Re: NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by Molle View Post
    Shouldn't it be
    Code:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    Ok ok forgot a slash will try and report

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I think Minix screwed up init.d support by putting in disabled in the init.rc call.

service sysinit /system/bin/logwrapper /system/bin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
      disabled
      oneshot

I am working on a kitkat ROM and found that if disabled is there it does not run!

Can some confirm this as I don't have time right now to mess with it.
      If you can confirm init.d does not work then I will make a new boot.img post haste.

I should have never trusted them to do it right

Bob
      "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
      "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
      "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
      "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
      "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
      "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
      "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
      "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
      "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

I have a Minix Neo A2 remote, everytime I reboot the box it sets the default sound to the remote instead of the TV or speakers. Is there a fix for this ?

BTW Love the rom, it makes an awesome box so much better.

Comment

Re: NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.8 ROM

Originally posted by Finless View Post
          I think Minix screwed up init.d support by putting in disabled in the init.rc call.

service sysinit /system/bin/logwrapper /system/bin/busybox run-parts /system/etc/init.d
          disabled
          oneshot

I am working on a kitkat ROM and found that if disabled is there it does not run!

Can some confirm this as I don't have time right now to mess with it.
          If you can confirm init.d does not work then I will make a new boot.img post haste.

I should have never trusted them to do it right

Bob
          Confirm not working init.d

Comment

Confirmed

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
            Confirm not working init.d

Yeah it doesn't work out of the box, have to use something like 'Universal Init.d' to get it working.

Comment

Originally posted by EGM92 View Post
              I have a Minix Neo A2 remote, everytime I reboot the box it sets the default sound to the remote instead of the TV or speakers. Is there a fix for this ?

BTW Love the rom, it makes an awesome box so much better.

Have the same problem - do not know how to fix it

Comment

008 to 1.9

Hi, Bob!
                Now we get new official x7 firmware 008:

Could you check it and make new Finless 1.9 ROM, based on this?
                Happy New Year!!!!!
                Last edited by saddas; 01-01-2014, 12:36.

Comment

Hope MINIX fixed the psr BT issue!!!
                  Minix neo x7 custom quickshot V3.1 kitkat with cpu1700 video stock and oc ram 720 kernal
                  HTC Amaze 4g unofficial cyanogen mod 11 KitKat 4.4.4
                  ASUS Nexus 7 (original 2012 tegra 3) Cyanogen mod 12 Lollipop 5.0.2

Comment

Before I make a new firmware, lets make sure this one runs good and fixes some of the issues like BT with sixaxis, etc. I will wait a little while to hear reports.

Bob
                    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

My interest...

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                      Before I make a new firmware, lets make sure this one runs good and fixes some of the issues like BT with sixaxis, etc. I will wait a little while to hear reports.
                      In reading the Minix official ChangeLog for version 008, I'm excited about a few things, in order..
                      1.) Preloaded official XBMC MINIX Edition (Version 12.4 MINIX);
                      10.) Removed USB mouse movement wake-up;
                      9.) Enhanced HDMI signal strength;

Hopefully they have also addressed other random issues as well.
                      Regardless I am using Bob's 1.8 and it has been very solid and stable for me.

Side note - the Archos video player does NOT play videos as well as the native Android video player.
                      It stutters and skips on several of my movies, one in particular an MKV DTS file.

So, I am excited to try XBMC and then also being able to possibly "click" on "Sleep" and actually have the dern thing go to sleep.

Oh... and I am using the 1800 kernel with DDR running at 667 and it is solid as a rock, and cool as a cucumber. I have left GPU changes alone since I am not ~yet~ using it for gaming.

Thanks again Bob.

Comment

Still no output

Hi,

I have tried all you said. There is still no output. The flash tool states that everything was ok.

Is there something else I am missing? Is there a way to give you a more detailed log?

Thanks again for helping!

Originally posted by hochoch View Post
                        Make sure to erase the nand twice at least. I would download the rom again just to be sure the download was ok. Also select all the components to flash using the tool again. Don't just hit flash before doing so. Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Sound issues

I have installed Finless 1.8 on a few of my Minix X7 devices.
                          The one major problem I have encountered, is that I am using a MINIX NEO A2 Airmouse.
                          Every time the box is powered on I have to go into Setting, Sound, Sound Device Manager and change output from Airmouse to other output.
                          When the box is powered off it defaults back to airmouse for input and output.

Comment

SMB password problems

Hi.Thanks for this nice ROM. I have some problems though. When I use explorer and chose network places it first works fine, but then the second time it complains about the password, and I see that the path it tries is not correct, it adds some other path and say access denied... I think I had this problem with the stock ROM as well...

Comment

Freezes & video stuttering

Can anybody help please ?

Apparently this was fixed by MINIX, but.. whatever I do I still get micro-freezes when watching 1080p mkv
                              Tried various XMBC versions, tried MX Player, tried 1080/24 and 1080/60 setting.
                              No luck.

Comment

How can I spoof WiFi mac address on X7?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X