Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by welcometopoland View Post
    Can anybody help please ?

Apparently this was fixed by MINIX, but.. whatever I do I still get micro-freezes when watching 1080p mkv
    Tried various XMBC versions, tried MX Player, tried 1080/24 and 1080/60 setting.
    No luck.
    Yeap.. you're not the only one. And that's a good point: micro-freezes. Tried to explained that in other posts.
    Have you tried the latest ROM from Minix (oficial) ?

Comment

deleted

Comment

Originally posted by welcometopoland View Post
        Can anybody help please ?

Apparently this was fixed by MINIX, but.. whatever I do I still get micro-freezes when watching 1080p mkv
        Tried various XMBC versions, tried MX Player, tried 1080/24 and 1080/60 setting.
        No luck.
        After all the testing I did, the best I could come up with is: Quickshot ROM with (new?!) Molle kernel 1080p_1800cpu_798gpu_800ddr, on demand governor as instructed on the kernels' page and xmbc-minix_test2. The system is stable (one or two crashes during 10 days for me) and 1080p playback is acceptable, although there are here and there micro-freezes, visible especially on scrolling and slow panning scenes. Playback is done mainly using xbmc and also streaming to a Samsung TV in another room with bubbleupnp. Rather satisfied for now, although sometimes the micro freezes bother me. Also, for what is worth, I have not found a upnp/dlna server to stream subtitles so the only solution for me now is to mux the subtitles in the mkvs (god bless USB 3.0, it takes about 1-2 minutes to mux a 14GB file directly on a portable usb drive).
        I want 1080p for the movies, but also for watching hires pictures, so going to a 720p kernel is not a thing I want.

Comment

Originally posted by snorhyvel View Post
          Hi.Thanks for this nice ROM. I have some problems though. When I use explorer and chose network places it first works fine, but then the second time it complains about the password, and I see that the path it tries is not correct, it adds some other path and say access denied... I think I had this problem with the stock ROM as well...
          noone have any clue?

Comment

Did you see that?

Comment

I have been putting together an xbmc for my own use and to install on all my families boxes and I know how much you lot love to mess with xbmc so I thought I would share and you can help me find any bugs I have missed lol.

Some of the things that should work.
              • Hardware Decoding
              • Mouse wheel support
              • New Graphics (Not finished yet)
              • A fully customizable version of Confluence skin as default. All other skins removed. (If you want it faster then enable minimum spec option in skin settings)
              • Audio offset by 250 ms to fix audio lag.
              • SuperRepo Included.
              • All addons brought up to date.

It takes a long time on first run (about 2 minutes) while it sets everything up. The screen will go black and then it will go thru a few backgrounds, Just wait it out. It will launch normally after the first time.

Let me know how it goes.

Beyond XBMC Beta 1
              Last edited by Flumpster; 01-05-2014, 14:43.
              To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Pluto,
                thanks for the info. I have Lenovo N5902 remote and it unfortunately emits random back event not only during movies but also during normal use (tunein radio, wimp , chrome, google+ etc.)

replacing batteries and changing usb dongle slot didn't work for me
                Is there anyone else who has had this issue solved ?

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
                The random "go back" funtion is back. i know a few people had this, but strangely it happens only during movies.

While watching movies, i am just returned to the previous screen before the movie, first i thought it is dropped packets or buffer overload, but it was not a network issue. It is definitely not an app crash since no FC show up.

I found something even more awkward, it only happens to me when the minix remote is facing minix. took the batteries out, and could watch the movie without being interfered. WTH?

PS, to Bob and all Logitech k400 owners, are you having any sort of issues. Rapid typing makes the minix dyslectic , and sometimes the last touched key just continuely inputs yet the key is not held, very annoying when it happens with the backspace button.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
                  Pluto,
                  thanks for the info. I have Lenovo N5902 remote and it unfortunately emits random back event not only during movies but also during normal use (tunein radio, wimp , chrome, google+ etc.)

I was having this with my wireless mouse and with my Neo A2 when I had them plugged in to the usb on the back of the box. Since I have plugged them into the side usb instead I have not had it.

Maybe it is coincidence but worth a go.

Edit.. I missed the part where you said you have tried other usb slots sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by adrenalize View Post
                    Unfortunately not, it needs the lock screen working to switch users - it is based on the Minix ROM which seems to only have the lock screen partially implemented and not just hidden. Bob says it isn't a simple job to fix unfortunately.

Multi user would be great for me also as I use it as a big touchscreen in the kitchen with several of the family using it.
                    What touchscreen did you have it working with? Interested in trying one out as well exactly as u described.

Scribed henceforth from thy G pad.

Comment

Originally posted by DeliriumNL View Post
                      Hi Bob,

I'm i've been using Finless 1.7 and 1.8 for a while now. Since a couple of days - out of nothing - my box randomly shuts down.

This can happen during a youtube video, xbmx or anything else. It's completely random and happens once or twice per hour. Needless to say it's a big annoyance.

I'm using the following equipment
                      - Logitech K520
                      - USB DAC for audio-out.
                      - Toshiba TV
                      - Finless 1.8 with stock no-air kernel and no OC.

I had this problem both on 1.7 and after flashing to 1.8 it remained. I did a full NAND erase.

Any advice is welcome, is my device broken? I never oc'd it. Always run stock finless.

Thanks for your time.
                      You might try contacting minix and see if it still under warranty. Esp if the problem persists across ROMs

Comment

Nice I will try this out.
                        Is this based of the new Minix x7 Version or the beta 2??

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post

I have been putting together an xbmc for my own use and to install on all my families boxes and I know how much you lot love to mess with xbmc so I thought I would share and you can help me find any bugs I have missed lol.

Some of the things that should work.
                        • Hardware Decoding
                        • Mouse wheel support
                        • New Graphics (Not finished yet)
                        • A fully customizable version of Confluence skin as default. All other skins removed. (If you want it faster then enable minimum spec option in skin settings)
                        • Audio offset by 250 ms to fix audio lag.
                        • SuperRepo Included.
                        • All addons brought up to date.

It takes a long time on first run (about 2 minutes) while it sets everything up. The screen will go black and then it will go thru a few backgrounds, Just wait it out. It will launch normally after the first time.

Let me know how it goes.

Beyond XBMC Beta 1

Comment

Originally posted by strix View Post
                          Nice I will try this out.
                          Is this based of the new Minix x7 Version or the beta 2??
                          It is based on neither of them mate. I used SPMC as the base.

Comment

Originally posted by gizmo View Post
                            Pluto,

Does it happen without the keyboard attached? Also try removing the batteries of the remote that comes with the X7, i doubt on that one a lot at my case.

Comment

Thanks Flumpster for sharing your XBMC setup!!

Just set it up, so far works great!!!

Testing it on UT1, rooted with Finless 1.8 ROM and the Kernel from Ibazzi.

You should open a thread on it...

Thanks again,
                              southpole

Comment

Originally posted by unlo View Post
                                What touchscreen did you have it working with? Interested in trying one out as well exactly as u described.

It is an Acer T231HL - they are obsolete now but I grabbed one on **** - mainly because I've not heard any of the new 10 point Windows 8 compatible ones working.

Lots of of info in this thread http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?1802-Touchscreen

Comment

Working...
                                X