Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajamils View Post
    Any plan on updating the ROM with newer stock release?
    When Minix comes out with a non-BETA 010 or whatever, then yes I plan to do one.

Bob
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Great ROM, Sound Issue

Hi,
      I've been using your ROM since I've got my Minix.
      I've tried the HardwareGuru, but videos on XBMC there seems not working.

There is one issue that I've bumped into in your ROM,
      I'm working with the Mele F10 Pro remote and as I start up the system, the default sound output is the damn remote instead of HDMI OR in my case, the 3.5mm jack to 5.1 surround system.

P.S
      The wifi disconnects sometimes although I'm really close to the router...

Is there any way to fix this thing?

Comment

It is not just a problem for your remote

I use the Minix A2 remote and the Sound Devices Manager defaults in the same way

Is there any way to get a general fix for the Sound Devices Manager so that
        it will remember the previous settings?

In my case I would like it to default to Passthru
        Last edited by astral69; 04-12-2014, 12:56.

Comment

Finless 1.8 - best so far

Hi All,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for this ROM and the included kernels. I think this is ROM number 5 or 6 now for my little Minix. I flashed this one because I wanted the overclocked kernels - just got a new 4K 3d tv and the Minix was struggling a little.

Well, what can I say? Fluid, de-bloated, swift, sharp resolution - just brilliant all over. Some 1080p movies suffer a little stuttering (Avengers, notably) but those movies are my acid-test. They always stutter and here it is the least I have seen (also, I need to check if this is playback or network speed - could be network).

Other than the problem movies, everything else works brilliantly. 720p looks gorgeous, 1080p movies (other than 'those' ones) work beautifully. I watched Wreck it Ralph last night in 3D, 1080p and it was flawless.

Thanks so much for all the work you do on your ROMs, I highly recommend this one to those X7 owners who want to squeeze the best performance from their machines.

(All my videos are played over the network from my PC, using MX Player via Plex)

Comment

I have already Flash Rom 1.8 Finless but i dont know flash ROM -> Minix Neo X7 - 720P Overclock Kernels (68 megs).
            Please tell me how can i do that.Thanks

Comment

Kernel flashing..

Originally posted by sony17 View Post
              I have already Flash Rom 1.8 Finless but i dont know flash ROM -> Minix Neo X7 - 720P Overclock Kernels (68 megs).
              Please tell me how can i do that.Thanks

Hi,
              This can be done the same way you flash a full ROM, but only difference is that you need to uncheck all V from the checkboxes and only leave the one says: kernel.
              Now, you can choose the kernel you want to flush.. if you have flashed a 1080p boot you need 1080 kernel and the same goes for 720p..

It's tha easy.. have fun..
              I would recommend you to flash the 1800 CPU, 600 GPU, 720 DDR.. this is the most effective configuration that I found and tried among the rest of the collection.

Comment

sound issues?

First off I wanted to thank finless for all the hard work he's done on the mk808 in the past. I've recently retired my old mk808 and give it to my brother. I've tried a tonne of roms for my new minix x7 but couldn't find one that came close to matching the performance of my ouya running cyanogenmod kit kat despite it's inferior specs.

i stayed away from finless because it was so old compared to the other roms I tried wasser kit kat, quickshot and the stock 10b. Should of known that finless would be the best one. Finally my x7 is outrunning my ouya.

One issue I have and it's likely a problem at my end is I can't figure out how to get surround sound to work in xbmc. I tried it on xbmc gotham beta 4. DO I need to use the libmedia version of spmc? I had it running using passthrough using the 10b firmware. Is there a way to get 5.1 sound on this rom?

Thanks again Bob, I will be donating. Any chance you'll be making a ouya rom ever? It's quite a nice android pc once the stock rom has been replaced.

Comment

Flash mode after update: no USB-device detected.

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your ROM (1.8). I used it for some months now, without any troubles and had lots of fun with it.

Now, I want to try another ROM, but my pc won't detect anything at the USB-port. I used the same system, that worked before (same cables, etc.). I tried another laptop, that didn't work either. Reinstalled drivers, all with the same result: nothing can connect via USB.

