Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    OK folks, believe it or not I have never used XBMC. Just to busy with other stuff to play with it.

So I installed this thing. Why are all scripts giving me an error?
    I click weather and it says SCRIPT ERROR.
    I install a video add-on like best of youtube or CNN news and when I click it "script error"

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Bob
    Bob, i have a complete recovery image ready including all addons configured and working well in XBMC. i can send you this soo you can just have to restore this image to check out how it should work?

the image is completely configured with fully working XBMC, good working sixaxis to connect with playstation3 controller. You have to unpack this in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup and your good to go.

wanna have the change of completely see how XBMC should be?
    The image is based on lewy's justXBMC 1.2.0 with your kernel from your 1.8 rom.
    it is 1080P. If you have a mega account I can send you this file.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerdude View Post
      Bob, i have a complete recovery image ready including all addons configured and working well in XBMC. i can send you this soo you can just have to restore this image to check out how it should work?

the image is completely configured with fully working XBMC, good working sixaxis to connect with playstation3 controller. You have to unpack this in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup and your good to go.

wanna have the change of completely see how XBMC should be?
      The image is based on lewy's justXBMC 1.2.0 with your kernel from your 1.8 rom.
      it is 1080P. If you have a mega account I can send you this file.
      Thanks! But I need to learn myself so I am going at it the hard way. But I fully appreciate your offer!

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

MINX XBMC fix for my ROMs --- WORKING!

OK folks, I cant seem to make a new XBMC APK by modding it. Doing some google searching it appears I am not alone. Something to do with a new python API. When you mod smali code you have to redo classes.dex and when I do that, it wont work. Still have not figured out why but another day I will work on it.

BUT based on what I learned I have made a patch file that will make Minix XBMC work with my ROMs build.prop.

Instructions:

1) Install ES File Explorer from Google Play

2) Install the Minix XBMC but do not run it yet (it's actually OK if you do but I prefer not).

3) download this file>
        PATCH -> Minix XBMC patch file that works on Finless ROMs (8K)

Unzip it. You will have a file named:
        data@[email protected]@classes.dex
        Put this on your SDcard (internal).

4) Run ES file explorer and under tools turn on ROOT explorer. Give permission by Superuser (grant).

5) Now using ES File Explorer go to your SDcard (open there by default) and LONG press on this file.
        Select copy.

6) Now navigate to /data/dalvik-cache. Select paste and it will prompt you to replace the existing file.
        Allow it. No worries about setting permissions! It will work.

7) Now run Minix XBMC and enjoy

Bob

Comment

Thanks! But I need to learn myself so I am going at it the hard way. But I fully appreciate your offer!

Bob
          Why not try it ones like this? Then you first have it completely working, as a reference how it should be.
          also because with this one the Bluetooth works also with playstation3 joypad wireless.
          most of the builds have problem with this. Maybe it will give you a hint where you can find the problem with it. In your 1.6 rom it worked, in 1.7 and 1.8 it didn't worked.

Well if you ever want to try it anyway, I keep the image because I also use it to set up the neo x7 for other people. It is basically my startup rom with everything working en configured for most performance and stability.

for other readers... If anybody wants my image just ask and I will give it.

Comment

Originally posted by and4468 View Post
            Yes i always flash boot, kernel and system imgs with cwm without wipe the user data. If some app have problem then i use titanium.
            Hi and4468, this sounds great and I'd love to be able to make this happen.

is there any chance when you could take some time and give a detailed breakdown (for several of us that are curious), as to the steps of how you have done this?

I am currently on Finless 1.7 with justxbmc apk V2. I have flashed CWM, but have never used it before for anything, let alone to flash a rom or kernel and would like to do this while retaining all system, user and app data.

Any help on this, much appreciated!
            Last edited by Link6381; 12-07-2013, 00:38. Reason: adding username to reply
            MINIX Neo X7
            Nitro Quickshot ROM, MinixXBMC v2, Finless- Kernel 720p-1704/798/720 <AnTuTu=20814

Comment

Originally posted by Link6381 View Post
              Hi and4468, this sounds great and I'd love to be able to make this happen.

is there any chance when you could take some time and give a detailed breakdown (for several of us that are curious), as to the steps of how you have done this?

I am currently on Finless 1.7 with justxbmc apk V2. I have flashed CWM, but have never used it before for anything, let alone to flash a rom or kernel and would like to do this while retaining all system, user and app data.

Any help on this, much appreciated!
              Hi,

CWM is a very handy tool to make backup of full system including data and cache.
              it is recommendations to always make a backup before reinstalling rom.
              take a keyboard with USB and plug it in your neo x7.
              You can start CWM by pressing the small recovery button with a needle and then press the power button.
              Hold this for 5 seconds. After this you are in CWM recovery menu.
              on the keyboard use the arrow keys up and down to navigate trough the menu.
              go to backup and restore menu and press enter to confirm.
              the best way to make a backup is to have a SD card in the neo x7 with 4GB or more. 2GB is minimum.
              Then choose backup to external SD. You also choose to make backup on internal SD, but this will eat your storage space for apps.

