Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hulu issue

i have an issue on finless 1.8 rom running on x7, i'm trying to see if its a know issue and if anyone knows a fix?. I installed hulu plus, it boots up correctly takes u to the main hulu page but when u select something to watch it'll start to load but before any video plays the whole unit shuts down everytime. after unplugging it for the 10secs it'll reboot but if i go back into hulu it'll do it again same exact spot. Any ideas? if i should post a log tell me what to do to retrieve it. thanks
    Last edited by ebrown761; 12-14-2013, 14:15.

Comment

same here on T428

Same for me on t428

Originally posted by ebrown761 View Post
      i have an issue on finless 1.8 rom running on x7, i'm trying to see if its a know issue and if anyone knows a fix?. I installed hulu plus, it boots up correctly takes u to the main hulu page but when u select something to watch it'll start to load but before any video plays the whole unit shuts down everytime. after unplugging it for the 10secs it'll reboot but if i go back into hulu it'll do it again same exact spot. Any ideas? if i should post a log tell me what to do to retrieve it. thanks

Comment

Hulu+ latest APP is the problem! They need to fix it.

Use the 2.6 HD version and it works fine. Here it is:

Bob
        "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
        "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
        "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
        "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
        "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
        "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
        "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
        "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
        "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hi Bob and all. After flashing the unit with a specific kernel and install many apps, but also would like to try other kernels to see which one is best. Before flashing, I would like to backup the current ROM (with all installed apps and settings), just in case the other kernels are not as good as the current, then i will flash back, please instruct how to backup the current ROM on the unit. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by minhvong99 View Post
            Hi Bob and all. After flashing the unit with a specific kernel and install many apps, but also would like to try other kernels to see which one is best. Before flashing, I would like to backup the current ROM (with all installed apps and settings), just in case the other kernels are not as good as the current, then i will flash back, please instruct how to backup the current ROM on the unit. Thanks
            I've never done it on this device but other people have, use cwm to make a backup/nandroid and u should then copy that to a memory card, just in case when u flash the kernal on this device something could go wrong and it could corrupt or wipe the backup and make sure u take the memory card out too

Comment

When you only flash kernel and not the rom you don´t need to backup i believe

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post

Bob
                WatchESPN has the same issue?

Comment

tried to read through all the pages but i got bored. Anyone having reboot/shutdown issues on this like in 1.7?

Comment

Originally posted by Loser View Post
                    tried to read through all the pages but i got bored. Anyone having reboot/shutdown issues on this like in 1.7?
                    Yup, while browsing mostly, sometimes trying to do anything after some homescreen lag results in a shutdown. I get more shutdowns then restarts though. Happened in all roms tbh, it is a general issue in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
                      Happened in all roms tbh, it is a general issue in my opinion.
                      oh, i had no shutdown issues in 1.6, but i did on minix images and with 1.7, i didn't run 1.5 for very long but i think i had some restarts on that. Guess i'll reflash 1.6 till it gets sorted or try Lewy's HFW. Minix seems pretty active on their end so no biggie.

Comment

Only when I run an OC kernel. I have 3 Neo X7s and I have come to realize that they each behave differently when it comes to overclocking, what works great on one of them might not work great on the other two and I get random shutdowns.

Comment

007 is screwed up for HULU

Bob
                          I disagree though...006c can runs any Hulu version including the latest version just fine. Not just HULU, other users has reported CBS, CW. What makes this 006c so different and runs these apps so well?? None of the 007 variant can run it...

I believe either they screw up all the other version or they accidentally unscrewed something in 006c!

Comment

oh, i had no shutdown issues in 1.6, but i did on minix images and with 1.7, i didn't run 1.5 for very long but i think i had some restarts on that. Guess i'll reflash 1.6 till it gets sorted or try Lewy's HFW. Minix seems pretty active on their end so no biggie.
                            Hold on...there is absolutely no ROM that i havent flashed, except Finless 1.6, funny.

003, 004, 005, 006x all with two scenarios, rooted and not-rooted, Finless 1.4/1.5, Lewys Hybrds (1.2.x, 2.0.x), Strauzos, all with different kind of kernels, i have tried literary all of them, excluding the justxbmc and leolas rom, i have found finless always to be the most responsive and performant, but in this painful and informative path, i have had restarts and shutdowns randomly.

Restarts i had mostly from browsing (memory is getting clearer), while shutdowns are a result of heavy lags, quite sure here.

PS, i think Mikael has quite a valid point there, we must do some exact testings to isolate the problem here.

I've spread the idea before to create a list of issues we face in daily use, but i did not get my back there, people seem way more occupied to get accessories work right, it seems to matter a lot whatpeople use it for, i dont have Windows at home anymore ever since i got this device, quite a Desktop Replacement Tool in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Matrixlyn View Post
                              I disagree though...006c can runs any Hulu version including the latest version just fine. Not just HULU, other users has reported CBS, CW. What makes this 006c so different and runs these apps so well?? None of the 007 variant can run it...

I believe either they screw up all the other version or they accidentally unscrewed something in 006c!
                              It's something to do with Digital Rights Management. RockChip changed something here and MANY other latest TV stick ROMs have this problem. I bet you will see a Hulu update that fixes it later.

Bob
                              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

It's something to do with Digital Rights Management. RockChip changed something here and MANY other latest TV stick ROMs have this problem. I bet you will see a Hulu update that fixes it later.

Bob
                                I just tried CBS application and it works in Samsung Galaxy S4, so it is not a problem with app. More than that as I recall it was working with stack ROM before 007 update.

Comment

Working...
                                X