Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minix X7 - 216 A?

What is the Minix X7 216A version now available from NewEgg and is it the same thing as the regular Minix X7? Will it still work with custom roms?

All the best,

Jboo

Comment

Originally posted by Flumpster View Post
      Not the best idea to spam the same question around everyones thread. Why didn't you just make your own post instead of doing that?
      Sorry mate, just didn't want to clutter up the board. Only posted in Finless & 4.4.2 threads

Comment

Is it possible to reprogram airmouse buttons within this rom? I have an RII K25 and some buttons are doing other functions ie: Home button is opening the default browser.

Comment

Is there a way to easily install this from CWM? I have that recovery on my system from Quickshot.

Comment

Sorry wrong topic.

Comment

Anyway to get minix XBMC working with this rom? I saw a couple of solutions in other threads but now the links to files seem to be dead.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by srichar3 View Post
                Anyway to get minix XBMC working with this rom? I saw a couple of solutions in other threads but now the links to files seem to be dead.

Thanks
                7) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
                I am spoofing a Samsung device that will show almost any APP as compatible.
                Your device will show up in google play as Samsung device not a X7!
                Understand this please.
                I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
                If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
                Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
                Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
                Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a Minix Nexo X7.

When you have don this you can install the Minix version of Xbmc.

Comment

TV apps

Hello,
                  I've installed the ROM with OC kernel as suggested in previous posts and I'm very pleased with 1080p playback via justXBMC.

The problem I have is with two TV apps: Swisscom TV (https://www.google.ch/url?sa=t&rct=j...62788935,d.ZGU) and Zattoo (https://www.google.ch/url?sa=t&rct=j...62788935,d.ZGU) These are live TV apps for Switzerland (accessible via VPN too) featuring a lot of international channels.

The first has video crashing as soon as a channel is in play, while the latter stops randomly. I wonder if such problems are related to rooting (Minix firmware had them working ok). If so, would it be possible to have a non rooted version of the firmware. Also I noticed that SPDIF out setting is not maintaned after reboot. Maybe a small bug?

Live TV is the only thing still missing for my Minix... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by vgpalmieri View Post
                    Hello,
                    I've installed the ROM with OC kernel as suggested in previous posts and I'm very pleased with 1080p playback via justXBMC.

The problem I have is with two TV apps: Swisscom TV (https://www.google.ch/url?sa=t&rct=j...62788935,d.ZGU) and Zattoo (https://www.google.ch/url?sa=t&rct=j...62788935,d.ZGU) These are live TV apps for Switzerland (accessible via VPN too) featuring a lot of international channels.

The first has video crashing as soon as a channel is in play, while the latter stops randomly. I wonder if such problems are related to rooting (Minix firmware had them working ok). If so, would it be possible to have a non rooted version of the firmware. Also I noticed that SPDIF out setting is not maintaned after reboot. Maybe a small bug?

Live TV is the only thing still missing for my Minix... Thanks!
                    You can install hide my root.

Comment

Battery Status shows as Unknown 0% rather than 100%

The official firmware from Minix now spoofs the battery status so that it shows as 100% charged. Finless 1.8 shows the battery as Unknown with 0% charge, which causes a problem with several apps that will not do what they are supposed to unless the device has at least 10% battery charge, and since Finless 1.8 always reports 0% battery, they are useless.

Is there any way to adjust this setting by editing or patching some system configuration? I have been using Finless 1.8 since its release, but 2 of these apps are going to be necessary for me in a few weeks, so I may have to go with another ROM if this is unfixable.

Comment

Can the 10 and 14,GB parameter files be used with other roms?

Comment

One noob question, is the audio (driver) files comes with the video (1080p) kernels?

Thanks!

Comment

Help needed! My X7 mini not recognized

Help wanted. Wanted to flash this rom (have done so quite often on various devices) but my X7 mini is not recognized.
                            - tried multiple pc's and multiple USB ports, both on the x7 mini and pc;
                            - checked the pc-to-device usb box
                            - installed RK drivers on the PC

verified:
                            - USB ports on device are OK (keyboard dongle works fine)
                            - device enters flash mode

but:
                            - device not recognized under any circumstance by PC

HELP

Comment

Are you using the correct cable?

USB at PC end and OTG port at Minix end

OTG port looks like a mini usb connection
                              but has to use an OTG cable, not the standard mini usb

Comment

Originally posted by astral69 View Post
                                Are you using the correct cable?

USB at PC end and OTG port at Minix end

OTG port looks like a mini usb connection
                                but has to use an OTG cable, not the standard mini usb
                                Thanks.
                                My MinixX7 Mini does not have a mini usb port. I tried it with and without the OTG cable on both USB ports but to no avail...

Comment

Working...
                                X