After this you can install everything you want and if you like the new setup you can keep it, and if you don't like you can go back to recovery and jump back to the system what you had.
              simply go back to CWM recovery select backup and restore menu and then restore from external SD.
              you select the folder with the time you made the backup. If you make the backup you can rename the folder later to something you prefer as name.

If you like I have an image for your neo x7 including XBMC and sixaxis fully working.
              it is a fully configured rom.

Comment

Originally posted by Killerdude View Post
                Why not try it ones like this? Then you first have it completely working, as a reference how it should be.
                also because with this one the Bluetooth works also with playstation3 joypad wireless.
                most of the builds have problem with this. Maybe it will give you a hint where you can find the problem with it. In your 1.6 rom it worked, in 1.7 and 1.8 it didn't worked.

Well if you ever want to try it anyway, I keep the image because I also use it to set up the neo x7 for other people. It is basically my startup rom with everything working en configured for most performance and stability.

for other readers... If anybody wants my image just ask and I will give it.
                PM me your download link. I will do it. It will help me learn.

Bob

Comment

PM me your download link. I will do it. It will help me learn.

Bob

I am uploading right now to mega, as soon there finished I send you the links.
                  in the pm I will exactly tell you how you install and soo.

hold on.

Comment

Bob
                    Can you please tell me what file you edited originally to remove the build.prop check from the apk? I would like to look at this myself but you removed the apk and I have nothing to compare. Or can you link me to the apk you made that was broken.

Thanks

edit.. and 2 seconds after I posted I think I found it. I think it is splash.smali
                    To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                      Can you please tell me what file you edited originally to remove the build.prop check from the apk? I would like to look at this myself but you removed the apk and I have nothing to compare. Or can you link me to the apk you made that was broken.

Thanks

edit.. and 2 seconds after I posted I think I found it. I think it is splash.smali
                      Flumpster, the check for NEO- is in the following .smali file:

Splash.smali

The line you want to edit is:

const-string v1, "NEO-"

Just change that constant to GT-I or whatever....
                      Or remove the code so that is always jumps to cond 2:

Either way works.

DONE....

Bob

EDITED:
                      P.S. I might have to put you on the Dev team if your that good
                      Let me know if your interested!

Comment

Flumpster, the check for NEO- is in the following .smali file:

Splash.smali

The line you want to edit is:

const-string v1, "NEO-"

Just change that constant to GT-I or whatever....
                        Or remove the code so that is always jumps to cond 2:

Either way works.

DONE....

Bob

EDITED:
                        P.S. I might have to put you on the Dev team if your that good
                        Let me know if your interested!
                        Thanks for the reply and the offer.

I am actually a dev for the Transformer Prime over on XDA but the tablet is coming to the end of its life now so I have some free time.

I don't own an X7, I have a K-R42.

I just removed the check completely from that smali file and run a quick test on the K-R42 and it seems to be working fine. The mouse wheel also worked in the menu which is nice.

Tried Ice Films quickly and that was working also.

I haven't made it so it can be a launcher also but I can add that in if you want.

Just make sure that you have no other versions of xbmc running in the background or you will get a remote error which is perfectly normal.

Uploading now for you to test.. Let me know if it works for you.

Edit.. Here is the link. http://flumpster.lolcakes.com/androi...INIX_Test1.apk

You will probably have to uninstall any other versions of xbmc-minix first as it will be signed with a test key.

If it doesn't work can you upload me just the framework-res.apk from this rom please.

Comment

Here is test 2 of the apk.

Removed the Minix Checks.
                          Renamed the app to minixXBMC.
                          Replaced Icons with standard XBMC Icons.
                          Replaced Splash Screen with standard XBMC Splash.
                          Removed "Touched" skin.
                          Added SuperRepo Repository.

I do not know if advancedsettings.xml is required anymore as I see that they do not include it but they have libs for stagefight included so someone will have to test that. If it's needed I can add that file in for test3.

http://flumpster.lolcakes.com/android/XBMC-MINIX_Test2.apk

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
                            Here is test 2 of the apk.

Removed the Minix Checks.
                            Renamed the app to minixXBMC.
                            Replaced Icons with standard XBMC Icons.
                            Replaced Splash Screen with standard XBMC Splash.
                            Removed "Touched" skin.
                            Added SuperRepo Repository.

I do not know if advancedsettings.xml is required anymore as I see that they do not include it but they have libs for stagefight included so someone will have to test that. If it's needed I can add that file in for test3.

http://flumpster.lolcakes.com/android/XBMC-MINIX_Test2.apk

Great!! thanks a lot, I never used xbmc before but I am going to start now

leolas
                            REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
                            My devices:
                            Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
                            MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
                            Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
                            Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
                            Gearbest.com)
                            MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
                            Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
                            Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Reboot in settings

Just installed the 1.8 ROM and I get a reboot everytime I go into the language & input settings. The box just crashes and reboots. Have happened 3 times in a row now. - Hmmm... seems like the box reboots randomly also. Gonna try a reflash.

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
                                Great!! thanks a lot, I never used xbmc before but I am going to start now

leolas

Cheers but I just found a problem.

I tried playing back 720p content and the player is falling back to software mode.

I read over on the minix forums that they have another check that if it doesn't detect the minix it will do this.

I'll see if I can find that one also.

Comment

Working...
                                X