No announcement yet.

Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get ok/poor performance on this rom, my screen flickers horizontal artifacts (on default finless 1.8 rom settings, no OC). And Google Play all access STILL doesn't work.

I'm currently using the Wasser stuff and Google Play Music streaming works and it's pretty smooth, but I don't know if it's very track pad friendly as the other versions.

I have a MINIX x7 (not mini). Finless roms int he past have worked great on my MK908, no luck with this one on this device, what could be causing this? Also...Please get Google Play all access music to work on your rom, maybe you can consult with Wasser on how he got it to work on his rom.

Comment

Originally posted by kanwisher View Post
      I get ok/poor performance on this rom, my screen flickers horizontal artifacts (on default finless 1.8 rom settings, no OC). And Google Play all access STILL doesn't work.

I'm currently using the Wasser stuff and Google Play Music streaming works and it's pretty smooth, but I don't know if it's very track pad friendly as the other versions.

I have a MINIX x7 (not mini). Finless roms int he past have worked great on my MK908, no luck with this one on this device, what could be causing this? Also...Please get Google Play all access music to work on your rom, maybe you can consult with Wasser on how he got it to work on his rom.

I had a similar issue with finless 1.8. My screen would flicker every 5 seconds or so. I went back to finless 1.7 and am using stock kernel and all is fine. The overclocked kernels seem to make my screen flicker. Problem occurs in 1.7 when using overclocked kernels as well on my system, but the stock kernel works well. Have you tried the stock kernal in finless 1.8.

Good Luck, kevin

Comment

Only PCM audio output

I am running the Finless 1.8 on Minix Neo X7. Great ROM, thanks Bob

No matter what settings I use for sound, my Yamaha A1010 amp tells
        me the audio received is only PCM.
        Even when I select the Passthru option

I understand the royalties issue and why Passthru is the way to go

I have hdmi and spdif connected and am using dts test files
        with MX Player Pro

What am I missing here?

PS the amp is decoding the PCM and giving me surround, but not the full DTS experience

Comment

Stutter on Samsung TV

I can confirm that turning off the 100 Plus option on my Samsung TV
          gets rid of the stutter on pan shots with 1080
          Thanks to the OP for the tip.
          Last edited by astral69; 01-25-2014, 13:38.

Comment

Originally posted by smokie171 View Post
            I had a similar issue with finless 1.8. My screen would flicker every 5 seconds or so. I went back to finless 1.7 and am using stock kernel and all is fine. The overclocked kernels seem to make my screen flicker. Problem occurs in 1.7 when using overclocked kernels as well on my system, but the stock kernel works well. Have you tried the stock kernal in finless 1.8.

Good Luck, kevin
            Hey, I just flashed Finless 1.8 with default settings and this screen blinking and "jumping" occurs. Any solution other that downgrade to 1.7.

Thx in advance.

Comment

flicker PLEASE help us to figure it out!

Originally posted by All.Os View Post
              Hey, I just flashed Finless 1.8 with default settings and this screen blinking and "jumping" occurs. Any solution other that downgrade to 1.7.

Thx in advance.
              You guys with flickering, this is turning up more and more and almost ALL the people that have this, have a 3188T processor.

Can I please ask that you take your box apart and look what it says on the processor PLEASE!

We are trying to nail down this flicker thing and we are pretty sure it's a 3188T issue.

It might not be and Minix has said they only ship 3188 not 3188T but can we please double check PRETTY PLEASE?

Bob
              "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
              "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
              "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
              "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
              "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
              "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
              "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
              "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
              "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                You guys with flickering, this is turning up more and more and almost ALL the people that have this, have a 3188T processor.

Can I please ask that you take your box apart and look what it says on the processor PLEASE!

We are trying to nail down this flicker thing and we are pretty sure it's a 3188T issue.

Bob
                Is the 3188t a weaker processor? Do I need to do an amazon exchange? I bought it within 15 days from now

Comment

Originally posted by kanwisher View Post
                  Is the 3188t a weaker processor? Do I need to do an amazon exchange? I bought it within 15 days from now
                  Take it apart and look... It's the ONLY way to know!

FYI there are clones of the X7 out there that are a lie! Even Minix posted about be careful if the price is too good to be true!

Take it apart and look!

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Got my x7 in the first batch of geekbuying. Its a 3188 not 3188t. The flickering is only with some roms. With the quickshot rom i got the flickering on every resolution but the 1080 60hz. I think its a tv issue. The 3188 t is a slower processor so it would antutu very low. I had my x7 apart a month a go. Its not a 3188t. Does anyone had a 3188t in there x7? Its a tv issue im sure..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

ethernet speed

Can anybody report about highest ethernet speed reached on this ROM? (also please indicate the input line speed).

Comment

Re: NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by klimovs View Post
                        Can anybody report about highest ethernet speed reached on this ROM? (also please indicate the input line speed).
                        How to test? My input line is 60mb/s

Comment

ethernet speed

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
                          How to test? My input line is 60mb/s

Hi Benser, You can test with OOKLA or by any other tester you like. I just want to find the maximum reacheable ethernet speed for this ROM. On Finless 1.7 I can not get more than 40 mbit at 100 mbit line. Is it HW or SW limitation?

Comment

Re: NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by klimovs View Post
                            Hi Benser, You can test with OOKLA or by any other tester you like. I just want to find the maximum reacheable ethernet speed for this ROM. On Finless 1.7 I can not get more than 40 mbit at 100 mbit line. Is it HW or SW limitation?
                            60mb on 60mb line.. speedtest.net

Comment

5.1 audio

Hello

I just got my X7. But i am wondering wich if this rom supports the 5.1 audio fully?
                              With My stock rom my AV reciever tells me he gets DTS or DD 5.1 but only two channels have audio (when im listen to the loudspeakers)

Thanks!

Comment

Sorry for double posting but I opened my Neo X7 that I received about 2 weeks ago and I can confirm it has a 3188 chip. I am using Finless 1.8 with 1080p kernel at cpu 1700 gpu 800 and ddr at 667and I still experience screen blinking. i notice it happens more often when using MX Player or XBMC. Not sure what to do next but I will probably try with different kernels. Will report back if I notice any progress.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X