No announcement yet.

Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Hulu Plus latest working on this ROM. However, CBS application is re-booting this device and another app which I can't recall is also re-booting as well. Most of the other multimedia app are working for me. Someone might want to take a deeper into this issue? Really like the ROM!

Comment

skype latest versions not working with this rom ( my cam is logitech c170 ) . i had to go to 3.2 version to make a successfull call. does it work for you? thanks

Comment

Guys there is new version of Minix xbmc

Code:
        http://www.minix.com.hk/Support.htm
        Is there any chance to run this at non minix roms.

Comment

Originally posted by xes View Post

Code:
          http://www.minix.com.hk/Support.htm

Try this one.

To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Thank you very much for this !!! I will try it out when I go home.

Keep up great work !

Comment

Originally posted by xes View Post

Let's discuss the merits of the MINIX XBMC here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...C-beta-release, shall we?
              NVidia Shield TV 2015 16 GB || Stock
              NVidia Shield TV 2017 16 GB || Stock
              Buy me a beer?

Comment

I recently flashed finless oc kernel 1080 1700cpu 878gpu 720ddr and I'm pretty happy with the performance of the device. Performs slightly better if I flash the other kernel option, all same but DDR 800. Noticed the unit gets slightly hotter though so I reverted back to 720 DDR.

Question, how were these thresholds determined? Why not DDR 1ghz? Why max 800drr? Also my os3 still gets hotter then this when over clocked. What are odds of cooking my MINIX neo x7 to death using these over clock kernels?

I prefer to run the 1080p CPU 1700 GPU 800 DDR 800 but device does get very warm but it runs like butter!

Comment

Originally posted by Pluto View Post

PS, i think Mikael has quite a valid point there, we must do some exact testings to isolate the problem here.

I've spread the idea before to create a list of issues we face in daily use, but i did not get my back there, people seem way more occupied to get accessories work right, it seems to matter a lot whatpeople use it for, i dont have Windows at home anymore ever since i got this device, quite a Desktop Replacement Tool in my opinion.
                  I'm all for testing, if we can come up with some way to do it in an organized manner. I don't mind down time on my x7.

Comment

hi guys

i've just flashed the finless 1.8, everything seems fine but the WIFI can't find anymore my 5GHZ wifi network...

before flashing, with the stock firmware, the 5GHZ network was ok!

how can i resolve?

EDIT: after a reboot the 5ghz network is working fine
                    Last edited by Zulrem; 12-17-2013, 20:13.

Comment

[QUOTE=Finless;122528]Hulu+ latest APP is the problem! They need to fix it.

Use the 2.6 HD version and it works fine. Here it is:

Bob[/QUOTe
                      thanks bob i'm new here and you are right the latest is the problem i tryed 2.6 and is working fine now

Comment

bob thanks for all the work thats done here and have a beer on me Confirmation number: 3WH88983S87561626.

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                          Hulu+ latest APP is the problem! They need to fix it.

Use the 2.6 HD version and it works fine. Here it is:

Bob
                          Thanks bob. At least this is a working solution. If you're right, then that means Rockchip has a lot to answer...not only HULU is broken, a lot of other apps and streaming channel like CBS etc and others are also broken.

Btw, this 1.8 finless includes the function of 720p with the 1080p overlay right?

Comment

Hi Bob,

Thank you for sharing your work with us!
                            Confirmation number: 3R0320373U4348326.

I have decided to stick with your
                            kernel1080_cpu1704h_gpu798h_ddr800.img

I am concerned about cooking my new toy to dust, but after trying your kernel and experiencing the performance improvements, I have concluded that this device isnt even worth the time without it! The whole unit seems overall more stable with this oc kernel and NOVA3 is practically unplayable without out.

What kernel are you using?

Also, I have updated busybox and instaallled the following tweaks from XDA to further improve performance:
                            -HyperCola (before starting Nova 3 or Conduit)
                            -V6 SuperCharger with Services Jar patcher
                            -PurePerformance CM
                            Last edited by Cantenna; 12-18-2013, 15:28.

Comment

install with CWM recovery

Hey,
                              I rooted my x7 and it installed CWM recovery.
                              When i go into recovery and open the Rom Flash Tool. It doesnt find my X& altho the windows rivers installed. Is it a problem because i have CWM?

Is there a CWM flashable file?

please advise.

Thanks

Neil

Comment

General notes on my new Neo X7

Haven't posted in awhile, I have an MK808 that I gave up on a while ago.
                                But, the prospect of faster overall speeds, better wireless with an antenna, and a power button made the X7 appealing to me for family use.

So, I got the unit and it ran OK, got 18,600 on Antutu but it seemed a bit laggy playing certain videos.
                                Then I flashed to FB 1.8 using also the slightly faster CPU kernel(no gpu or memory upgrades) and it is certainly working/behaving better, although it has a lower Antutu score(18,400) than the original ROM/Kernel believe it or not, very odd

Pros:
                                - So far 0(zero) lockups or random reboots, solid
                                - Wireless works well with more bars than my old MK808 in both 2.4 and 5 Ghz modes
                                - YouTube and Netflix work fine, very fast
                                -- The overall speed of Netflix and YouTube GUI BLOW AWAY my old WD Live box
                                - Recovery from "sleep mode" is nearly instantaneous (but, only when it works... see cons below)
                                - Google Apps works great and apps install fast

Cons:
                                - On/Off/Sleep via the included remote, or via GUI does not work properly "all the time"
                                -- I cannot seem to figure out how the remote operates, long press, single press ?
                                -- Does the unit need to be powered on via the manual power button on the box for the initial boot ?
                                -- If I click on "sleep" using my usb mouse and then even micro-move the move - it will not sleep
                                -- Sometimes I click sleep, and my screen goes dark, then it simply wakes up and comes back to life
                                -- Sometimes I click sleep, and it sleeps perfectly, then also later wakes perfectly
                                -- Regardless, "Sleep" does not seem to operate properly, not good enough for "family use" anyway
                                - Likely more of an "app thing", but the Archos free video player cannot play large videos well
                                -- I have not fully tested AVI vs MKV, but it is laggy and slow, even via a direct external USB hookup
                                -- Other video players have worked fine using the same USB drive and same movies
                                -- The native included video players, and MX player work fine with all my movies, MKV, AVI, MP4

I would like to eventually try the "XBMC thing" for videos given it seems soooo freaking popular, albeit with issues. But for now if I can just figure out how to get the sleep function working 100% of the time I am very satisfied. This unit will almost certainly replace my old WD Live box.

Also I need to test gaming and will likely buy a gamepad from GeekBuying and give it a whirl.
                                And, want to test Bluetooth and MiraCast but I know so little about MiraCast that I hesitate to even try.

Thanks Bob for the ROM/Kernel and hopefully my experiences will help someone.

Comment

Working...
                                X