When I use the reset button (paperclip) and power button, the system starts in Android System recovery <3e> (reboot system now, apply update..., etc.).
                  No USB-connection possible with pc.

But the USB-device is not detected; there is nothing to see in the device manager (W7-64bit). I did unroot the system, but that didn't work either (wild guess).

Do you have a suggestion for me to connect via USB again?

Kind regards,
                  Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Navellint View Post
                    Hi Bob,
                    When I use the reset button (paperclip) and power button, the system starts in Android System recovery <3e> (reboot system now, apply update..., etc.).
                    You'll need to hold both till your PC detects the the X7, and that could be 15-30 seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by jacknjill10101 View Post
                      You'll need to hold both till your PC detects the the X7, and that could be 15-30 seconds.
                      Hi jack,

Thanks for your answer. I tried this three times, for over a minute, but it booted in the Android System recovery <3e> menu (no usb device detected).

Are there other means to install another ROM, using the system recovery menu its boots to?

Kind regards,
                      Fred.

Comment

Hi jack,

Thanks for your answer. I tried this three times, for over a minute, but it booted in the Android System recovery <3e> menu (no usb device detected).

Are there other means to install another ROM, using the system recovery menu its boots to?

Kind regards,
                        Fred.
                        Hello, have you tried using the sdcard slot? Try installing the latest official firmware (update.zip). Copy the update.zip file to sdcard and in recovery mode select apply update from external storage.

.... another thing you can do is to delete the rockchip driver in your system (c:\windows\system32\drivers) directory, open the drivers folder and look for "rockusb.sys" then delete the file. restart your pc and connect your minix via usb (mass storage or MTP) if your pc finds a new device then install again the drivers.

hope that helps.... if not then maybe just maybe there is something wrong with your OTG port!

Comment

Originally posted by eyeyousee View Post
                          Hello, have you tried using the sdcard slot? Try installing the latest official firmware (update.zip). Copy the update.zip file to sdcard and in recovery mode select apply update from external storage.

.... another thing you can do is to delete the rockchip driver in your system (c:\windows\system32\drivers) directory, open the drivers folder and look for "rockusb.sys" then delete the file. restart your pc and connect your minix via usb (mass storage or MTP) if your pc finds a new device then install again the drivers.

hope that helps.... if not then maybe just maybe there is something wrong with your OTG port!
                          Thanks! I'll try the sdcard slot. Can I update the latest official firmware over the Finless 1.8 ROM?

I am afraid there is something wrong with the OTG port. I tried lots of things. But I give it another shot.
                          I let you know the results.

Comment

Thanks! I'll try the sdcard slot. Can I update the latest official firmware over the Finless 1.8 ROM?

I am afraid there is something wrong with the OTG port. I tried lots of things. But I give it another shot.
                            I let you know the results.
                            The update using the sdcard slot worked like a charm. Thanks! I found the pre-010 firmware, update.zip. Now 1080p video is buttery smooth. I tried a connection using flash modus with a pc, but no USB-devices were found.

Comment

New version?

Hi Bob,
                              Any news about a new version with kitkat?

Comment

The update using the sdcard slot worked like a charm. Thanks! I found the pre-010 firmware, update.zip. Now 1080p video is buttery smooth. I tried a connection using flash modus with a pc, but no USB-devices were found.
                                Before you connect to pc make sure you are in USB Debugging Mode, in device settings "USB Menu" select connect to PC and in "Storage Menu" you can select to connect as "MTP", Mass Storage" then let's see if your pc usb port can read the device.

You can also find out if your OTG port is defective by doing the following:

1. turn on the device first (connected to tv)
                                2. plug in your supplied OTG cable to OTG port
                                3. plug a USB (stick) Flash drive or Thumb Drive (as others would call it) to the OTG cable

- If minix can read the USB (stick) flash drive, then your OTG port is fine.

This way you can figure out one by one what really is the problem.

Good Luck and Have a nice day!

Comment

Working...
                                X