Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by welcometopoland View Post
    Can anybody help please ?

Apparently this was fixed by MINIX, but.. whatever I do I still get micro-freezes when watching 1080p mkv
    Tried various XMBC versions, tried MX Player, tried 1080/24 and 1080/60 setting.
    No luck.
    I tried the latest minix release (jan 2014) non-rooted and rooted (http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...-008-20140101/) and with Molle kernel OCed (1080p_cpu1800_gpu798_ddr800) and it seems the micro-freezes have gone away. I tested it with the minx xbmc built in and with MX Player. You should give it a try.
    I'll stay with this version, apparently it works best for me, for now.

Comment

is bluetooth not working?

Comment

Originally posted by adx7 View Post
        I tried the latest minix release (jan 2014) non-rooted and rooted (http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...-008-20140101/) and with Molle kernel OCed (1080p_cpu1800_gpu798_ddr800) and it seems the micro-freezes have gone away. I tested it with the minx xbmc built in and with MX Player. You should give it a try.
        I'll stay with this version, apparently it works best for me, for now.
        Updated and mostly Custom Stock-based FW with a polished up-to-date Kernel, that has been my principle so far.

I couldnt pair a good match tbh, i havent messed with Molle's kernels though. Is Molles kernel based on 006?

I am teased to test some KitKat as well, wondering if Bob is brewing something in that area too, it feels good not to have Minix as the only resource.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post
          Updated and mostly Custom Stock-based FW with a polished up-to-date Kernel, that has been my principle so far.

I couldnt pair a good match tbh, i havent messed with Molle's kernels though. Is Molles kernel based on 006?

I am teased to test some KitKat as well, wondering if Bob is brewing something in that area too, it feels good not to have Minix as the only resource.
          For my own part, I need a rooted ROM, because I want to interfere with the Generic.kl to make my (sh***y) PNI airmouse work. I don't know about Molle's kernels, but they work nice for me. I also tested some KitKat ROM just to see the video output (not connectivity) but I was disappointed (see here).

Comment

Re: NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by DeliriumNL View Post
            Yeah it doesn't work out of the box, have to use something like 'Universal Init.d' to get it working.
            How do you get it working.
            When i make a nfs map.
            When i reboot its gone...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
              How do you get it working.
              When i make a nfs map.
              When i reboot its gone...

Install Universal init.d.

Comment

Originally posted by DeliriumNL View Post
                Install Universal init.d.
                Thanks got it working.
                Now my nfs share is mounted at boot. Super

Comment

On the next ROM I make I will fix Minix init.d screw up. It's a simple edit to init.rc in boot.img.
                  FYI I noticed they made the same mistake in the latest release too.

Bob
                  "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                  "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                  "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                  "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                  "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                  "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                  "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                  "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                  "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                    On the next ROM I make I will fix Minix init.d screw up. It's a simple edit to init.rc in boot.img.
                    FYI I noticed they made the same mistake in the latest release too.

Bob
                    Your right bob,
                    I got init.d in the latest rom working using uiversal init.d app.
                    Im on rooted stock rom.

Comment

Could you add a Mouse Pointer like from a Windows Pc or the same as in nexus rom?

Comment

Anybody noticed that in mx player playing a m2ts movie you cant turn of the subs? Even when no subs selected the subs are in there.

If you choose a subtitle you get the subs double....

There is an option in settings to turn of subs. But they are still there.

In xbmc 4 minix i dont have that problem playing the same m2ts movie.

Comment

Originally posted by aggro600 View Post
                          Could you add a Mouse Pointer like from a Windows Pc or the same as in nexus rom?
                          Anything else?

Bob

Comment

Anything else?

Bob
                            Not sure you can fix this with your rom but I have these video streaming problems since 007 and 008. 006 seems to work ok. Also, these problems below are using the standard vendor apps, not through XBMC. I posted this in minixforums.com previously but am cross posting here for your ease.

I have 2 minix x7’s in the United States and am having substantial problems with them crashing any time I try and stream video from several of the largest providers in the United States. I have tried firmware version 006, 007e and 008. I’m using the minix provided hdmi cable and have Verizon fios 25Mbps down/15 Mbps up optical speed. 007e and 008 always crash when trying to stream the following sources:

- Verizon Fios all channels from their mobile app – crash and need to unplug and reboot
                            - CBS – crash and need to unplug and reboot
                            - ABC - you get an error to disconnect the secondary screen output and can’t play anything
                            - NBC – In 720P mode there is substantial color banding and pixilation, in 1080p it is ok
                            - ESPN – crash and need to unplug and reboot
                            - FoxNow - Ok
                            - HBOgo – Ok
                            - Showtime – OK
                            - Slingplayer - Ok

- Others on minix forum report CW app crashing as well

It is basically unusable for video streaming as these are all of the largest US tv providers.
                            As these work under version 006, it seems like a problem when they changed how they handle 1080p or something.

Comment

soyrme, I will give you my 2 cents on this.....

It's called DRM. Google that if you don't know what DRM means.

006 release was a bastard child of 4.2.2 JellyBean. What I mean by that is it was a early adoption of Jellybean but had a lot of old 4.0 ICS stuff. This includes DRM and HDMI detection. Releases after 006 complied to the full Google JB release. This busted many APPS and things your complaining about. It's not all Minix here but in fact RockChip complying with Google standards for 4.2.2 in their SDK.

In the end your barking up the wrong tree... Go tell those APP makers about the problem and get them to fix this.

I KNOW you might say... "It works on my phone or my tablet" but they are not HDMI enabled and comply with DRM. So this problem will be around forever from a ROM / OS perspective! It's up to the makers of the APP to solve this issue.

Bob

Comment

Anything else?

Bob
                                Your ROM is nearly perfect for me. Works smoothly with 1080p video streamed with plex from my NAS.

The only drawback is that fast forward & fast rewind lags or even freeze. But I have the same problem on all 4.2.2 firmware even on k-r42 box. Rewind/forward works great on 4.4 rom but there are too many issues on kikat to be usable for the moment...

Great job !

Franck.
                                for windows8.1 drivers fix follow this.
                                ---
                                Jesurun v2.1 old rev with wasser firmware 1.2.5
                                K-R42 v2.1 new rev with wasser firmware 1.2.5
                                Minix neo x7 mini with quickshot firmware 3.1 with kernel HDMI patch
                                Minix neo s8s with stock firmware
                                Plex streamer with external MX player
                                TV Sony Bravia HDMI 1080p/60hz with AC3/DTS passthru.

Comment

Working...
                                X