Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Take it apart and look... It's the ONLY way to know!

FYI there are clones of the X7 out there that are a lie! Even Minix posted about be careful if the price is too good to be true!

Take it apart and look!

Bob
    Why do you think its 3188t related?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

5.1 Sound

Originally posted by Merrin View Post
      Hello

I just got my X7. But i am wondering wich if this rom supports the 5.1 audio fully?
      With My stock rom my AV reciever tells me he gets DTS or DD 5.1 but only two channels have audio (when im listen to the loudspeakers)

Thanks!
      I haven't had time to go back to the Stock ROM
      but the Finless 1.8 OC does support DTS and DD 5.1

At the basic settings menu, select Sound/Sound Device
      and make sure you are using the SPDIF Passthru
      Then your amp should see the signal and you will get the full effect
      on all channels

Comment

You guys with flickering, this is turning up more and more and almost ALL the people that have this, have a 3188T processor.

Can I please ask that you take your box apart and look what it says on the processor PLEASE!

We are trying to nail down this flicker thing and we are pretty sure it's a 3188T issue.

It might not be and Minix has said they only ship 3188 not 3188T but can we please double check PRETTY PLEASE?

Bob
        Bob i know how to get into box, please tell me where to find processor model. More than happy to help in a matter that i am capable and this is one of those. Thanks, kevin

Comment

Originally posted by astral69 View Post
          I haven't had time to go back to the Stock ROM
          but the Finless 1.8 OC does support DTS and DD 5.1

At the basic settings menu, select Sound/Sound Device
          and make sure you are using the SPDIF Passthru
          Then your amp should see the signal and you will get the full effect
          on all channels
          Thanks,

I'm using the settings like this.
          My amp signals its DTS or DD 5.1 but no audio comming out of the speakers.
          Do we have somewhere a test file, where other have succesfully heared the 5.1 audio?
          So i can confirm to be sure (if my file is only 2.0 stereo, i can try all i want ofcourse )

Comment

DTS and DD 5.1 samples

will give you several to choose from

What player are you using?

I use MX player PRO and have just discovered that I have to turn OFF
            the SW decoder, or the DTS does not come through

PS clips may claim to be DTS or DD but are not
            Last edited by astral69; 01-28-2014, 11:08.

Comment

Originally posted by astral69 View Post
              http://www.demo-world.eu/trailers/hi...n-trailers.php

will give you several to choose from

What player are you using?

I use MX player PRO and have just discovered that I have to turn OFF
              the SW decoder, or the DTS does not come through

PS clips may claim to be DTS or DD but are not
              Well now i can hear the 5.1 sound,wich is nice
              must of been my previous files

Comment

how to prevent going into "sleep" mode ?

where do i set it to not go into sleep mode after x hours ?

when i start the unit after sleep, xbmc is all semi-frozen and i lost all library until restart of xbmc.

can it be set somewhere ?

Comment

You guys with flickering, this is turning up more and more and almost ALL the people that have this, have a 3188T processor.

Can I please ask that you take your box apart and look what it says on the processor PLEASE!

We are trying to nail down this flicker thing and we are pretty sure it's a 3188T issue.

It might not be and Minix has said they only ship 3188 not 3188T but can we please double check PRETTY PLEASE?

Bob
                  Let me mix it up for you then (heatsink is attached by a light adhesive and can be easily removed and replaced)

Ordered through amazon, shipped by minix. Payed full retail. I have issues using your rom with screen turning off and back on, and some flickering every few seconds. performance isn't terrific either. Also Google play music all access doesn't and hasn't ever worked properly until I tried some of the newest 4.4.2 roms offered on the stickies.

Comment

Originally posted by kanwisher View Post
                    Let me mix it up for you then (heatsink is attached by a light adhesive and can be easily removed and replaced)

Ordered through amazon, shipped by minix. Payed full retail. I have issues using your rom with screen turning off and back on, and some flickering every few seconds. performance isn't terrific either. Also Google play music all access doesn't and hasn't ever worked properly until I tried some of the newest 4.4.2 roms offered on the stickies.
                    OK so the flicker many are reporting is not always a 3188T. Crap I thought for sure that was going to be the issue

We just do not know at the moment what is causing this. I have some ideas though.

1) Some folks have reported the HDMI cable.
                    2) Some have reported video overlay vs LCD density in build.prop
                    3) Some magically solved it by using another kernel. But this is so speculative there is no hard facts yet.

Bottom line this flicker did NOT ever show up until recent kernel and build.prop changes with video_overlay directive. This I can attest to!

I bet if you go flash the 006 ROM, you will not have flicker.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Hey finless, will you be releasing a 4.4.2 rom anytime soon.

Thanks!

Comment

Re: NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

OK so the flicker many are reporting is not always a 3188T. Crap I thought for sure that was going to be the issue

We just do not know at the moment what is causing this. I have some ideas though.

3) Some magically solved it by using another kernel. But this is so speculative there is no hard facts yet.

Bottom line this flicker did NOT ever show up until recent kernel and build.prop changes with video_overlay directive. This I can attest to!

Bob
                        From stock 006c to 007 the flickering started...

Comment

Bob
                          I just read this over on the Droidbox forums. Might be relevant.

Hi Guys,

It took a while to finish the firmware for the DroidBOX X7, but we did it
                          Updated 12/12/2013:
                          Recently we got a new batch for X7 devices from China and factory has changed the hardware components without giving us a notice, therefore most of the customers who received the boxes after 05/12/2013 had the screen flickering issues. The latest firmware we released has solved this issue. Please accept our apologies, we were so busy shipping out the previous boxes and it never crossed our minds to double check the new batch. If you fail to update the firmware, then you could ship the devices and we will replace them with the new firmware version devices.
                          To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
                            Got my x7 in the first batch of geekbuying. Its a 3188 not 3188t. The flickering is only with some roms. With the quickshot rom i got the flickering on every resolution but the 1080 60hz. I think its a tv issue. The 3188 t is a slower processor so it would antutu very low. I had my x7 apart a month a go. Its not a 3188t. Does anyone had a 3188t in there x7? Its a tv issue im sure..

I agree with you, I do believe its a tv issue because i tested the same rom on 3 other tvs and they dont do the same kind of flickering, however they DO black out every 15 mins or so for about 3 seconds and then turn back on. Sound also stops when it blacks out.

Comment

Hi Finnless Bob
                              Do you know a solution to cut the power supply of one of the usb sockets if the Minix is in standby?

Thank you in advance.
                              Last edited by Rohliboy; 01-30-2014, 17:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Rohliboy View Post
                                Hi Finnless Bob
                                Do you know a solution to cut the power supply of one of the usb sockets if the Minix is in standby?

Thank you in advance.
                                Not possible without hardware changes. The USB power is on the same power buss on the board as everything else. There is no chip in the middle that controled USB port power. Data yes, power no.

Bob
                                "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                                "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                                "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                                "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                                "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                                "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                                "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                                "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                                "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Working...
                                X