using XBMC and tvheadend

Is this tuner supported in rk3188 .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X